Urine bombs from CU fans.

Sooner or later some of you need to learn how to take a joke or get a sense of humor. It never fails that 2 or 3 of you feel the need to attack and defend to the death at the very mention of something against your team.

I wasnt even trying to talk smack or make fun, I was just playing around. TAKE A FREAKIN CHILL PILL. All you do is come off like a jackass when you act that way. You do a pretty darn good job of making me wonder why in the hell I even bother....

oh and knapple, if :lol: isnt painfully obvious, then you are too clueless to even help.....ever

So you go to someone's house and crack on their wife and you don't expect them to respond? Really?

Grow up, learn some manners, and learn to take constructive criticism. You're not impervious to correction, fro.

And if our little conversation is so "over the top" that you're thinking about leaving, you'd better never, ever spend time on a Missouri Fan Site.

Point is, i didnt crack on your wife. I didnt even crack on your football team.

I am grown, and there was nothing in your little rant that was constructive. If I am wrong correct me by all means, but nothing I said was untrue, nor was it directed at you. It was an open comment made in fun, and for that matter, true. There were/are NE fans who started running their mouths on my way out of the staduim right after MU had run over NE. But nowhere in that statement did I mention "your" team was running their mouths nor that you were one of them.

I am not thinking about leaving, I am questioning why I even bother to joke or play around with members on the board. Why bother having fun and laughing with others, when crap like this keeps popping up. Over reacting about nothing

And I know, why go to Tiger board, aon the football board all the Husker fan trools and post flammers show up. On the Basketball board its all the KU fans. There is no conversation that is worth while. There are as many NU/KU flammers as MU, make that place a waste.

Dont worry about hurting my feelings, I grew up a MU/Chiefs/Royals fan, you could never hurt me as bad as they have...

I still think it's comical that we Nebraska fans are the self proclaimed best fans. When NU fans do something considered bad, we call it alleged or not indicative of the fan base. When another team's fans do it, it represents the entire fan base. I think this is kind of how this entire thread started. Whether or not NU fans or CU fans threw the first urine bombs is somewhat secondary. I know for fact that NU fans responded by throwing urine of their own. I don't know who actually had the first fan base that did it. I only know that Nebraska did it in 1994.

I am grown, and there was nothing in your little rant that was constructive. If I am wrong correct me by all means, but nothing I said was untrue, nor was it directed at you. It was an open comment made in fun, and for that matter, true. There were/are NE fans who started running their mouths on my way out of the staduim right after MU had run over NE. But nowhere in that statement did I mention "your" team was running their mouths nor that you were one of them.

I am not thinking about leaving, I am questioning why I even bother to joke or play around with members on the board. Why bother having fun and laughing with others, when crap like this keeps popping up. Over reacting about nothing

And I know, why go to Tiger board, aon the football board all the Husker fan trools and post flammers show up. On the Basketball board its all the KU fans. There is no conversation that is worth while. There are as many NU/KU flammers as MU, make that place a waste.

Dont worry about hurting my feelings, I grew up a MU/Chiefs/Royals fan, you could never hurt me as bad as they have...

You did direct this at me, though. You did crack on my football team.

OH knapplc, You know that a loss doesnt shut you guys up for long :lol: Just look at how much smack some NE fans have been talking since before the end of last season and that was coming off two games where the combined score was like 93-23. :laughpound<----cracking on my team

I have said it before, but i enjoy coming here because there is good football talk and some good natured ribbing. BUt another reason is I get to interact with NE fans that are not too over the top. This board has helped to keep me from becoming so hate filled like another un-named MU fan.... LOL

Note the use of my nym, and the pronouns that identify me. I don't think that's all that unclear.

Pointing out the scores of those games, "laughing" about them, is cracking on my team.

I question why you bother to "joke" as well. You're apparently not very good at it, or at least this wasn't one of your best efforts.

I've enjoyed your posts about 99% of the time here. You have good knowledge and you're not (typically) disrespectful. This really caught me the wrong way, intended or not.

I'm willing to chalk this up to a misunderstanding. I'll take you at your word that you were joking, and that I took it the wrong way. To help clods like me in the future, if you could be maybe a little more obvious about your jokes, that would probably stop this kind of thing, at least on my end.

Cheers.

You did direct this at me, though. You did crack on my football team.

OH knapplc, You know that a loss doesnt shut you guys up for long :lol: Just look at how much smack some NE fans have been talking since before the end of last season and that was coming off two games where the combined score was like 93-23. :laughpound<----cracking on my team

I have said it before, but i enjoy coming here because there is good football talk and some good natured ribbing. BUt another reason is I get to interact with NE fans that are not too over the top. This board has helped to keep me from becoming so hate filled like another un-named MU fan.... LOL

Note the use of my nym, and the pronouns that identify me. I don't think that's all that unclear.

Pointing out the scores of those games, "laughing" about them, is cracking on my team.

I question why you bother to "joke" as well. You're apparently not very good at it, or at least this wasn't one of your best efforts.

I've enjoyed your posts about 99% of the time here. You have good knowledge and you're not (typically) disrespectful. This really caught me the wrong way, intended or not.

I'm willing to chalk this up to a misunderstanding. I'll take you at your word that you were joking, and that I took it the wrong way. To help clods like me in the future, if you could be maybe a little more obvious about your jokes, that would probably stop this kind of thing, at least on my end.

Cheers.

No harm, no foul. It wasnt intended to create a stir. I will buy you a virtual beer. Cheers knappcl :cheers

I still think it's comical that we Nebraska fans are the self proclaimed best fans. When NU fans do something considered bad, we call it alleged or not indicative of the fan base. When another team's fans do it, it represents the entire fan base. I think this is kind of how this entire thread started. Whether or not NU fans or CU fans threw the first urine bombs is somewhat secondary. I know for fact that NU fans responded by throwing urine of their own. I don't know who actually had the first fan base that did it. I only know that Nebraska did it in 1994.

Not nearly as comical as you continuing to throw the entire fan base under the bus because some idiot once threw a cup of urine in our stadium. It's hilarious how many times I have personally told you that the actions of these few individuals do not represent anything the fan base as a whole believes in, yet you continue to act as if the actions of these people negate the positives of the vast majority of fans.

It is a given that every group has misfits. What you fail to realize is that Nebraska's fan base is recognized around the country by people completely unassociated with us for our good sportsmanship.

You can continue tilting at windmills all you want. Those of us who live in reality know two things - A ) every fan base contains people who do foolish things and B ) Nebraska has less of them than most.

Not nearly as comical as you continuing to throw the entire fan base under the bus because some idiot once threw a cup of urine in our stadium. It's hilarious how many times I have personally told you that the actions of these few individuals do not represent anything the fan base as a whole believes in, yet you continue to act as if the actions of these people negate the positives of the vast majority of fans.

It is a given that every group has misfits. What you fail to realize is that Nebraska's fan base is recognized around the country by people completely unassociated with us for our good sportsmanship.

You can continue tilting at windmills all you want. Those of us who live in reality know two things - A ) every fan base contains people who do foolish things and B ) Nebraska has less of them than most.

No sir. You consider an entire fan base upon a few individuals. I believe it was you who also said the Sal is dead thing never happened. Then, you went on to say alleged like it probably didn't happen. Then after seeing how you're totally wrong, say well you can't base a fan base from one or two individual acts. Just like in the past husker legal problems. You claim it either didn't happen, or was just one or two when several posters showed how you were wrong. Then, you counter by saying well every team has their misfortunes and you claim to just remember the good. I think that is the problem. Some of us see Nebraska and our team for what we really are. In most cases, we're not much different than a lot of other teams out there. We have our good fans, we have our bad fans, and everything else that most other teams have. Percentage of following within the state is probably where we rank #1 as NU football is about all there is. The realists see this team for what it is, and we still love them.

I don't tilt windmills. I guess it's all a matter of opinion whether we have less than most. Ask CU fans if we have less than most. Ask Mizzou fans. Ask KState fans. I never have thrown the entire NU fan base under the bus. Yet, I have never denied something happened like you and have other posters come on and say yeah I saw the sign. Yeah, it happened. This however has happened to you. Nebraska is no better, yet we're no worse than other fan bases out there. We storm the field after big games just like other fan bases. We've been known to tear down the goal posts a time or two. There was vandalism in Omaha after we won the NC in 94'. These things are all typical of fan bases around the country. Some people just don't like to accept the fact that we're a pretty normal fan base. We're not something extra special. NU fans may know a little more about our team than other fan bases know about theirs, but again its because its all we have.

I love Nebraska. I live here. I'm an alumn of UNL. Am I a better fan than my cousin who lives in Kansas City that's a KU fan? No. We're both proud of our teams. We want to see them win. We don't get into a pi$$ing contest with one another because of how our teams have or have not competed over the years. Fro Daddy is right. When someone does come on here and brings up an unpleasant topic, there are a couple that try to defend Nebraska to the death it seems. Nebraska football has had its ups and downs. We're normal. We have some flaws just like every other team out there. We have won 5 NC's. Notre Dame's won 12, well over twice as many as us. Does this give them the right to bring up unpleasant issues? How about our main rival Oklahoma? They've won 7 NC's. Do they have the right? In the past 7 years, I think Missouri has more than earned the right to talk football. Does Nebraska have a good fan base? Yes we do. Does Missouri have a good fan base. I'm sure they do. Have each fan base done things they're not necessarily proud of? I'm sure they have!

Then kindly explain why people across the country, media and other fans, continually express that Nebraska fans are different than others they encounter across the country. Explain why Lee Corso (who is otherwise a buffoon, granted) acknowledges that we are different. Kindly explain why you never hear other fan bases across the country talked about the same way you hear ours discussed.

The Sal is Dead sign and the urine bombs ARE alleged. I work in a world of legal evidence. Such anecdotal allegations are baseless unless proven. You, however, revel in the fact that these things did happen, and you continually bring up such "issues" as fact. They are not fact because you allege them. I'm willing to not call you or other people liars to their face, which is why I've hedged by saying "alleged," but the bottom line is, prove it or it didn't happen.

Further, even if both incidents did happen, they are by necessity done by a VAST MINORITY of fans. The Sal is Dead sign, if true, was done by one guy. Maybe one carload of guys. Five people do not negate the literally millions of fans who abhor that kind of behavior. But to you they do.

Missouri's state penitentiary has a Death Row full of murderers and rapists. Some of those folks are Missouri Tigers fans. By your logic, Missouri Tigers fans are murderers and rapists. Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

Nobody is denying that we're a normal fan base. What I'm sick of is seeing people like you who claim to be Husker Fans continually bringing up the fact that we have issues, as if without you we'd have no idea that we've had some pretty unsavory guys on our team or some pretty unsavory fans in our stadium. Here's a clue for you - WE ALL KNOW THAT.

You go find a forum for any team in the nation where their fans continually talk about the arrests of their players, or the boorishness of their fans, and then you can come back and deride us for supporting our team the way we do. When you can't find anything remotely like that, maybe you'll learn that the kind of acknowledgment you seem to be looking for is ridiculous.

I'm thinking of getting a T-shirt made:

National Championships

Nebraska - 27

5 football, 3 volleyball

Kansas - 11

3 men's basketball

Missouri - 2

1 baseball

Kansas State

Still waiting

Fixed. Imaginary titles don't count.

Well if that's true - NOBODY has ANY football titles - MNC and all

After reading this thread, I've figured something out.

I'm going to preface this so too many people go bonkers about comparing franchises and so on, this is simply a metaphor, I say again, simply a metaphor.

The Husker/OU rivalry is like the Yankee's & Red Sox. Both have an immense dislike for each other, both are storied franchises, and both have had their share of great players.

The Buffs are like the NY Mets. They think that they're the Yankee's rivals when they're really not. They're the "red headed step child" that is clamoring for attention. The Mets fan despises that Yankee's tradition.

What's "baseball"?

Helps me kill about 5 months until the Huskers start playing...

Then kindly explain why people across the country, media and other fans, continually express that Nebraska fans are different than others they encounter across the country. Explain why Lee Corso (who is otherwise a buffoon, granted) acknowledges that we are different. Kindly explain why you never hear other fan bases across the country talked about the same way you hear ours discussed.

The Sal is Dead sign and the urine bombs ARE alleged. I work in a world of legal evidence. Such anecdotal allegations are baseless unless proven. You, however, revel in the fact that these things did happen, and you continually bring up such "issues" as fact. They are not fact because you allege them. I'm willing to not call you or other people liars to their face, which is why I've hedged by saying "alleged," but the bottom line is, prove it or it didn't happen.

Further, even if both incidents did happen, they are by necessity done by a VAST MINORITY of fans. The Sal is Dead sign, if true, was done by one guy. Maybe one carload of guys. Five people do not negate the literally millions of fans who abhor that kind of behavior. But to you they do.

Missouri's state penitentiary has a Death Row full of murderers and rapists. Some of those folks are Missouri Tigers fans. By your logic, Missouri Tigers fans are murderers and rapists. Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

Nobody is denying that we're a normal fan base. What I'm sick of is seeing people like you who claim to be Husker Fans continually bringing up the fact that we have issues, as if without you we'd have no idea that we've had some pretty unsavory guys on our team or some pretty unsavory fans in our stadium. Here's a clue for you - WE ALL KNOW THAT.

You go find a forum for any team in the nation where their fans continually talk about the arrests of their players, or the boorishness of their fans, and then you can come back and deride us for supporting our team the way we do. When you can't find anything remotely like that, maybe you'll learn that the kind of acknowledgment you seem to be looking for is ridiculous.

Oh it be true, I seen it with my own peepers as did my wife. Granted this does not in any way reflect on the fan base as a whole. What it does do is tarnish a widely held perception on NU fans. I'm quite sure that Nebraska and Colorado residents aren't the only ones that use Interstate 80. Be rest assured though that any "Adults" who viewed that sign that have any semblance of common sense know full well that it was probably just a bunch of A-holes or juvenile delinquents that put that sign up.

Oh it be true, I seen it with my own peepers as did my wife. Granted this does not in any way reflect on the fan base as a whole. What it does do is tarnish a widely held perception on NU fans. I'm quite sure that Nebraska and Colorado residents aren't the only ones that use Interstate 80. Be rest assured though that any "Adults" who viewed that sign that have any semblance of common sense know full well that it was probably just a bunch of A-holes or juvenile delinquents that put that sign up.

Got a link to a news article about the "incident?"

And why does this one incident tarnish all Husker fans? Are we all supposed to be good little boys and girls who never utter a cross word? We don't make mistakes? We're not human?

Do the actions of a very tiny percentage of people, who do things the vast majority think are horrible, provide a true representation of Husker fans?

If so, does that mean that we're a bunch of murderers? Robbers? Rapists? Because I can guarantee you I can go down to 14th & Highway 2 and find a bunch of Husker fans in the state prison.

Who best represents Husker fans? The majority or the minority?

Got a link to a news article about the "incident?"

And why does this one incident tarnish all Husker fans? Are we all supposed to be good little boys and girls who never utter a cross word? We don't make mistakes? We're not human?

Do the actions of a very tiny percentage of people, who do things the vast majority think are horrible, provide a true representation of Husker fans?

If so, does that mean that we're a bunch of murderers? Robbers? Rapists? Because I can guarantee you I can go down to 14th & Highway 2 and find a bunch of Husker fans in the state prison.

Who best represents Husker fans? The majority or the minority?

Link?? Why would I make something like that up? As I stated before, adults with common sense know that the minority does not constitute the actions of the majority.

National pundits already laud the Husker fan base as being respectful and courteous as well as very well versed and knowledgeable about CFB. Anyone with an average IQ knows that the actions or words of a minority does not inflect on the mindset of the majority.

I think that associating rapists and murderers to a particular fan base as an example is painting with HUGE brush strokes. In a modern society the dregs of said society do not represent the majority. When making comparisons and enfolding such wide parameters of thinking I believe that you muddy the waters considerably.

Anywho, I agree with some of your thinking, but lets not get goofy here. :dumdum