WR Bobby Swigert

irieboy8,

Coach Carl Pelini was original contact & now he & Coach Ted Gilmore are primary Husker contacts.

man eating mastodon,

Not sure yet...

Looking at Sept 26th the 300th straight sell out or perhaps Nov 7th vs Oklahoma.

it would be great if he comes to the 300th sellout.. why does every1 want to visit on our oklahoma game, i personally think we wont do too great, i dont want a recruit seeing us in a bad situation.. i do hope he comes on the first game so he can really see how our fans are,,

assuming everyone is healthy. we will play them much better this year....

We started off on the wrong foot last year, that is for sure... and momentum was not on our side. If we play them close I guarantee the environment will be much more impressive than the 300 sellout because memorial will be rocking.

BUT. That being said, I think the 300 will be a blast. Bobby will have a great time either way...

yeah i agree. but OU also has a lot of talent.. i think our d-line will really show out if they go hard. but if they are all healthy it can still mean trouble... i would still rather want a recruit coming to a game that is GUARANTEED to be a helluva game, fan and game atmosphere wise.. you know? i still dont understand how gerald mccoy is ranked higher than Suh, with 39 tackles, against 76???? wtf

maybe we need to start asking kids that end up at other schools why we didn't make the grade? no different than asking a client why he bought from another vendor...you can't be more successful if you don't know what is working for your competitors..

You really think they aren't doing that? You think after a kid give a verbal we just drop everything with them? Come on now, they don't report every word spoken to the media.

maybe we need to start asking kids that end up at other schools why we didn't make the grade? no different than asking a client why he bought from another vendor...you can't be more successful if you don't know what is working for your competitors..

Or maybe, and I'm simply throwing this out there, that:

1. The coaches found something out, cooled on their recruitment and/or told the kid to look elsewhere.

2. Maybe the kid grew up dreaming about playing for school X and when school X offers he jumps on it.

I guess what I'm saying is...let's not always assume that the fault is on our end.

i am not saying the fault is or is not on our end or that we don't follow up with kids when they commit to another team, it takes time and effort to do that and some kids won't give you a straight answer anyway and i would venture to say some coaches don't follow up either, seeing it as a waste of time....but then one has to ask, how are the coaches using their time?

what i am wondering is how the coaches are actively trying to improve recruitment at this stage of the year, because we are obviously wayyyyyyyy behind.

i am a little surprised someone in the media has not brought up this issue of being behind in recruiting, i suppose they will wait until February of '10 to assess the problem, if there is indeed one apparent at that time.

of course by then, it will be after the fact......

i am not saying the fault is or is not on our end or that we don't follow up with kids when they commit to another team, it takes time and effort to do that and some kids won't give you a straight answer anyway and i would venture to say some coaches don't follow up either, seeing it as a waste of time....but then one has to ask, how are the coaches using their time?

what i am wondering is how the coaches are actively trying to improve recruitment at this stage of the year, because we are obviously wayyyyyyyy behind.

i am a little surprised someone in the media has not brought up this issue of being behind in recruiting, i suppose they will wait until February of '10 to assess the problem, if there is indeed one apparent at that time.

Need to get you on the recruiting trail Hunter, you seem to have it all figured out. I wonder why those that actually know what is going with recruiting (coaching staff) haven't got you on the staff yet. Back on topic, any news on Mr. Swigert?

Need to get you on the recruiting trail Hunter, you seem to have it all figured out. I wonder why those that actually know what is going with recruiting (coaching staff) haven't got you on the staff yet. Back on topic, any news on Mr. Swigert?

I don't think he has to have it all figured out to make a legitimate point. We are behind several schools in our own division. There's more than enough time to turn it around in a class with 20 schollies, but a lot of the guys we've offered are on board elsewhere, and almost every day we get news of someone else passing Nebraska over. I hope it gets better, but it isn't looking great right now.

I don't think he has to have it all figured out to make a legitimate point. We are behind several schools in our own division. There's more than enough time to turn it around in a class with 20 schollies, but a lot of the guys we've offered are on board elsewhere, and almost every day we get news of someone else passing Nebraska over. I hope it gets better, but it isn't looking great right now.

My opinion, leave this garbage out of the recruits areas and put it out there under the main recruiting area. This area is for topics related to the recruit and not your opinions regarding the coaches and how they recruit. We do have family members reading this so at least have some common sense here and keep it about the kid in this area, and everything else on the main part of recruiting. :rant

^^^

It's just ratings. They got to start with someone.

I can share that the # 1 rated WR in Ohio (Jerald Robinson) plays is the same league (NBC) as Bobby....

so they have played head to head.

I will not share my opinion as it is strongly biased...

but you can take a look at a forum where the local Ohio fans discuss and compare the 2 kids.

They appear to favor Bobby.....

http://www.yappi.com/forums/showthread.php...ghlight=swigert

Also to see a little of what kind of kid Bobby is, take a look at this post on a ND board from a local Louisville resident.

http://www.goldhelmet.com/showpost.php?p=1...mp;postcount=76

Mods,

If this is not OK to post links to other forums, sorry just delete this.