RB Lache Seastrunk

Seastrunk calls Big Cat Weekend "the best ever"

Highly touted ESPNU 150 Watch List running back Lache Seastrunk said at an impromptu pep really during Big Cat Weekend at Auburn, "I can't reveal all the information, but you guys will be surprised when I commit (in early January). And I think ya'll might like where I choose."

"This is the best ever," Seastrunk continued. "They just welcome you in. I feel the warmth of everyone. I love the environment here and I feel at home."

However, he told ESPN affiliate Web site AuburnUndercover.com he's still listening to every school that is recruiting him, "There's nothing I can really say, but every school is still in it. Every school has something great to offer. I'm not shutting the door on anyone, because that's disrespectful."

Seastrunk carried 177 times for 1,541 yards (9 average) and 14 touchdowns last fall. As a sophomore, he rushed 130 times for 1,532 yards (11.8 average) and 22 scores.

Link

Sounds like a tiger, don't know how he plans to 'surprise' when he commits.

Auburn also commited secondary NCAA recruiting violations during his visit. Imagine that, Auburn cheating.

Makes sense

Auburn also commited secondary NCAA recruiting violations during his visit. Imagine that, Auburn cheating.

For more specifics on that, here's an "off the wire" report from today's Arkansas Democrat Gazette:

Auburn athletic officials are trying to determine if secondary rules violations occurred when visiting high school football players attended the traditional rolling of Toomers Corner. Video posted on several Web sites showed the high school players helping fans roll the tree on the fringes of campus Saturday night, a longtime tradition to celebrate Auburn victories. Schools generally self-report such potential secondary violations to the NCAA, which usually issues a warning not to repeat the offense. A group of more than 20 players was traveling together, including some of the nations top prospects. Auburn assistant coach Trooper Taylor attended the event but did not introduce the players to the fans in attendance, according to the video. The NCAA prohibits schools from introducing visiting prospects at functions attended by reporters or open to the general public. A couple of hundred fans and some media members attended the event. Members of the media attending the event interviewed players. The NCAA also doesnt allow any media entity to be present during a recruiting contact between a coach and prospect, or allow a school official to publicize a recruits visit to an institution. Linebacker Jessel Curry of Buford, Ga., one of the recruits present, said their presence wasnt announced or planned.

• 2 months later...
Seastrunk, a running back who will be a senior at Temple (Texas) High School, is one of the most sought after football players in the Class of 2010. Rivals.com ranks him the No. 2 overall player in the nation and the No. 1-ranked running back.

The list of colleges who have already offered him scholarships reads like a Who's Who of college football.

That list includes Auburn, Baylor, California, Florida, LSU, Miami, Nebraska, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, USC, Texas, Texas A&M and UCLA. There have been reports that he is leaning toward Auburn, but he has not yet made any official commitment.

link

5'10", 200 lbs, 4.5 40. Rushed for 3,073 yards and scored 33 touchdowns in past two yrs. He graduates in December.

Not to be mean, but you must have just started following recruiting this year. We have no shot at pretty much any RB we have offered this year including Seastrunk.

Not to be mean but apparently you can read the minds of every single prospect.

Furthermore, if there is one position where we can afford to pass on and NOT take a player in this class it's RB.

Not to be mean, but you must have just started following recruiting this year. We have no shot at pretty much any RB we have offered this year including Seastrunk.

Oh cornshucks, you're on to me. I just started following NU football a couple months ago. From now on I’ll only look at guys from rural Nebraska schools with no other offers.

Jen, not to be mean but you must not be able to read if you could you would probably have noticed that we haven't come up once in any discussion. However, I am sure you are going to give us your expert analysis. What formation is he best at? Maybe give us a "well since most teams are going to the nickel to counter the spread Seastrunk's speed would be a pretty good asset". Or maybe some other brain buster comment that you like to give. But then again I'm not sure why you care after all, you trust the coaches and it wouldn't matter if we got him or Daniels would it?

Nuance, I really wasn't trying to be a smart ass unlike the above paragraph. I just meant that he has been in the top three overall rivals rankings since the beginning, so it really did appear that you just started following other prospects.

Jen, not to be mean but you must not be able to read if you could you would probably have noticed that we haven't come up once in any discussion. However, I am sure you are going to give us your expert analysis. What formation is he best at? Maybe give us a "well since most teams are going to the nickel to counter the spread Seastrunk's speed would be a pretty good asset". Or maybe some other brain buster comment that you like to give. But then again I'm not sure why you care after all, you trust the coaches and it wouldn't matter if we got him or Daniels would it?

You are one sad little boy.

As for the constant petty little insults you've been throwing my way...Apparently you can dish it out, but your man-gina gets all hurt when someone gives it back.

To the point about the thread discussing the walk-on decline, which is completely irrelevant here, but since you brought it up...The point was that more teams are running shotgun sets with 3-5 WR's and there's not many, if any, quality CB/DB types in the state of Nebraska. If you disagree fine but please stop acting like a passive-aggressive troll and taking every opportunity to take a petty pot shot at me.

To the point of what you said in this thread: We probably won't land Seastrunk.

But to say that:

We have no shot at pretty much any RB we have offered this year including Seastrunk.

is flat out ridiculous.

Because you have no idea what each and every recruit is thinking or what our coaches are doing.

And, if Nebraska doesn't sign a RB in this class then okay...

With this class, and the small numbers of scholarships Nebraska has to give, signing a RB is a luxury...not a need.

Finally, why don't you go to the nearest strip mall and see if there is a retailer which sells a sense of humor.

Jen, so you are ragging on me for being sensative? What are you doing that is different? As far as I can tell I didn't call you a troll or anything else. I can think of A LOT of names to come back at you with but it's not worth my time and I'm sure you've heard them all your life anyway. Yes I realize that there aren't a lot of "athletes" in nebraska. This goes back to the being able to read part but look at my post referring to the talent in Nebraska. Ok genius did I say that we won't land a rb this year? Nope, sure didn't. Did I say that we pretty much have no shot? Yes I did say that. Can you name me one that we do have over a 30% chance with oh wise one? Maybe you can break down what rb would fit our scheme for us then deliver the message to Bo. I realize we don't need a rb in this class. With Castille, Helu, Okafor, Ward, Jones, Burkhead, and Robinson I'm well aware that we have a lot of quality rb's so you don't need to tell me that. It's a numbers game at rb right now, which if you can't read I don't really expect you to be able to count either. Although you do realize that having four receivers would require more db's so go figure. Last, I have a very good sense of humor. If you could let me know one remotely close to funny thing you've said I would love to see it. I can take the sarcasm and shots with the best of them so keep them comin, it looks like you're the one who has a problem with it.

Jen, so you are ragging on me for being sensative? What are you doing that is different? As far as I can tell I didn't call you a troll or anything else. I can think of A LOT of names to come back at you with but it's not worth my time and I'm sure you've heard them all your life anyway. Yes I realize that there aren't a lot of "athletes" in nebraska. This goes back to the being able to read part but look at my post referring to the talent in Nebraska. Ok genius did I say that we won't land a rb this year? Nope, sure didn't. Did I say that we pretty much have no shot? Yes I did say that. Can you name me one that we do have over a 30% chance with oh wise one? Maybe you can break down what rb would fit our scheme for us then deliver the message to Bo. I realize we don't need a rb in this class. With Castille, Helu, Okafor, Ward, Jones, Burkhead, and Robinson I'm well aware that we have a lot of quality rb's so you don't need to tell me that. It's a numbers game at rb right now, which if you can't read I don't really expect you to be able to count either. Although you do realize that having four receivers would require more db's so go figure. Last, I have a very good sense of humor. If you could let me know one remotely close to funny thing you've said I would love to see it. I can take the sarcasm and shots with the best of them so keep them comin, it looks like you're the one who has a problem with it.

You are a sad, angry little man...

zing