RB Lache Seastrunk

I don't see what I did so different than her, maybe a little more but no different. But fine, I'll take a TO.

:cheers

It's cool bro. If you have any more info to add to this thread by all means let us know. You know who this guy is visiting or looking hard at?

Yes, we more likely than not have no chance in hell with Seastruck. OK we don't have a chance. So I agree with that. However, don't care what the numbers in the backfield are, or the number of schollies available, you always should try to land a solid RB in every class. Just like all skill positions, one a class minimum. Look at all successful programs throughout history. They stockpile every year and let the kids battle for it. Competition creates better players and teams. Others have screamed that at other positions on this very board.

Besides, Andrew Green in no way is a "lock" or a sure thing(even if odds are slightly in our favor) to commit. Putting "all our eggs in his basket" would look awfully foolish next year, if Andrew goes else where. SO look to sign a talented back this year whomever it may be.

Ya I understand what you're saying and I agree with you to an extent. However, the part I don't agree with is that since we are obviously the favorite at this point given his bro is here, he's been to lincoln many times, and it appears he's formed a nice bond with Ron Brown, why not make it another plus if we can say "hey, we didn't even sign a back last year for you now you have a great chance to come in after Q and Helu and play significant minutes as a true frosh". But I also agree that nothing is a lock and it would really truely suck if he didn't come here.

Jen, I am neither sad, angry, nor little just an fyi.

• 2 months later...

I mentioned a while ago that I was watching big red wrap up and Sean Callahan said "when he takes his visit, we'll know more about him". I'm not sure if he meant to say that or if I'm just reading to much into it. He does seem to be playing this very close to the vest. His only visit to this point was to Cal for their rout against USC I believe.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

http://memphisroar.com/2010/01/featured-co...-consideration/

For those who haven’t followed college football closely, especially for those that don’t follow coaching changes closely, there’s been a development in Conference USA. Larry Porter left LSU about six weeks ago and came home to become head coach at Memphis. For the average college football fan, that doesn’t seem like anything important, at least from a national perspective. Looking deeper, you’ll see that Porter was a running back at Memphis from 1990 to 1993. It’s a homecoming for him. For the University of Memphis football program, it’s all a start of something bigger. Years ago, Porter left the safety of home in order to become a better football coach. He coached under Les Miles at Oklahoma State. He moved on to LSU and continued to grow under Coach Miles. At LSU, he added chief recruiter to his duties as running backs coach and was awarded National Recruiter of the Year honors in 2007 and 2009.

It’s one thing to recruit successfully at a BCS school, but how will Porter elevate Memphis? Only two words are needed for illustration. Lache. Seastrunk. Yes, that name has the potential to change the fortunes of a program. Perhaps that change is already occuring. Porter was the coach that recruited Seastrunk to LSU. They have a relationship. Now Seastrunk has narrowed his list. Florida, Miami, UNC, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas and others have come off. Memphis has come on. It’s better to come on late than never.