OT Denton Simek

• 4 months later...

Has contacted Husker coaches..is getting a visit from Cotton this week..he said he will find out then if he still has a scholarship for him..coaches told him we have 3 spots left in this class...

huh interesting...

do we take him??

with three spots left things are getting tight.........

Has contacted Husker coaches..is getting a visit from Cotton this week..he said he will find out then if he still has a scholarship for him..coaches told him we have 3 spots left in this class...

huh interesting...

do we take him??

with three spots left things are getting tight.........

i realize we don't have room for all of these, but i would welcome another player at the following positions:

LB, S, OL, WR and QB in roughly that order. obviously the order changes based upon individual talent.

We had a small lead on Okie Lite, he had a long talk on the phone with Leach himself. Leach assured him that he'd be there forever and told Simek he was their #1 guy in Texas or Oklahoma. He bit, hard.

Oops. :lol:

This would be a nice pickup for this class. Could always use a guy like that. Hope it works out.

Blew out an ACL earlier this year and ended his senior season...not yet running again.

Has a great looking offer list.

That concerns me. ACL injuries are no joke. Depending on how well rehab is going, I'd be hesitant. Other than that, I'd love to see us pick up another OL player. The more depth we can get, the better I'll feel.

ohh i remember this guy now.... we thought for sure a lock then he had some heart to heart with mike leach and then that was it.... TT from what i rememer wasn't super high on his list until the gret ML spoke to him....... i remember us all being quite bummed...... as for where we go now... i think getting corey cooper is big.... a wide receiver (who i dont know) are essential... a qb i just dont know if it will happen... which i guess i am okay with.. unless brion (whatever his last name is) committs or something like that or Kain colter or who ever......

I don't think OL is a position of need anymore. Some serious heavy hitters in next year's class, plus Yoshi Hardwick as a JUCO, plus all those promising guys redshirting this year...I mean, there's still another top-rate OL we could be getting next year, right?

Yoshi has little to do with the number of freshman OL we take. He'll be counted on the next two seasons while the frosh will be counted on three to five years down the line.

Similarly, I wouldn't count on future classes to make up for a short OL class. You need consistent depth of OL to account for how hard it is to project success for linemen, along with injuries and the fact that they usually need one to three years on campus before they're truly ready to go. We also don't know for certain that we'll have a killer OL class next year, though we do seem to be off to a good start.

I don't think OL is a position of need anymore. Some serious heavy hitters in next year's class, plus Yoshi Hardwick as a JUCO, plus all those promising guys redshirting this year...I mean, there's still another top-rate OL we could be getting next year, right?

IMO you cant have too much depth at QB or OL. If this kid wants a scholarship I think you make room for him.

Yoshi has little to do with the number of freshman OL we take. He'll be counted on the next two seasons while the frosh will be counted on three to five years down the line.

Similarly, I wouldn't count on future classes to make up for a short OL class. You need consistent depth of OL to account for how hard it is to project success for linemen, along with injuries and the fact that they usually need one to three years on campus before they're truly ready to go. We also don't know for certain that we'll have a killer OL class next year, though we do seem to be off to a good start.

Yep, getting another Fr. OL Recruit would not hurt at all. Look at the returning 2-Deep O-Line for the Huskers. NU loses 3 of the 9 players listed in Hickman, Meyer, and Christensen, though they do return 4 starters. However of those 4 returning starters and 2 back ups Smith, Williams, Henry, and DJ Jones will be Seniors, leaves only Marcel Jones and Caputo who will both be Juniors. That means going into 2011, only 2 players from the current 9 on the 2-deep will be on the roster. NU needs to find 7-8 quality players to step up in 2011. Some need to start in 2010 actually. Who ever gets recruited in 2011 won't be big contributors until 2012 at the soonest since MOST O-linemen take a RS year to develop. Even if all 4 of the 2009 recruits pan out to be contributors that makes 8 total for 2011: Caputo, Marcel Jones, Ash, Sirles, Coffey, Qvale, and Hardrick (2010 JUCO). There is also no Center back up in that group. We need another 1 minimum and preferably 2 QUALITY players to fill out a 9-10 man 2-Deep in 2011, 2012 looks better however that transition class of OL decommits in 2008 really hurt the O-Line depth and rotation IMO. It is something that I think Cotton and Bo have done a great job patching up and rebuilding though. Maybe a walk on or 2 develop into good players, someone like Brian Thorson or Seung Hoon Choi, but we still need a couple of players to fill it out.