WR Bobby Swigert

being reported on ND websites that they did not make his top five. according to them his top five are Michigan, Stanford, Boston College, Pitt & Nebraska (in no particular order).

I am glad we are making an impression with this young man. I would love to see him in Husker Red on game days.

I think his uncle got a warm reception here, so I'm thinking that may have been mentioned to him. I'm sure the kid will get just an idea of how we treat our players just from that, when he see's it first hand he'll never want to even think of another team. He has to follow his heart and go with the team and coaches he feels comfy with, i'm sure he'll like NU alot.

Allow me to share something about Nebraska.

In a recent interview Bobby was quoted as saying:

"I definitely need a lot of people in the stands… a place like Nebraska where people care for their football team like it's life or death if they win or lose.

That's the way my high school is, and that's what I want in a college too."

While walking around Lincoln during our recent visit, we came across a kid with a unique shirt.

on the front it said.

Nebraska Football

"It is not life or death"

on the back it said.

"It's more important than that"

Allow me to share something about Nebraska.

In a recent interview Bobby was quoted as saying:

"I definitely need a lot of people in the stands… a place like Nebraska where people care for their football team like it's life or death if they win or lose.

That's the way my high school is, and that's what I want in a college too."

While walking around Lincoln during our recent visit, we came across a kid with a unique shirt.

on the front it said.

Nebraska Football

"It is not life or death"

on the back it said.

"It's more important than that"

Love it! :lol:

basselope - do you know if Bobby is planning to take an official during a game day? EDIT: If I would only read above - I see the question has already been answered. Nevermind the question. So, I'll just say that I hope he enjoys the next visit even more.

Oh, and as far as having a lot of people in the stands - that is one GUARANTEE I know that can be made at Nebraska. :)

Here you go, from NCAA: http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/2008/Internet/att...BS_CAPACITY.pdf

Wonder if Basselope is still reading this thread, or if he would care to comment. Of course, there's probably only so much he can say without breaking too much news. Sure Bobby wouldn't appreciate his uncle telling too much about where Bobby's first choice would be. Anyway, Basselope, if you are out there still, feel free to join in again, always nice to hear your input.

Wonder if Basselope is still reading this thread, or if he would care to comment. Of course, there's probably only so much he can say without breaking too much news. Sure Bobby wouldn't appreciate his uncle telling too much about where Bobby's first choice would be. Anyway, Basselope, if you are out there still, feel free to join in again, always nice to hear your input.

well think about it. if you were the uncle of an athlete would you let your fav team know if they were currently the top choice of there nephew? how is it breaking rules again. is it the same with the george uko thing?? i do hope his uncle has some good news to tell us though, im sure its what were all waiting for.. wow

gettin this kid, and curtis carter, would make me the happiest man in tennessee at the moment

Hi Guys,

The Scout.com interview mentioned Stanford.

Don't read too much into it thou.

Not sure what the reporter asked or what Bobby said, but I can tell you he has never told me or his parents what his favorite is & we ask him that question 10 times a day.

He is just a 17 year old kid with a hugh decison to make.

I believe he is going to let the recruiting process run it's course, take a few official visits & then decide later in the year.

The official visits will have a big impact on his decision.

This is a now a 4 horse race & Nebraska is still very much a front runner.

Bass