WR James Wright

Player: James Wright

Hometown: Belle Chasse, LA

Position: WR

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 180 lbs.

40 time: 4.5

Visit Date:

Scholarships: Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Louisiana Tech, Louisiana-Monroe, LSU, Minnesota, Nebraska, Northwestern, Stanford, TCU, Tennessee, Texas Tech, Tulsa, UCF, Utah, Virginia

Favorites: Alabama, LSU, Tennessee, Texas Tech

COMMITTED TO LSU

Rivals: :star:star:star:star

Scout: :star:star:star :star

• 1 month later...

At the beginning of the year I thought we would have to take 3 WR too. However, since the spring and now fall camp it appears we have quite a few good young guys coming up. Osborne was singled out by Gilmore the other day as having a good camp, he's a frosh. Mendoza is a soph., Bell's a frosh, Kinnie's a soph., Marlowe's a frosh, Cooper's a frosh, Gillyean's a soph. That's four pretty decent freshmen and three blazing sophmores. I think we are looking pretty good at wr especially if we are going to utilize a fullback more often.

Not getting my hopes up for this guy, he's got a real impressive set of offers.

I think 1 WR from Louisiana should be enough for this class.....

Seriously? That sounds a bit shortsided (and that's being nice) to me.

At the beginning of the year I thought we would have to take 3 WR too. However, since the spring and now fall camp it appears we have quite a few good young guys coming up. Osborne was singled out by Gilmore the other day as having a good camp, he's a frosh. Mendoza is a soph., Bell's a frosh, Kinnie's a soph., Marlowe's a frosh, Cooper's a frosh, Gillyean's a soph. That's four pretty decent freshmen and three blazing sophmores. I think we are looking pretty good at wr especially if we are going to utilize a fullback more often.

I could be off, but I think HuskerRob is saying that getting Carter from LA should be considered a good effort in LA this year. Anything more than that would be gravy. I don't think he means 1 WR in the entire class.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For those waiting with baited breath to see where Belle Chasse star wide receiver James Wright will attend college, they will have to wait a bit longer.

The blue-chip receiver will not make a decision on where he will attend college until National Recruiting Signing Day on Wednesday, February 3. The only remaining trip he has scheduled is to LSU this weekend (Jan. 22-23).

The 6’2, 185 pound Wright is considering LSU, Alabama, Tennessee and Texas Tech. Both Tennessee and Texas Tech recently changed coaches, leaving many to believe that it may come down to LSU and Alabama. Les Miles and his staff will have the final chance at a lasting impression when he visits the Baton Rouge campus on the final weekend of the month.

Shame they didn't show up this year.