WR Bobby Swigert

I was very impressed by this kids video. I know this is not right, but when I see a white reciever I always assume he is a possession type reciever. (Nate Swift should have proved to me that I was wrong about that.) This kid has it all. He has very good change of direction, great football awareness, the presence and ability to go up and get the ball, he is very physical as well as determined, he sees the field and uses his blockers very well, and he has very good speed, not a burner, but he seems to get to top speed very quickly. The only thing you can't say for sure is that he has great hands due to the fact that it is a highlight film, but he has some outstanding catches on there, so I think it is safe to say this kid doesn't drop many balls. I am assuming he will be an excellent blocker at the college level as well given his athleticism and his tenacity. I'm really hoping we land this kid.

No offense but Nate Swift should have done nothing to prove your "white receivers are possession receivers" wrong. Nate Swift is exactly what a possession receiver is.

I get what you are saying, but he does has some very big plays after the catch last year, but mostly I was thinking of some of the moves he made on punt returns. He juked quite a few guys out of their jock straps.

arts-graphics-2007_1177752a.jpg

he's a heck of a marksman, too.

Haha! That's the first thing I thought when I saw his name too.

"I don't think you understand - these people killed my dog."

you're one of the few people who actually got the reference.

• 2 weeks later...

“This summer has been crazy,” Swigert told GoBlueWolverine. “I’ve had lots of visits already, and there are more places I’ve got to see. It’s been tough because I played summer baseball, and now I’ve got football starting up. I’ve visited Michigan,and camped at Ohio State and Notre Dame. I’m headed to Stanford pretty quickly, then stopping at Nebraska on the way back, and I have a trip planned to Boston College.”

...“Michigan was amazing. I was impressed with everything I saw, like the facilities and the new indoor building … it was just amazing. Coach Rodriguez is one of the coolest coaches I’ve met. And the academic advisor (Shari Acho) explained everything really well.”

...“If I was to narrow down my list, Michigan would be in there. They are definitely one of the top contenders.”

arts-graphics-2007_1177752a.jpg

he's a heck of a marksman, too.

Haha! That's the first thing I thought when I saw his name too.

"I don't think you understand - these people killed my dog."

you're one of the few people who actually got the reference.

Now that I've seen the movie, I did too! Great movie, and awesome reference.

The Nebraska visit went outstanding.

Bobby & his father were both very impressed.

They took in the Shriner HS all star game on Sat evening & met with the staff and toured the facilities on Sunday.

They are planning to make an official visit in the fall to see a game.

They took in the Shriner HS all star game on Sat evening & met with the staff and toured the facilities on Sunday.

Glad your nephew had a good time. Hope to see him in a Nebraska jersey sometime next year :)

edit: Forgot to mention, best of luck to him in whatever or whoever he chooses. Busy at work but I wanted to post, then after reading it again noticed I left that part out. Sorry Maud, screwed up your quote brother.

Glad your nephew had a good time. Hope to see him in a Nebraska jersey sometime next year :)

Couldn't have said it better. I think Bobby will be blown away by the gameday atmosphere in Lincoln.

Go Big Red

Couldn't have said it better. I think Bobby will be blown away by the gameday atmosphere in Lincoln.

Go Big Red

This young man has a VERY impressive offer list. If he's not the type to be suckered in by glitz and screwy uniforms he will fit NU like a glove.

• 2 weeks later...