SIGNED ATH Tyler Evans

You guys don't think we are big trouble when it comes to recruiting?? Take a look at this list:

http://www.nebraska.rivals.com/teamrank.asp?SID=928

We have FIVE recruits. FIVE. The rest of those teams (besides Cal) have double-digit recruits. Tyler Evans does not narrow the gap, folks. We need better players, period.

I can't find the site, but I know that last year at this time we had around six commits with another 20 or so to fill.

This year, at this time, we have FIVE commits with far fewer schollies to give out, and the kids we have are VERY well regarded nationally (I read recently that only Oregon, with the same number of commits that we have, is ranked higher).

Do I wish that we had more kids committed? Yes.

Do I want quality commits as opposed to desperate commits? Yes.

Is Tyler Evans a quality commit? Yes, and again, look at what he brings and tell me where he is deficient as opposed to most of the WRs we have offered?

I'll say it again, I think there is sometimes a bias in Nebraska against Nebraska kids.

IMO I think I do have a little bias toward nebraska kids when it comes to the lower ranked kids. How many yards did woodhead rush for in high school? Wasn't it well over 1000 a couple times? This kid does have the the height, weight, 40 times etc that we would look for. So I wonder why when he is competing against class b competition in nebraska, a place not known for very good high school football, he rushes for 900 yards and passes for like 300? If this kid is d1 talent he should dominate any game any class in nebraska but he's not even dominating class b games. that's what makes me think twice about his committment. The difference bt Evans and say Middleton who was also not very highly ranked at first is Middleton played against excellent competition every week and had fairly good stats. Even Pensick played against class a teams. He was also a position that is very hard to recruit so why not pick him up if he's in our back yard? i just think given the position whether cb or wr we could have got a better prospect.

IMO I think I do have a little bias toward nebraska kids when it comes to the lower ranked kids. How many yards did woodhead rush for in high school? Wasn't it well over 1000 a couple times? This kid does have the the height, weight, 40 times etc that we would look for. So I wonder why when he is competing against class b competition in nebraska, a place not known for very good high school football, he rushes for 900 yards and passes for like 300? If this kid is d1 talent he should dominate any game any class in nebraska but he's not even dominating class b games. that's what makes me think twice about his committment. The difference bt Evans and say Middleton who was also not very highly ranked at first is Middleton played against excellent competition every week and had fairly good stats. Even Pensick played against class a teams. He was also a position that is very hard to recruit so why not pick him up if he's in our back yard? i just think given the position whether cb or wr we could have got a better prospect.

He plays QB/CB in High School. NU is not recruiting him as a QB or S. They want him as a CB/WR. People were so upset whin Leverson left; this is "Leverson's" replacement. I do believe Leverson was a scholarship, and I do believe this kid has the same ability.

By no means will he be the next Eric Crouch (Who will? It's a different era)

This kid is a solid athete, and the coaches want to find a spot to put him in!

He plays QB/CB in High School. NU is not recruiting him as a QB or CB. They want him as a S/WR. People were so upset whin Leverson left; this is "Leverson's" replacement. I do believe Leverson was a scholarship, and I do believe this kid has the same ability.

By no means will he be the next Eric Crouch (Who will? It's a different era)

This kid is a solid athete, and the coaches want to find a spot to put him in!

B)-->

QUOTE(Husker B @ Aug 8 2009, 05:02 PM) 450558[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure Bo Pelini knows how to evaluate talent a little better than you wannabe Ms. Cleos.

Give it a rest already.

No kidding, give me f'ing break.

You realize this kid probably reads these boards, right?

Along with a lot of other recruits? Stop looking like ungrateful pieces of sh#t.

I'm pretty sure Bo Pelini knows how to evaluate talent a little better than you wannabe Ms. Cleos.

Give it a rest already.

No kidding, give me f'ing break.

You realize this kid probably reads these boards, right?

Along with a lot of other recruits? Stop looking like ungrateful pieces of sh#t.

we all knew you meant but we can't name names can we?

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Overrated. Came into Skutt and couldn't do anything.

He plays out of position, is only at qb because he's his team best athlete, we're looking at him at db, where he really impressed the staff at camp. Skutt had his team outgunned and they lost, so what? Doesn't mean Evans can't succeed any more than if Mobley's team loses with him at qb.