S Tommie Saunders

Name: Tommie Saunders

Hometown: San Antonio, TX

Position: S

Ht: 6'1''

Wt: 195 lbs.

40: 4.5

Visit Date:

Scholarships: Arizona, Florida State, Houston, Kansas, LSU, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Utah

Favorites: Arizona, Florida State, Houston, Kansas, LSU, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Utah

COMMITTED TO OKLAHOMA STATE

Scout: :star:star:star:star

Rivals: :star:star:star

Nebraska is recruiting him as a LB.

Lol all I could think of when I saw the offer story on Scout about our offering this guy was... Well, thanks for trying to appease those who want us to work harder at recruiting (esp. high star guys), but it might just be too little, too late for him. Hopefully not. Maybe the staff can pull out something special.

I was wondering why we hadn't offered this guy. He has never been on our rivals database and it seems he is from the same school as the Green's, maybe not though.

Yeah I red that he is, and that supposedly he is really tight with Andrew... Texted him after he got the offer and said he wanted to take an official. Hopefully that's true. You know how these kids change their minds though...

Would be nice to see a big time push for this guy. On the surface, it seems as if he's patient with the recruiting process. That could be to our advantage if Bo and co. work on him.

I could be completely wrong, too, though.

Hope he has a good visit.

Fits the mold of what Bo wants at Will, will sacrifice a little size for a guy that can really cover and fly to the rock.

Tommie...

your epic.. your skills are gnarly

your vibe is intense

your heart is legendary

now all you need to do is come to nebraksa

show up and blow up baby!!!!

:nanalama:nanalama:nanalama:nanalama:nanalama:nanalama:nanalama:nanalama:nanalama

I too, think this would be one of the stars of the class, if he comes here. Wherever he ends up, that'll be a fortunate team. I don't know any more than what I read on the boards, but from what I have read other people saying, he seems like a big talent. I do hope the connections he has here help get him here. anyone have any update on him recently? In my opinion, he's one of the top targets we should be pressing.

I am thinking that if the back 4 show well this year combined with Andrew's input, Tommie would be a good possibility. Need to show what a Safety is in a Bo Pelini D, a very big time player.

It says above that we are recruiting him for LB.

Well alright then, a good showing by the Back 7. Maybe seeing how well Matt May does will give Tommie inspiration.

I'll say it again, TAKE YOUR OFFICIALS THEN DECIDE.

At last report that is what he was going to do, and we were supposed to be one of them. He had a lot of good programs looking at him. Why not give them all a good look then make an educated decision? :facepalm:

if we are pitching that crap, we are missing recruits. you think other teams are telling guys to take all their visits? hell no, they are asking them to comit, now!

I thought he and Andrew were close? Didn't he text back to Andrew about how he was excited about the offer and was going to make a visit to NU. This one surprised me a bit.

if we are pitching that crap, we are missing recruits. you think other teams are telling guys to take all their visits? hell no, they are asking them to comit, now!

Bo and company are probably pushing recruits to commit just as hard as any other school.

I think Danimal was theoretically talking to recruits: Take all your visits...then decide.

Actually there have been quite a few recruits that have said that the coaches tell them they want them to take a few visits to compare then decide. I'm not sure if that's just those recruits or if Seastrunk were want to commit they would tell them the same thing.

I thought he and Andrew were close? Didn't he text back to Andrew about how he was excited about the offer and was going to make a visit to NU. This one surprised me a bit.

obviously someone got to the kid first and convinced him to commit...looks like we just got plain out hustled.

My point was that Saunders was supposed to be giving us a visit, thus allowing him to make a more educated decision about where he should go. Instead, OSU does some shmoozing and he just bites hook, line, and sinker.

I can get behind those that say the staff is too nice-guy sometimes about recruiting and doesn't go for the commit as hard as others. Sometimes you gotta be a salesman.

But if a kid wants to take visits he should take them, that will enable him to make an educated decision. If suitors are really fighting you taking them I wouldn't trust a word out of their mouths.

My point was that Saunders was supposed to be giving us a visit, thus allowing him to make a more educated decision about where he should go. Instead, OSU does some shmoozing and he just bites hook, line, and sinker.

I can get behind those that say the staff is too nice-guy sometimes about recruiting and doesn't go for the commit as hard as others. Sometimes you gotta be a salesman.

But if a kid wants to take visits he should take them, that will enable him to make an educated decision. If suitors are really fighting you taking them I wouldn't trust a word out of their mouths.

i agree, but a good salesman is going to convince a lot of 17 year olds to "buy now"......tough situation.

i agree, but a good salesman is going to convince a lot of 17 year olds to "buy now"......tough situation.

But a kid, and his parent(s), have to be smart. They have to recognize they don't have to "buy now". In most cases you can buy later after looking at what each merchant has to offer. If that is my kid I'd make damn sure he makes the most educated decision possible. Saunders planned on visiting here, and whether he ended-up here, OSU, or elsewhere he should've taken the visit(s) he wanted rather than just listen to the Shamwow spiel.