2011 QB and Cornerback?

Tyler Gabberts highlights were also on that site with Suntrups. I watched both (cause i was kinda bored and wanted to see Tyler since i haven't seen much). Tyler's highlights make you feel pretty good that he's committed us, everything I've heard about him being a "gamer" really shows on those highlights.

But about Suntrup... his line looked pretty bad and he had to rush A LOT of throws it looked like, the good thing is he's still young and has a lot of football left. Obviously the coaching staff sees something they love about him though.

Anyone find out about this CB? The 2011 class seems to be getting a lot of talk early with these two, the reeves (sp?) kid, green, and i think i heard about Jay Moore's cousin or something like that in florida who attended school with Anthony Bell

Not sure who the DB is, but it looks like NU just offered Kyler Reed's younger brother, Dagan Reed class of 2011. Listed as a RB with 4.53 40.

Gnarly!

Okay, I was reserving comment on this kid unless NU offered. Now that it has, I have some concerns. I watched his film. Most of it was against one team, so we can see his performance in that game but that's it? IMO, his O line did him no favors because he was scrambling way too much. But his throwing motion looked awkward ala shot-putting too much.....like Keller.

He can scramble in the backfield, but there is very little video of him tucking and running. Is he more of a pocket passer?

I'm not necessarily down on this offer and accede that the coaches know way more than me after seeing Christian up close. I just wish I could see more than one game of this young man.

I didn't see any shot putting movements in his delivery and it definitely didn't resemble anything like Keller's. Thank god!! He seemed to keep the ball high to the ear and his delivery came over the top in every throw I saw in the video. Nothing that looked to require any major changes in mechanics as far as I could see.

You did correctly point out the lack of time thanks to the line, which was pretty horrible. Maybe they were trying to open up for some screen plays or something. Who knows!! Receivers weren't all that great either. I counted quite a few dropped balls. Anyways, I thought he looked decent and he still has plenty of time to develop. Would be a nice addition and hopefully we'll see and hear more about him.

I agree with the "wounded duck" comment about Suntrup. I didn't see one ball thrown that looked like it had speed on it. I know he has time to develop but he has to stop throwing hand grenades. It looks like if he works out arm strength he could be a pretty good QB. If he keeps throwing the way he did in the video then when he gets to college he'll get picked off a lot. As a former safety I can tell you that I loved playing against QB's that threw like that. I didn't have to work as hard to get under the ball or to time my hits. If he is going to throw "west coast style" then he needs to put a lot of zip on the ball. Tyler Gabbert has a west coast arm so just compare the two. Maybe NU wants Suntrup more as an athlete than a QB because he does have scrambling abilities. I am in no way doubting Suntrip'a ability to be a QB at the College level. I am limited to the same observations as most people, which is very limited. Maybe the highlight film is just not a fair showcase of his talents. He must have something in order to catch the recruiting eye. :dunno

I think you also have to consider that not only was it his sophmore year, but it was also last fall. If he attended camps and they thought he was worth an early offer then maybe he has spent some time working on his form and possibly gained some more strength since then.

Tyler Gabberts highlights were also on that site with Suntrups. I watched both (cause i was kinda bored and wanted to see Tyler since i haven't seen much). Tyler's highlights make you feel pretty good that he's committed us, everything I've heard about him being a "gamer" really shows on those highlights.

But about Suntrup... his line looked pretty bad and he had to rush A LOT of throws it looked like, the good thing is he's still young and has a lot of football left. Obviously the coaching staff sees something they love about him though.

Anyone find out about this CB? The 2011 class seems to be getting a lot of talk early with these two, the reeves (sp?) kid, green, and i think i heard about Jay Moore's cousin or something like that in florida who attended school with Anthony Bell

Not sure who the DB is, but it looks like NU just offered Kyler Reed's younger brother, Dagan Reed class of 2011. Listed as a RB with 4.53 40.

Dagan Reed is an athletic freak. So does this mean Aaron Green isn't the only RB we are going after?

Dagan Reed is an athletic freak. So does this mean Aaron Green isn't the only RB we are going after?

Unless we get lucky, we are probably not taking a RB in this class. So of course we will take multiple RB's in 2011.

Unless we get lucky, we are probably not taking a RB in this class. So of course we will take multiple RB's in 2011.

if dagan reed is such a freek would they move him to another position?

I watched the "long throw" video and has previously been stated by others: 1) his longer throws tended to be wobbly and 2) his WR's dropped passes that were right on the money.

One other thing I noticed was he seems to "lock onto" his primary target...it didn't appear, at least to me, that he did any type of reads.

Now as others have stated this is film from his sophomore year so he should definitely get better; especially if he gets some quality coaching and spend his summers the next two years going to various camps around the country.

(Obviously Bo and Wats see enough potential in this kid to give him an offer.)

I watched the "long throw" video and has previously been stated by others: 1) his longer throws tended to be wobbly and 2) his WR's dropped passes that were right on the money.

One other thing I noticed was he seems to "lock onto" his primary target...it didn't appear, at least to me, that he did any type of reads.

Now as others have stated this is film from his sophomore year so he should definitely get better; especially if he gets some quality coaching and spend his summers the next two years going to various camps around the country.

I agree with you, but to be fair, I don't think this kid has time to make reads, his line sucks.

I agree with you, but to be fair, I don't think this kid has time to make reads, his line sucks.

Yep.