Urine bombs from CU fans.

I am not sure how you think I contradicted myself, you are my rival but I do not need you to say that I am yours for me to enjoy it further, but it is funny to read you all debate the issue among yourselves and the ones that deny it are the ones that probably come up with some of the funnier pics and comments the week of..............

Eh. It's probably not a very profound point I'm making about the "contradiction." No matter.

Those who deny that there's a rivalry are similar to people who deny the sun rises in the west. If you told someone the sun rises in the west, they'd tell you you're wrong. If you say it again, they'll tell you you're wrong again. Lather, rinse, repeat. That's what Husker fans are doing - there is no rivalry, and we say so whenever Buffs fans bring it up. But every time we deny it, Buffs fans take that as fuel for their argument. It's baffling.

Let me throw this out you, just a theory, do you think that some NU people at this point rather expect for CU fans to be vulgar and do things like throw urine bombs and when they don't they are somewhat dissapointed and perhaps CU fans have come to expect for NU fans to dismiss the rivalry notion and if a NU fan accepts it then they too are rather dissapointed? Do we not both have pre-conceived notions on what we expect and we hope that they sort of live up to those expectations? Now I am not suggesting that you go to a game in Boulder and hope that you get urine thrown on you, but do some Huskers go there and look for things to report on? The only reason I bring this up is because I have been amazed over the years at how many people have been victimized over the urine bombs...........

I think throwing urine is an extreme example and not indicative of the CU fan base as a whole. I think that if it did happen (again, I've seen no evidence of this from the CU side, either), it was some drunken fool having a mental moment. I think there is a fair percentage of people in Boulder who like to get rowdy at games, and I think there is a fair percentage for whom throwing snowballs is not a problem. But going beyond that kind of thing is rare and not indicative of the fan base as a whole. It's too easy to stereotype a whole fan base off the actions of a few.

Now, CU has earned some pretty poor opinions across the Big XII for their behavior, let's not pretend. Nebraska fans have long been a target, but the laser incident with OSU's QB is an example of other incidents against other teams.

So do Husker fans expect CU fans to be vulgar/poorly behaved? Yes, but those are well earned expectations.

And no, Husker fans don't go to Boulder hoping to be someone's target so they can run home and talk about it to their friends.

The urine bomb thing happened. I was there sitting in the student section. Yes, they were NU students doing it. I'm pretty sure I put forth more reasons than the only D1 school in the state. Wyoming only has 1 D1 football program, and they don't have the following. They have mountains, hunting, skiing, recreation, etc. We don't. It seems to me that you're the one pretending. You pretend none of the bad things ever happened. It must be fun living in your world. Unfortunately, it must be very lonely and very DARK!

Yeah, just me and the other roughly one million fans who think like me. So lonely. :laughpound

It truelly must be fun pretending. I'll have to try it sometime.

The urine bomb thing happened. I was there sitting in the student section. Yes, they were NU students doing it. I'm pretty sure I put forth more reasons than the only D1 school in the state. Wyoming only has 1 D1 football program, and they don't have the following. They have mountains, hunting, skiing, recreation, etc. We don't. It seems to me that you're the one pretending. You pretend none of the bad things ever happened. It must be fun living in your world. Unfortunately, it must be very lonely and very DARK!

Yeah, just me and the other roughly one million fans who think like me. So lonely. :laughpound

Riiiight. Because, like you, most fans think Husker fans should be judged by the lowest common denominator. Right. :thumbs

Beach Buff,

Funny story. I went to Boulder for the first time a few years ago. All the way to the stadium I was thinking that I might get some rotten treatment, because that was all I was hearing from people.

I would say, I am going to Boulder and they would say....look out, they treat NU fans like dirt.

Got to say though, I had a great time. No one gave me any grief, outside of the good natured ribbing....God, that red shirt is ugly....kind of thing. But they said it with a smile and everyone laughed. That was before the game.

Nebraska won going away, 30-3. You might remember that the CU students threw some bottles and had a "Riot" outside the stadium. Well, after the game a few CU fans told me that they were going to stay for a while and let the traffic die down a bit. We visited. They told me that they thought my team played a good game. When we all got ready to leave, they told me to have a safe trip home.

I would go again for sure.

And for all the NU fans who say nothing happens in Lincoln. I was there when we played KSU and you could hear people yelling at the QB....a Nebraska kid that was playing in Manhattan, about how he F'N sucked and was no good. Same for Gabbert. Then there was the guy that flew the bird at some busses pulling up to South Stadium and said....Gee, I hope that was the USC team.

These things happen.

By and large, Nebraska fans are very welcoming and friendly. I try to be. There are jerks though. By the same token, I think a lot of CU fans get a bad rep from a few jackasses.

Lastly, I have already made the case for CU and NU as rivals on this site and I think it does exsist, but lets get real, fans are looking for their team to have a good season, not a good game against just one team.

Point is, i didnt crack on your wife. I didnt even crack on your football team.

I am grown, and there was nothing in your little rant that was constructive. If I am wrong correct me by all means, but nothing I said was untrue, nor was it directed at you. It was an open comment made in fun, and for that matter, true. There were/are NE fans who started running their mouths on my way out of the staduim right after MU had run over NE. But nowhere in that statement did I mention "your" team was running their mouths nor that you were one of them.

I am not thinking about leaving, I am questioning why I even bother to joke or play around with members on the board. Why bother having fun and laughing with others, when crap like this keeps popping up. Over reacting about nothing

And I know, why go to Tiger board, aon the football board all the Husker fan trools and post flammers show up. On the Basketball board its all the KU fans. There is no conversation that is worth while. There are as many NU/KU flammers as MU, make that place a waste.

Dont worry about hurting my feelings, I grew up a MU/Chiefs/Royals fan, you could never hurt me as bad as they have...

You did direct this at me, though. You did crack on my football team.

OH knapplc, You know that a loss doesnt shut you guys up for long :lol: Just look at how much smack some NE fans have been talking since before the end of last season and that was coming off two games where the combined score was like 93-23. :laughpound<----cracking on my team

I have said it before, but i enjoy coming here because there is good football talk and some good natured ribbing. BUt another reason is I get to interact with NE fans that are not too over the top. This board has helped to keep me from becoming so hate filled like another un-named MU fan.... LOL

Note the use of my nym, and the pronouns that identify me. I don't think that's all that unclear.

Pointing out the scores of those games, "laughing" about them, is cracking on my team.

I question why you bother to "joke" as well. You're apparently not very good at it, or at least this wasn't one of your best efforts.

I've enjoyed your posts about 99% of the time here. You have good knowledge and you're not (typically) disrespectful. This really caught me the wrong way, intended or not.

I'm willing to chalk this up to a misunderstanding. I'll take you at your word that you were joking, and that I took it the wrong way. To help clods like me in the future, if you could be maybe a little more obvious about your jokes, that would probably stop this kind of thing, at least on my end.

Cheers.

I'm thinking of getting a T-shirt made:

National Championships

Nebraska - 27

5 football, 3 volleyball

Kansas - 13

5 men's basketball

Missouri - 2

1 baseball

Kansas State

Still waiting

I Hope this means we're able to "crack on" each other again!

prove it or it didn't happen.
Seriously?...So a tree falling in the woods without witness does NOT make a sound?

Now, I'm gonna be up all night wonderin' if the light goes out in the fridge after I close the door. <_<

And all these years...I never knew what the signifigance of tipping over windmills was...now COWS..I get.

I wish our Colorado brotheren could experience what being a Nebraska fan is like.......I know they would hate themselves as much as we do!

I tried once, I was really drunk and saw a sheep in the field and since I was feeling a little amorous I tried to get it on with the sheep but it was to no avail, so how do you get the sheep to cooperate? :)

<_<

Still going with that story about "Just helping that ewe get through the barbed-wire fence", I see

Point is, i didnt crack on your wife. I didnt even crack on your football team.

I am grown, and there was nothing in your little rant that was constructive. If I am wrong correct me by all means, but nothing I said was untrue, nor was it directed at you. It was an open comment made in fun, and for that matter, true. There were/are NE fans who started running their mouths on my way out of the staduim right after MU had run over NE. But nowhere in that statement did I mention "your" team was running their mouths nor that you were one of them.

I am not thinking about leaving, I am questioning why I even bother to joke or play around with members on the board. Why bother having fun and laughing with others, when crap like this keeps popping up. Over reacting about nothing

And I know, why go to Tiger board, aon the football board all the Husker fan trools and post flammers show up. On the Basketball board its all the KU fans. There is no conversation that is worth while. There are as many NU/KU flammers as MU, make that place a waste.

Dont worry about hurting my feelings, I grew up a MU/Chiefs/Royals fan, you could never hurt me as bad as they have...

You did direct this at me, though. You did crack on my football team.

OH knapplc, You know that a loss doesnt shut you guys up for long :lol: Just look at how much smack some NE fans have been talking since before the end of last season and that was coming off two games where the combined score was like 93-23. :laughpound<----cracking on my team

I have said it before, but i enjoy coming here because there is good football talk and some good natured ribbing. BUt another reason is I get to interact with NE fans that are not too over the top. This board has helped to keep me from becoming so hate filled like another un-named MU fan.... LOL

Note the use of my nym, and the pronouns that identify me. I don't think that's all that unclear.

Pointing out the scores of those games, "laughing" about them, is cracking on my team.

I question why you bother to "joke" as well. You're apparently not very good at it, or at least this wasn't one of your best efforts.

I've enjoyed your posts about 99% of the time here. You have good knowledge and you're not (typically) disrespectful. This really caught me the wrong way, intended or not.

I'm willing to chalk this up to a misunderstanding. I'll take you at your word that you were joking, and that I took it the wrong way. To help clods like me in the future, if you could be maybe a little more obvious about your jokes, that would probably stop this kind of thing, at least on my end.

Cheers.

I'm thinking of getting a T-shirt made:

National Championships

Nebraska - 27

5 football, 3 volleyball

Kansas - 13

5 men's basketball

Missouri - 2

1 baseball

Kansas State

Still waiting

I Hope this means we're able to "crack on" each other again!

What is your point? :moreinteresting

prove it or it didn't happen.
Seriously?...So a tree falling in the woods without witness does NOT make a sound?

Now, I'm gonna be up all night wonderin' if the light goes out in the fridge after I close the door. <_<

And all these years...I never knew what the signifigance of tipping over windmills was...now COWS..I get.

Very seriously. And if you don't understand the significance of evidence in an allegation, you may want to crack open a book. Or two.

Beach Buff,

Funny story. I went to Boulder for the first time a few years ago. All the way to the stadium I was thinking that I might get some rotten treatment, because that was all I was hearing from people.

I would say, I am going to Boulder and they would say....look out, they treat NU fans like dirt.

Got to say though, I had a great time. No one gave me any grief, outside of the good natured ribbing....God, that red shirt is ugly....kind of thing. But they said it with a smile and everyone laughed. That was before the game.

Nebraska won going away, 30-3. You might remember that the CU students threw some bottles and had a "Riot" outside the stadium. Well, after the game a few CU fans told me that they were going to stay for a while and let the traffic die down a bit. We visited. They told me that they thought my team played a good game. When we all got ready to leave, they told me to have a safe trip home.

I would go again for sure.

And for all the NU fans who say nothing happens in Lincoln. I was there when we played KSU and you could hear people yelling at the QB....a Nebraska kid that was playing in Manhattan, about how he F'N sucked and was no good. Same for Gabbert. Then there was the guy that flew the bird at some busses pulling up to South Stadium and said....Gee, I hope that was the USC team.

These things happen.

By and large, Nebraska fans are very welcoming and friendly. I try to be. There are jerks though. By the same token, I think a lot of CU fans get a bad rep from a few jackasses.

Lastly, I have already made the case for CU and NU as rivals on this site and I think it does exsist, but lets get real, fans are looking for their team to have a good season, not a good game against just one team.

and nothing has ever embarrassed me more, I was hoping they would have packed them turds up on a bus and shipped their sorry asses back to the Northeast where they probably came from.......

Riiiight. Because, like you, most fans think Husker fans should be judged by the lowest common denominator. Right. :thumbs

No, I think we should be judged just like any other fan base. We have good fans. And, we have bad fans. You know, the ones calling in death threats to the previous staff. Just like a lot of people on here judge another team's fan base by the lowest common denominator, we have to take it when another team's fan base does the same to us. Basically, the point is we live in a glass house. Maybe, we shouldn't cast stones at other fan bases considering all. We have a normal fan base. The state and stadium is full of good fans. However, we also have the bad ones that do things that don't make us exactly proud. To say that we don't have those type of fans is wrong. Should we get hung up on poor fan behavior? No, not at all. However, we also shouldn't get hung up on poor fan behavior by CU fans, Mizzou fans, KState fans, etc. Each and every team in the Big 12 has good fans and bad fans. Everyone of us has our own perspective of which team has more or less good or bad fans.

No, I think we should be judged just like any other fan base. We have good fans. And, we have bad fans. You know, the ones calling in death threats to the previous staff. Just like a lot of people on here judge another team's fan base by the lowest common denominator, we have to take it when another team's fan base does the same to us. Basically, the point is we live in a glass house. Maybe, we shouldn't cast stones at other fan bases considering all. We have a normal fan base. The state and stadium is full of good fans. However, we also have the bad ones that do things that don't make us exactly proud. To say that we don't have those type of fans is wrong. Should we get hung up on poor fan behavior? No, not at all. However, we also shouldn't get hung up on poor fan behavior by CU fans, Mizzou fans, KState fans, etc. Each and every team in the Big 12 has good fans and bad fans. Everyone of us has our own perspective of which team has more or less good or bad fans.

Again tilting at windmills. Nobody ever said we have no bad fans. We all know all about the idiots who wear red. The difference is, you choose to flagellate yourself over the behavior of people whose actions you find abhorrent. I, and pretty much everyone else, choose not to do that. It's as simple as that.

And yet, you're the only one saying things either didn't happen or are just alleged. I guess O.J. really is innocent isn't he?

OJ wasn't convicted of Nicole's murder, junior. He got off, and do you remember why? I'll give you a hint - it has to do with allegations... and lack of evidence.... ring any bells?

Could you have picked a less apt analogy for your point? I doubt it. But thanks for the laugh once again. :laughpound

And how telling that you associate OJ with Husker fans. We all get that you look down on Husker fans by now, junior. You're not breaking new ground here.

I'm curious. Why do you associate yourself with a team like Nebraska when you so clearly don't get what they're about, and what they strive to be?