Blackhills Huskers Alumni Chapter

Western SD Husker fans,

Currently I am in contact with the Nebraska Alumni Association in regards to forming a Blackhills Alumni Chapter. If you are an alumnist and live anywhere in the area, or if you are just a Husker faithful and like to watch/root for/support the Huskers please leave a message on here or PM me and I will keep you informed of any new developments. Also if there are any other Huskerboard readers who are interested in providing any helpful information on creating a new chapter or have any good ideas please provide any info you might have as well! Thanks and GO BIG RED!!!!

Western SD Husker fans,

Currently I am in contact with the Nebraska Alumni Association in regards to forming a Blackhills Alumni Chapter. If you are an alumnist and live anywhere in the area, or if you are just a Husker faithful and like to watch/root for/support the Huskers please leave a message on here or PM me and I will keep you informed of any new developments. Also if there are any other Huskerboard readers who are interested in providing any helpful information on creating a new chapter or have any good ideas please provide any info you might have as well! Thanks and GO BIG RED!!!!

I think, and I stress think, there are two types of associations. One is considered a Red LEtter group (one that holds a certian amount of members and continues to recruit new members) which will recieve help and funds from the University and then other groups that do not do the latter.

Well when I hear back from the NAA I will know for sure. I was told by one of the founders of the Southern Arizonans for Nebraska chapter that this was the route to take. She said they will send out information to all alumni that have their address registered to within 100-150 miles of the location and get a sampling of alumni support in the area. From that point they determine if they will sponsor your chapter and help fund it. Thats just the info I have, if you've heard different please share!

Well when I hear back from the NAA I will know for sure. I was told by one of the founders of the Southern Arizonans for Nebraska chapter that this was the route to take. She said they will send out information to all alumni that have their address registered to within 100-150 miles of the location and get a sampling of alumni support in the area. From that point they determine if they will sponsor your chapter and help fund it. Thats just the info I have, if you've heard different please share!

I used to know the director in New York, but they change once every few years. Whatever you find out, please let us know and you should send over the info to Huskerpedia and rivals.