WR Bobby Swigert

Hi Guys,

The Scout.com interview mentioned Stanford.

Don't read too much into it thou.

Not sure what the reporter asked or what Bobby said, but I can tell you he has never told me or his parents what his favorite is & we ask him that question 10 times a day.

He is just a 17 year old kid with a hugh decison to make.

I believe he is going to let the recruiting process run it's course, take a few official visits & then decide later in the year.

The official visits will have a big impact on his decision.

This is a now a 4 horse race & Nebraska is still very much a front runner.

Bass

Thanks Bass, good luck to your nephew on making his decision.

Hi Guys,

Not sure what the reporter asked or what Bobby said, but I can tell you he has never told me or his parents what his favorite is & we ask him that question 10 times a day.

I believe he is going to let the recruiting process run it's course, take a few official visits & then decide later in the year.

Bass

thanks for the update :)

Bass,

As said prior to me, thanks for the information. Please don't feel like you have to offer the info though as i'm sure it's probably spoken a bit in confidence. You can let Bobby know that we here at Huskerboard support whatever decision he makes as long as it's Nebraska haha just kidding my friend. Let him know we speak highly of him and we've accepted his uncle into our fold.

Either way being recruited to play a div 1 sport is a fun time and stressful at the same time. He needs to choose whatever school he feels the most comfortable with, he will spend the next 4-5 years with these players and coaches(possibly of course, never know anymore). If he wants a family atmosphere UNL is the place to be(even if I went to Creighton).

Hi Guys,

Bass

Thanks, Bass. I can't begin to imagine the decisions he has coursing through his mind. Like another poster said, we really do hope he ends up some where he feels comfortable. We'd definitely prefer if he chose our beloved Huskers, but he has to do what's right for him.

PS. I think a game day visit will blow him away. I might be a touch biased, though. :lol:

Sorry, I noticed I said this is a 4 team race and did not even mentioned the 4 horses.

They are in no particular order, Stanford, Michigan, Nebraska & Boston College.

If you have a Scout.com account you can read it in his words at this link.

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/888597.html

I know it is a no-no to paste anything from the article, so for those of you who do not have an account, I will interpret in my own words what he said about Nebraska.

He mentioned:

1. The facilities & compared them to a NFL facility.

2. The people & how friendly everyone is.

3. how important football is & how it reminds him of his high school where they they live and breathe football.

Mods,

I assume the above is OK.

Sorry, I noticed I said this is a 4 team race and did not even mentioned the 4 horses.

I know it is a no-no to paste anything from the article, so for those of you who do not have an account, I will interpret in my own words what he said about Nebraska.

He mentioned:

3. how important football is & how it reminds him of his high school where they they live and breathe football.

Mods,

who is recruiting him for us?

He mentioned:

Mods,

YUP!

irieboy8,

Coach Carl Pelini was original contact & now he & Coach Ted Gilmore are primary Husker contacts.

man eating mastodon,

Not sure yet...

Looking at Sept 26th the 300th straight sell out or perhaps Nov 7th vs Oklahoma.

right on thanks for filling me in......

irieboy8,

Coach Carl Pelini was original contact & now he & Coach Ted Gilmore are primary Husker contacts.

man eating mastodon,

Not sure yet...

Looking at Sept 26th the 300th straight sell out or perhaps Nov 7th vs Oklahoma.

300th Sell Out would give your Nephew a nice look at what the Husker Tradition is all about IMO, but which ever he chooses I am sure he will enjoy.

irieboy8,

man eating mastodon,

Not sure yet...

it would be great if he comes to the 300th sellout.. why does every1 want to visit on our oklahoma game, i personally think we wont do too great, i dont want a recruit seeing us in a bad situation.. i do hope he comes on the first game so he can really see how our fans are,,

irieboy8,

man eating mastodon,

Not sure yet...

it would be great if he comes to the 300th sellout.. why does every1 want to visit on our oklahoma game, i personally think we wont do too great, i dont want a recruit seeing us in a bad situation.. i do hope he comes on the first game so he can really see how our fans are,,

assuming everyone is healthy. we will play them much better this year....

We started off on the wrong foot last year, that is for sure... and momentum was not on our side. If we play them close I guarantee the environment will be much more impressive than the 300 sellout because memorial will be rocking.

BUT. That being said, I think the 300 will be a blast. Bobby will have a great time either way...