S Tommie Saunders

if we are pitching that crap, we are missing recruits. you think other teams are telling guys to take all their visits? hell no, they are asking them to comit, now!

Bo and company are probably pushing recruits to commit just as hard as any other school.

I think Danimal was theoretically talking to recruits: Take all your visits...then decide.

My point was that Saunders was supposed to be giving us a visit, thus allowing him to make a more educated decision about where he should go. Instead, OSU does some shmoozing and he just bites hook, line, and sinker.

I can get behind those that say the staff is too nice-guy sometimes about recruiting and doesn't go for the commit as hard as others. Sometimes you gotta be a salesman.

But if a kid wants to take visits he should take them, that will enable him to make an educated decision. If suitors are really fighting you taking them I wouldn't trust a word out of their mouths.

My point was that Saunders was supposed to be giving us a visit, thus allowing him to make a more educated decision about where he should go. Instead, OSU does some shmoozing and he just bites hook, line, and sinker.

I can get behind those that say the staff is too nice-guy sometimes about recruiting and doesn't go for the commit as hard as others. Sometimes you gotta be a salesman.

But if a kid wants to take visits he should take them, that will enable him to make an educated decision. If suitors are really fighting you taking them I wouldn't trust a word out of their mouths.

i agree, but a good salesman is going to convince a lot of 17 year olds to "buy now"......tough situation.

i agree, but a good salesman is going to convince a lot of 17 year olds to "buy now"......tough situation.

But a kid, and his parent(s), have to be smart. They have to recognize they don't have to "buy now". In most cases you can buy later after looking at what each merchant has to offer. If that is my kid I'd make damn sure he makes the most educated decision possible. Saunders planned on visiting here, and whether he ended-up here, OSU, or elsewhere he should've taken the visit(s) he wanted rather than just listen to the Shamwow spiel.