RB Lache Seastrunk

OK, I don't buy into that 'nebraska way' stuff in a literal sense (although it's an effective rally cry/sentiment) - but, I'm in full agreement. Regardless if other schools do it, I'd rather we didn't.

As far as recruiting goes, there are a lot of legitimate recruiting tools and methods that we could employ and go all-out more, I guess. Really SELL the University and put on a show. But once you're talking skirting the rules, that's where I hope we would always draw the line. These 'agents' are shady business. They're bad news.

• 3 weeks later...

Texas posters believe this guy is bad news.

What are they saying?

There are whispers that he might be involved with sports agents already.

Uh oh! Man, couple that with Oregon's problems as it is. Any chance there are just bitter Texas fans out there that are ticked the top rated RB from their backyard left them? Or are these pretty legit sources?

I loved the synopsis of him at Rivals too: "Has a chance to be the next Reggie Bush in college." (<~ Free Info) In more ways than just athletic ability. ;)

Just Texas posters who had quite a bit of info about everything else. They also said that the group of 2011 backs is the best crop out of Texas since AP came through. For reference: Sims, Brown, Green.

Lache Seastrunk was on the Lemming Report and said he thinks he can win the heisman next year. Oregon??? Does he know the freshman back name LM James had over 1400 yards rushing and will be the No 1 back there for two more years?

You never know I guess. Lucky had 1,000 yards both rushing and recieving one year and was third string the next.

Here is some new info on why we never really were in on this kid. Will Lyles the street agent from Texas got 25k from Oregon to steer Lache to Oregon. I will post a few links to show what I have found.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/Was-Lache-Seastrunks-journey-from-Texas-to-Oregon-divinely-inspired-031211 Thayer Evans today with an article about Lache and Lyles.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/Is-reputed-street-agent-Will-Lyles-college-footballs-biggest-danger-031211 NCAA is on the trail of this street agent.

http://memphisroar.com/2010/01/featured-column-top-rb-seastrunk-has-a-new-school-under-consideration/ Makes sense now why Lache added Memphis to his top 5. Lyles was getting paid as a street agent behind the scenes.

Nothing to see here. Move on. Nebraska needs to start doing this stuff if other teams are getting away with it.

News out tonight that Will Lyles sold Patrick Peterson too. Another success story for Will Lyles. Patrick is rated as the number one player/athlete is this years draft. It was going to take 80k or better for Texas A & M to land this guy. What a great story.

If the NCAA doesn't ding anyone involved with this agent then it will ruin college football.

LSU and Oregon are said to be getting hit with some major violations, LSU may be getting hit pretty hard becasue of this. Its supposed to come out before the season but i doubt it will. Something needs to be done before the college game is ruined, there needs to be some strict punishments if caught to make agents and teams alike not even want to try it.

• 4 months later...

Yeah, I know. I bet he goes to Auburn or LSU. Just based off of what has come out about his recruitment.

Supposedly going to Baylor and will try to get a waiver from the NCAA to not sit out a year. His reason for transfer and waiver is his sick grandmother. While I tend to believe that his stated reason, I also think he realized just how good LaMichael James is.