Sign in to follow this  
DeathCultArmaggedon

RB Lache Seastrunk

Player: Lache Seastrunk

Hometown: Temple, TX

Position: RB

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 183 lbs.

40 time: 4.41 (timed at Scout.com combine in Dallas, TX)

Visit Date: TBD

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Auburn, Cal, Florida, LSU, Miami (FL), Oklahoma, Oregon, UCLA, USC, Texas, Texas A&M

Favorites: TBD

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Scout: rating.gifrating.gifrating.gifrating.gif

ESPN Grade: N/A

Assessing the talent:

"Speed and moves and acceleration are what make Lache a truly special player. He does a great job of finding the opening then bursting through the seam and finishing the play. His ability to accelerate so that the defensive player's angle of pursuit is off is truly one of his strengths. In full stride he is hitting three yards a stride and chews up the yardage."

- from Scout (link above)

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 1%. One of the most highly sought after prospects for 2010.

LACHESEASTRUNK10_15200A.JPG

Player: Lache Seastrunk

Hometown: Temple, TX

Position: RB

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 183 lbs.

40 time: 4.41 (timed at Scout.com combine in Dallas, TX)

Visit Date: TBD

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Auburn, Florida, LSU, Miami (FL), Oklahoma, Oregon, USC, Texas, Texas A&M

Favorites: TBD

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Scout: rating.gifrating.gifrating.gifrating.gif

ESPN Grade: N/A

Assessing the talent:

"Speed and moves and acceleration are what make Lache a truly special player. He does a great job of finding the opening then bursting through the seam and finishing the play. His ability to accelerate so that the defensive player's angle of pursuit is off is truly one of his strengths. In full stride he is hitting three yards a stride and chews up the yardage."

- from Scout (link above)

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 5%. One of the most highly sought after prospects for 2010.

LACHESEASTRUNK10_15200A.JPG

it would be an absolute miracle if we beat out the other schools on that list who offered schollys

This guy is a huge stud and probably one of the top 2 running backs for next year. He really likes both LSU and Texas as of right now. But, there is a lot of time for Nebraska to get in this race.

Is this the guy LSU was thinking about getting when it cooled on some 2009 guys?

This guy is a huge stud and probably one of the top 2 running backs for next year. He really likes both LSU and Texas as of right now. But, there is a lot of time for Nebraska to get in this race.

Is this the guy LSU was thinking about getting when it cooled on some 2009 guys?

Yep LSU practically told Christine Michael no because they want Seastrunk so bad..

He is a monster athlete but I don't think there is a chance we can get him. I wish he would come but I think it will be USC. Anyone see him wear those socks at the camp

It really makes you wonder how confident LSU is in getting this guy since they did turn Michael away with Seastrunk in mind. Unreal IMO.

It really makes you wonder how confident LSU is in getting this guy since they did turn Michael away with Seastrunk in mind. Unreal IMO.

Would be very amusing if LSU were to strike out on Seastrunk knowing they could have had Michael.

I saw his video and he looks like one of the best RB's I have ever seen. He looks like a rare talent indeed. Don't know if he would actually consider NU but he looks like his potential is incredible.

Rivals.com U.S. Army National All-Combine Team RB:

First Team: Lache Seastrunk, 5-10, 184, Temple, Texas; Corvin Lamb, 5-10, 180, Miami Northwestern

Named by the Army as the overall most valuable performer at the combine, Seastrunk ran in the 4.52-second range and had a 42-inch vertical leap in testing and then had a good day in the one-on-one battles. "Lache is impossible to stop when you get him in the open field," Rivals.com analyst Barry Every said. "He showed that same type of explosiveness in the combine when he would beat the linebackers one-on-one time after time." For his performance, he received an invitation for next season's Army game. It was one that he immediately accepted.

I don't follow recruiting much. It seems completely insane for any school to actually turn down a 5-star player. Could someone elaborate on the story? Did Seastrunk explicitly tell LSU that he would more likely go there should they stop recruiting Michael? It all seems odd to me.

Rivals #2 overall player and 5 :star 6.1:

RB Lache Seastrunk Ht:5-10 Wt: 183 40: 4.41 Temple TX :star :star :star :star/:star :star :star :star :star 6.1/ESPN150 Watch List

Not sure that Nebraska has a shot at him but here's the scouting info from ESPN:

Fast, explosive, electric, either way you slice it, Seastrunk is arguably one of this class' biggest game-breakers at the running back position. He lacks ideal size but is very well-built, defined and his tight, quick twitched body allows him to run and play much bigger. Is very sudden through the hole and reaches top speed by just his second or third step. Displays great feet and quickness picking and darting his way through the initial traffic. Knows how to make himself thin and demonstrates excellent body control and balance. Runs with his eyes seeing the small creases open quickly. Has loose hips, great stop-start skill and can cut/change direction on a dime making him very slippery to wrap up cleanly. More.

From what I've been reading it sounds like we're not in the running back business unless someone really special comes along. I suppose this kid would qualify.

From what I've been reading it sounds like we're not in the running back business unless someone really special comes along. I suppose this kid would qualify.

:yeah

Very deep position all of a sudden, but if a kid like this shakes loose, you've got to try to get him.

This would be a huge get for Chizek. I didn't think he would have it in him to beat out the rest of the SEC for the very best athletes.

Apparently his pastor is very close with one of the Auburn assistant coaches.

Seastrunk calls Big Cat Weekend "the best ever"

Highly touted ESPNU 150 Watch List running back Lache Seastrunk said at an impromptu pep really during Big Cat Weekend at Auburn, "I can't reveal all the information, but you guys will be surprised when I commit (in early January). And I think ya'll might like where I choose."

"This is the best ever," Seastrunk continued. "They just welcome you in. I feel the warmth of everyone. I love the environment here and I feel at home."

However, he told ESPN affiliate Web site AuburnUndercover.com he's still listening to every school that is recruiting him, "There's nothing I can really say, but every school is still in it. Every school has something great to offer. I'm not shutting the door on anyone, because that's disrespectful."

Seastrunk carried 177 times for 1,541 yards (9 average) and 14 touchdowns last fall. As a sophomore, he rushed 130 times for 1,532 yards (11.8 average) and 22 scores.

Link

Sounds like a tiger, don't know how he plans to 'surprise' when he commits.

Highly touted ESPNU 150 Watch List running back Lache Seastrunk said at an impromptu pep really during Big Cat Weekend at Auburn, "I can't reveal all the information, but you guys will be surprised when I commit (in early January). And I think ya'll might like where I choose."

"This is the best ever," Seastrunk continued. "They just welcome you in. I feel the warmth of everyone. I love the environment here and I feel at home."

However, he told ESPN affiliate Web site AuburnUndercover.com he's still listening to every school that is recruiting him, "There's nothing I can really say, but every school is still in it. Every school has something great to offer. I'm not shutting the door on anyone, because that's disrespectful."

Seastrunk carried 177 times for 1,541 yards (9 average) and 14 touchdowns last fall. As a sophomore, he rushed 130 times for 1,532 yards (11.8 average) and 22 scores.

Link

Auburn also commited secondary NCAA recruiting violations during his visit. Imagine that, Auburn cheating.

Link

Auburn also commited secondary NCAA recruiting violations during his visit. Imagine that, Auburn cheating.

Makes sense

For more specifics on that, here's an "off the wire" report from today's Arkansas Democrat Gazette:

Auburn athletic officials are trying to determine if secondary rules violations occurred when visiting high school football players attended the traditional rolling of Toomers Corner. Video posted on several Web sites showed the high school players helping fans roll the tree on the fringes of campus Saturday night, a longtime tradition to celebrate Auburn victories. Schools generally self-report such potential secondary violations to the NCAA, which usually issues a warning not to repeat the offense. A group of more than 20 players was traveling together, including some of the nations top prospects. Auburn assistant coach Trooper Taylor attended the event but did not introduce the players to the fans in attendance, according to the video. The NCAA prohibits schools from introducing visiting prospects at functions attended by reporters or open to the general public. A couple of hundred fans and some media members attended the event. Members of the media attending the event interviewed players. The NCAA also doesnt allow any media entity to be present during a recruiting contact between a coach and prospect, or allow a school official to publicize a recruits visit to an institution. Linebacker Jessel Curry of Buford, Ga., one of the recruits present, said their presence wasnt announced or planned.

Seastrunk, a running back who will be a senior at Temple (Texas) High School, is one of the most sought after football players in the Class of 2010. Rivals.com ranks him the No. 2 overall player in the nation and the No. 1-ranked running back.

The list of colleges who have already offered him scholarships reads like a Who's Who of college football.

That list includes Auburn, Baylor, California, Florida, LSU, Miami, Nebraska, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, USC, Texas, Texas A&M and UCLA. There have been reports that he is leaning toward Auburn, but he has not yet made any official commitment.

link

5'10", 200 lbs, 4.5 40. Rushed for 3,073 yards and scored 33 touchdowns in past two yrs. He graduates in December.

Not to be mean, but you must have just started following recruiting this year. We have no shot at pretty much any RB we have offered this year including Seastrunk.

Not to be mean, but you must have just started following recruiting this year. We have no shot at pretty much any RB we have offered this year including Seastrunk.

Not to be mean but apparently you can read the minds of every single prospect.

Furthermore, if there is one position where we can afford to pass on and NOT take a player in this class it's RB.

I would rather hold out and wait for Aaron Green than take anyone in this class... although if someone like Seastrunk came we'd obviously take him. One in the hand's worth two in the bush. Still, I hope by not taking one that can secure us Green for next year.

Oh cornshucks, you're on to me. I just started following NU football a couple months ago. From now on I’ll only look at guys from rural Nebraska schools with no other offers.

Jen, not to be mean but you must not be able to read if you could you would probably have noticed that we haven't come up once in any discussion. However, I am sure you are going to give us your expert analysis. What formation is he best at? Maybe give us a "well since most teams are going to the nickel to counter the spread Seastrunk's speed would be a pretty good asset". Or maybe some other brain buster comment that you like to give. But then again I'm not sure why you care after all, you trust the coaches and it wouldn't matter if we got him or Daniels would it?

Nuance, I really wasn't trying to be a smart ass unlike the above paragraph. I just meant that he has been in the top three overall rivals rankings since the beginning, so it really did appear that you just started following other prospects.

Jen, not to be mean but you must not be able to read if you could you would probably have noticed that we haven't come up once in any discussion. However, I am sure you are going to give us your expert analysis. What formation is he best at? Maybe give us a "well since most teams are going to the nickel to counter the spread Seastrunk's speed would be a pretty good asset". Or maybe some other brain buster comment that you like to give. But then again I'm not sure why you care after all, you trust the coaches and it wouldn't matter if we got him or Daniels would it?

You are one sad little boy.

As for the constant petty little insults you've been throwing my way...Apparently you can dish it out, but your man-gina gets all hurt when someone gives it back.

To the point about the thread discussing the walk-on decline, which is completely irrelevant here, but since you brought it up...The point was that more teams are running shotgun sets with 3-5 WR's and there's not many, if any, quality CB/DB types in the state of Nebraska. If you disagree fine but please stop acting like a passive-aggressive troll and taking every opportunity to take a petty pot shot at me.

To the point of what you said in this thread: We probably won't land Seastrunk.

But to say that:

We have no shot at pretty much any RB we have offered this year including Seastrunk.

is flat out ridiculous.

Because you have no idea what each and every recruit is thinking or what our coaches are doing.

And, if Nebraska doesn't sign a RB in this class then okay...

With this class, and the small numbers of scholarships Nebraska has to give, signing a RB is a luxury...not a need.

Finally, why don't you go to the nearest strip mall and see if there is a retailer which sells a sense of humor.

Jen, so you are ragging on me for being sensative? What are you doing that is different? As far as I can tell I didn't call you a troll or anything else. I can think of A LOT of names to come back at you with but it's not worth my time and I'm sure you've heard them all your life anyway. Yes I realize that there aren't a lot of "athletes" in nebraska. This goes back to the being able to read part but look at my post referring to the talent in Nebraska. Ok genius did I say that we won't land a rb this year? Nope, sure didn't. Did I say that we pretty much have no shot? Yes I did say that. Can you name me one that we do have over a 30% chance with oh wise one? Maybe you can break down what rb would fit our scheme for us then deliver the message to Bo. I realize we don't need a rb in this class. With Castille, Helu, Okafor, Ward, Jones, Burkhead, and Robinson I'm well aware that we have a lot of quality rb's so you don't need to tell me that. It's a numbers game at rb right now, which if you can't read I don't really expect you to be able to count either. Although you do realize that having four receivers would require more db's so go figure. Last, I have a very good sense of humor. If you could let me know one remotely close to funny thing you've said I would love to see it. I can take the sarcasm and shots with the best of them so keep them comin, it looks like you're the one who has a problem with it.

huskers1, slow your roll buddy. This is a discussion board, try to have one without being patronizing and aggressive alright?

Obviously, if the kid hasn't signed anywhere yet, we still have a chance. This thread has merit.

Jen, so you are ragging on me for being sensative? What are you doing that is different? As far as I can tell I didn't call you a troll or anything else. I can think of A LOT of names to come back at you with but it's not worth my time and I'm sure you've heard them all your life anyway. Yes I realize that there aren't a lot of "athletes" in nebraska. This goes back to the being able to read part but look at my post referring to the talent in Nebraska. Ok genius did I say that we won't land a rb this year? Nope, sure didn't. Did I say that we pretty much have no shot? Yes I did say that. Can you name me one that we do have over a 30% chance with oh wise one? Maybe you can break down what rb would fit our scheme for us then deliver the message to Bo. I realize we don't need a rb in this class. With Castille, Helu, Okafor, Ward, Jones, Burkhead, and Robinson I'm well aware that we have a lot of quality rb's so you don't need to tell me that. It's a numbers game at rb right now, which if you can't read I don't really expect you to be able to count either. Although you do realize that having four receivers would require more db's so go figure. Last, I have a very good sense of humor. If you could let me know one remotely close to funny thing you've said I would love to see it. I can take the sarcasm and shots with the best of them so keep them comin, it looks like you're the one who has a problem with it.

You are a sad, angry little man...

zing

I don't see what I did so different than her, maybe a little more but no different. But fine, I'll take a TO.

:cheers

It's cool bro. If you have any more info to add to this thread by all means let us know. You know who this guy is visiting or looking hard at?

Yes, we more likely than not have no chance in hell with Seastruck. OK we don't have a chance. So I agree with that. However, don't care what the numbers in the backfield are, or the number of schollies available, you always should try to land a solid RB in every class. Just like all skill positions, one a class minimum. Look at all successful programs throughout history. They stockpile every year and let the kids battle for it. Competition creates better players and teams. Others have screamed that at other positions on this very board.

Besides, Andrew Green in no way is a "lock" or a sure thing(even if odds are slightly in our favor) to commit. Putting "all our eggs in his basket" would look awfully foolish next year, if Andrew goes else where. SO look to sign a talented back this year whomever it may be.

Ya I understand what you're saying and I agree with you to an extent. However, the part I don't agree with is that since we are obviously the favorite at this point given his bro is here, he's been to lincoln many times, and it appears he's formed a nice bond with Ron Brown, why not make it another plus if we can say "hey, we didn't even sign a back last year for you now you have a great chance to come in after Q and Helu and play significant minutes as a true frosh". But I also agree that nothing is a lock and it would really truely suck if he didn't come here.

Jen, I am neither sad, angry, nor little just an fyi.

We've offered a couple of relatives if Aaron and Andrew. Tommie Saunders is a Will from Texas, and Austin Hill is a wr from Cali that will be visiting with teammate Mobley.

If we can land one or both of those guys it should help land Aaron.