At what age should you attend your first husker game?

pj54

I attended my first game when I was three. I sat on my grandfathers lap and really remember little of it to be honest.

I think I was 8 when I finally understood what was going on and wanted to go, not for the hotdogs or goodies, just the game.

I took my son to the last Texas home game, snow and all. It was his first game and he was 37 years old. He just looked at me and said WOW. Big Raider fan and had never seen anything like it he said.

It took me 37 years to make him a Nebraska fan, but it was well worth it!!!!

It is quite embarrassing, but I attended my first Husker game at age 19.

I was 17 or 18.

But I'm so glad it was with my Dad.

We hadn't done that much together..Seems like my Big Brother took me to most of my firsts...Beer, Kearney Drag Races, shooting my first shotgun..although when I was little, my Dad took us all hunting, but I was so young they made me carry a stick...or was it a pop-gun? My middle Brother drove me and my first date to the 7th grade dance.

I'd say you should at least wait until your Son or Daughter are old enough and interested enough to ask if they can go.

I took my then 7-yr old Son for Both of our first trips to the new Cardinals Football Stadium to watch nearby Hamilton High School win the 5A Football Championship Game last Fall...I was pretty sure my Ex's (2nd) Ex-In-Laws were probably going to take him to the Fiesta Bowl to see their Buckeyes a couple weeks later (which he still talks about hating Texas for).

I was a little sad that his first College game didn't involve the Huskers, but hopefully by the time he really starts to appreciate Football, we'll be back to playing the Fiesta on a more regular basis.

It was also mighty dissapointing that we were unable to walk out onto Tom Osborne Field when we went back last June..I was really hoping I could watch his reaction to the first time he stepped out on the fieldturf and saw all those stands surrounding us and maybe even wear him out a little trying to give me CPR after racing each other up the steps.

We almost made it..Some Construction Workers thought I was a former player and let us in but we were soon intercepted by security watching us on camera. <_<

It was bizzare watching the Hamilton Huskies game out here..seems like almost every student in the stands was glued to his/her cellphone or texting each other and missed most of the game.

It is quite embarrassing, but I attended my first Husker game at age 19.

I was 17 or 18.

But I'm so glad it was with my Dad.

We hadn't done that much together..Seems like my Big Brother took me to most of my firsts...Beer, Kearney Drag Races, shooting my first shotgun..although when I was little, my Dad took us all hunting, but I was so young they made me carry a stick...or was it a pop-gun? My middle Brother drove me and my first date to the 7th grade dance.

I'd say you should at least wait until your Son or Daughter are old enough and interested enough to ask if they can go.

I took my then 7-yr old Son for Both of our first trips to the new Cardinals Football Stadium to watch nearby Hamilton High School win the 5A Football Championship Game last Fall...I was pretty sure my Ex's (2nd) Ex-In-Laws were probably going to take him to the Fiesta Bowl to see their Buckeyes a couple weeks later (which he still talks about hating Texas for).

I was a little sad that his first College game didn't involve the Huskers, but hopefully by the time he really starts to appreciate Football, we'll be back to playing the Fiesta on a more regular basis.

It was also mighty dissapointing that we were unable to walk out onto Tom Osborne Field when we went back last June..I was really hoping I could watch his reaction to the first time he stepped out on the fieldturf and saw all those stands surrounding us and maybe even wear him out a little trying to give me CPR after racing each other up the steps.

We almost made it..Some Construction Workers thought I was a former player and let us in but we were soon intercepted by security watching us on camera. <_<

It was bizzare watching the Hamilton Huskies game out here..seems like almost every student in the stands was glued to his/her cellphone or texting each other and missed most of the game.

I wish I was born at a Husker game!!!

My son was conceived at half time of the 1986 Okie St. game - don't ask.

I took him when he was 7 to his first Husker game. Had to. He was turning into a COLORADO BUFFALO fan. He has been GBR since.

Ouch, good thing you put that out quick.

Wait untill its something he will remember. I would say when he watches the full game at home with dad and is into it, thats when its time. But if only lasts a few quarters before going outside, or moving on to something else. Wait.

On the selfish side, I would want to get as much out of it as my son, so I would wait so that you both can really enjoy it and BOTH have the memores of his first game

Agree

It doesn't sound like the kid is ready, and would probably be ready to go at halftime. Take a buddy this year and wait til the kid has the attention-span and interest to really enjoy the game.

I took my two of my sons and my 5 year old grandson to the 06 game at USC. First live game for any of them. I was surprised that my grandson sat, stood and rooted the whole game with us. When we are all together watching one on TV, he is up and down and all over the place. So you never know just how they will act at that age, but it will still be fun for you and your kid, even if you do have to leave a little early. Memories.........

GBR!!!