Big 12 -- The two conferences should be seeded

It's up to the teams in the north to get better and start beating the south teams. Artificially rigging the conference play to try and make the north look better just isn't right.

If the Huskers improve over the next two years to where you all expect them to be, and either OU or UT regress to where they were in the 90s the two divisions are already pretty even. If NU is the class of the north, don't tell me that Missouri, Colorado, or Kansas don't have the potential of being as good as TT or OSU (who I would consider to be second tier in the south). Would you have asked for a realignment on a yearly basis back in the 90s when OU lost to Tulsa, and Texas were happy to win 8 games? Probably not. There is parity in college football and the dominance of the south will most likely end as NU starts showing muscle again. I just don't buy into the "all the money goes to UT" argument. Money does not guarantee success. Notre Dame should be a great example of that....

well, nobody accused the domers of being smart, when it comes to hiring coaches....but they do have a lot, lucrative TV contracts, etc...NU, CU and KU have a chance to become better and they will in time..at least good enough to make Texas and OU play harder to beat them.

It's up to the teams in the north to get better and start beating the south teams. Artificially rigging the conference play to try and make the north look better just isn't right.

For once, I agree with Jen. Think back to when this conference first started and everyone was worried about the North with Nebraska, Colorado, the up and coming K-State squad, and Kansas team that had finished 9th the previous year (in fact, all 4 teams finished in the top 10) being too dominant. Oklahoma was garbage, Texas wasn't great, Baylor, Texas Tech, and Okie State were nothing like they are now yet, leaving A & M as the standard-bearer! Things change, they're cyclical, it makes things fun (as long as the Huskers stay on top).

I don't like seeing two teams that played each other during the regular season, have to play each other again in the Big 12 Conference Championship. All that does is let one of the other schools in the BCS jump over one or both teams from the Big 12, if the winning school from the first meeting loses, the rematch. It is only about the money I know, but the conference loses a lot more, if both schools end up out of a BCS Bowl game. You have a 12-0 team and an 11-1 team from the big twelve, and the lone loss coming from a north/south regular season match up, you will probably have two teams in a BCS Bowl game, if they don't have to play that championship game. I don't think the Big 12 championship game pays 24 to 28 mil to the conference. Like two BCS bowls would. But maybe it does, never seen any thing on how much that game is worth to the conference, other than exposure. JMO.

GBR!!!

I don't like seeing two teams that played each other during the regular season, have to play each other again in the Big 12 Conference Championship. All that does is let one of the other schools in the BCS jump over one or both teams from the Big 12, if the winning school from the first meeting loses, the rematch. It is only about the money I know, but the conference loses a lot more, if both schools end up out of a BCS Bowl game. You have a 12-0 team and an 11-1 team from the big twelve, and the lone loss coming from a north/south regular season match up, you will probably have two teams in a BCS Bowl game, if they don't have to play that championship game. I don't think the Big 12 championship game pays 24 to 28 mil to the conference. Like two BCS bowls would. But maybe it does, never seen any thing on how much that game is worth to the conference, other than exposure. JMO.

GBR!!!

Can't - Big 12 is guaranteed a BCS bowl slot.

IIRC, something like a 12 or 15 ranked ACC team got into the BCS a couple of years ago, and 3 higher ranked mid-majors were fighting for 1or 2 slots?

GBR!!!

Can't Big 12 is guaranteed a BCS bowl slot.

IIRC, something like a 12 or 15 ranked ACC team got into the BCS a couple of years ago, and 3 higher ranked mid-majors were fighting for 1or 2 slots?

Thanks, forgot that.

GBR!!!