OT Denton Simek

Another one gone

this is getting old. i wouldn't be surprised to hear a journalist bring up recruiting or lack there of and question the HC. whatever the method of recruiting they are using, it is defintely not working. it is time to get worried, starting now.

:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah

We were in a slight lead, Okie Lite was second. Leach came out of the pack, went into snake-oil mode on the phone, and shmoozed himself a new commit. Facepalm.

Being that we were in the lead this one hurts.

O-lineman we were looking strong with are dropping-off. Hope we're working for some decommits. As easily as Simek was swayed maybe he can be swayed back.

Man.. this came out of nowhere.

He gave the visit to Lincoln a 10/10, and we're arguably in the lead. As mentioned, Texas Tech wasn't even really in the picture for his top 3. The Texas Tech recruiting staff must've really done something....

Whatever, this class will be fine. Just gets annoying when you hear something like this... :bang

We had a small lead on Okie Lite, he had a long talk on the phone with Leach himself. Leach assured him that he'd be there forever and told Simek he was their #1 guy in Texas or Oklahoma. He bit, hard. While it may not be his style I think Bo may need to do more selling and deal-closing

He gave the visit to Lincoln a 10/10, and we're arguably in the lead. As mentioned, Texas Tech wasn't even really in the picture for his top 3. The Texas Tech recruiting staff must've really done something....

Whatever, this class will be fine. Just gets annoying when you hear something like this... :bang

We had a small lead on Okie Lite, he had a long talk on the phone with Leach himself. Leach assured him that he'd be there forever and told Simek he was their #1 guy in Texas or Oklahoma. He bit, hard. While it may not be his style I think Bo may need to do more selling and deal-closing

why all the "i gave it 10/10" or speeches of how amazing and nothing compares to facilities etc... but nobody can seem to close... i think Bo needs to step up

Wait till he visits lubbock and sees that their stadium holds about 20-30 thousand less people and see their facilities equal a texas high school weight room. Hopefully he realizes what he did after that.

Yep, I don't think this one is over yet. Wouldn't be surprised if he switched to us or OSU before signing day.

He spoke with the Avalanche-Journal about his decision, "I really liked it, and I like coach (Mike) Leach a lot. He's a heck of a coach. Their coaching staff is probably one of the top, if not the top, in the nation. I just like everything about Texas Tech."

n/o to him but :koolaid2: there is no way in the world that ttech is one of the top or the top coaching staff in the country

Link

He spoke with the Avalanche-Journal about his decision, "I really liked it, and I like coach (Mike) Leach a lot. He's a heck of a coach. Their coaching staff is probably one of the top, if not the top, in the nation. I just like everything about Texas Tech."

n/o to him but :koolaid2: there is no way in the world that ttech is one of the top or the top coaching staff in the country

No kidding. How a recruit walked away from TTech with that delusion is almost beyond belief. Leach has done a fine job the past couple seasons, but a USC or Florida he is not. Not. Even. Close.

why all the "i gave it 10/10" or speeches of how amazing and nothing compares to facilities etc... but nobody can seem to close... i think Bo needs to step up

I don't think Bo's real big on playing salesman, it's something he needs to get used to.

I don't think Bo's real big on playing salesman, it's something he needs to get used to.

That is funny, I keep hearing that Bo does a great job with the onsite visists where you would think most of the closing occurs. I know he isn't big on the front part of the process, but I keep hearing he does well once he is with the young man. Maybe I am off, I don't know.