DE Kony Ealy

huskers1

• 2 months later...

According to scout, appears that Mizzou is his favorite at this point. He said that he "feels at home" on mizzous campus, they are always pretty good, he really likes the family atmosphere at mizzou and when he walks around on campus it feels like a family atmosphere. hopefully we can get him in here for a visit otherwise I'd say he's mizzou's.

• 2 weeks later...

This is what I would love to see our coaches doing with the up coming recruits like Rome. Have these kids do the recruiting for us. Rome is going to be a stud and we need stud DE along with him. What is lacking in the d-line is pressure from the corners, Allen and Turner are doing nothing, we need speed list Wistrom and Trev.

What is lacking in the d-line is pressure from the corners, Allen and Turner are doing nothing, we need speed list Wistrom and Trev.

I am willing to predict a great year out of Allen and Meredith next year.

I also think Ankrah will push hard for playing time as well. Not sure what is holding Williams back, but maybe he makes a leap as a Sophomore and forces his way into the rotation also. I also like the 2-3 DE's we have thus far, Vestal, Ashburn, and Rome are a talented bunch, though Rome may end up on the inside after a year or two.

What is lacking in the d-line is pressure from the corners, Allen and Turner are doing nothing, we need speed list Wistrom and Trev.

I am willing to predict a great year out of Allen and Meredith next year.

I also think Ankrah will push hard for playing time as well. Not sure what is holding Williams back, but maybe he makes a leap as a Sophomore and forces his way into the rotation also. I also like the 2-3 DE's we have thus far, Vestal, Ashburn, and Rome are a talented bunch, though Rome may end up on the inside after a year or two.

Part of the lack of pressure from the DE's is just scheme. Unless they're stunting the emphasis is on containment and pushing the pocket in where Suh and Crick can make plays.

Rome will definitely end-up at DT, dude is huge. Word is that Ashburn might end-up at DT too.

As far as Ealy goes Mizzou had the hole-shot and getting in on him late didn't help. I'm happy to have gotten Rome and Gabbert out of the state.