DE Kony Ealy

huskers1

Kony committed to Mizzou this morning, 11-2-09

This guy is a stud we missed out on. Mizzoo will be more than pleased with this young fella. Nice find and get. Would have been a nice "bookend"!

SheepdogMark

It's not over on this kid. We have been the brides maids and not the bride... Travis Lewis, Gabbert, on and on. I want Bo and Co to steal recruits away and show them that playing in front of 86,000 is better than playing in front of a TX high school crowd. We need some help from Gabbert and Rome.

Kony committed to Mizzou this morning, 11-2-09

This guy is a stud we missed out on. Mizzoo will be more than pleased with this young fella. Nice find and get. Would have been a nice "bookend"!

SheepdogMark

It's not over on this kid. We have been the brides maids and not the bride... Travis Lewis, Gabbert, on and on. I want Bo and Co to steal recruits away and show them that playing in front of 86,000 is better than playing in front of a TX high school crowd. We need some help from Gabbert and Rome.

I think we need to get busy and win some games to keep Gabbert and Rome. If we fall on our face the rest of the way, I would not count on seeing Rome in Red. Although I don't think Florida is interested in him, he will have a lot of other schools to choose from. Seems like he is a little fickle on committments and if things look like they are falling apart here, I'm afraid he will jump ship again. If Gabbert's main plan is to hit the field early and Green struggles through the end of the season he might see that as an opportunity to compete for a 4 year starting career. On the other hand if the offense is really bad the rest of the way and Watson leaves, he may go elsewhere since that was the family connection. And if Green catches fire and looks great, Tyler may go somewhere else, probably Missouri but I wouldn't rule out KU.

Does anyone know how Rome is doing this year? I read on one of the sites that he had fallen off the Rival's national list. Is he hurt?

With how we are producing some tremendous talent at DL I dont see Rome going anywhere. Seeing Crick going off on Baylor only solidified his commitment IMO. Rome is a little bit ahead of where Crick was coming out of HS, and Rome plans to enroll early from what I heard. As with Tyler Gabbert: if Watson does leave we probably will lose him. But we cant keep Watson just because of one recruit he brought in. It goes without saying that we should sign a QB in this class though.

I think we need to get busy and win some games to keep Gabbert and Rome. If we fall on our face the rest of the way, I would not count on seeing Rome in Red. Although I don't think Florida is interested in him, he will have a lot of other schools to choose from. Seems like he is a little fickle on committments and if things look like they are falling apart here, I'm afraid he will jump ship again. If Gabbert's main plan is to hit the field early and Green struggles through the end of the season he might see that as an opportunity to compete for a 4 year starting career. On the other hand if the offense is really bad the rest of the way and Watson leaves, he may go elsewhere since that was the family connection. And if Green catches fire and looks great, Tyler may go somewhere else, probably Missouri but I wouldn't rule out KU.

Does anyone know how Rome is doing this year? I read on one of the sites that he had fallen off the Rival's national list. Is he hurt?

Billyball, maybe it's the pessimist in me ... but I'm with you. I see more of a chance that we lose Gabbert and Rome then we steal away Kony Ealy from Mizzoo. A debate could be made for all three recruits going to Mizzoo just as easy as they all come to the Huskers.

At present, our Huskers are just like in the movie Top Gun ... "we have a confidence isssue". We are not playing fundamental football, atleast on the "O" side of the ball ... and that makes for some embarrasing televised games. Kinda makes you wonder if you want to play OU on TV and if you want to make it the Big 12 Championship.

We need to get back to the basics and play with lots of heart!

SheepdogMark

Billyball, maybe it's the pessimist in me ... but I'm with you. I see more of a chance that we lose Gabbert and Rome then we steal away Kony Ealy from Mizzoo. A debate could be made for all three recruits going to Mizzoo just as easy as they all come to the Huskers.

At present, our Huskers are just like in the movie Top Gun ... "we have a confidence isssue". We are not playing fundamental football, atleast on the "O" side of the ball ... and that makes for some embarrasing televised games. Kinda makes you wonder if you want to play OU on TV and if you want to make it the Big 12 Championship.

We need to get back to the basics and play with lots of heart!

SheepdogMark

I don't see Mizzou stealing either Gabbert or Rome. Gabbert, I'm sure, doesn't want to back-up his brother again, and an incoming freshman QB - James Franklin - is Rival's #7 dual-threat QB. Rome never wanted to play in Columbia. From what I've heard, his family moved there right before HS and he doesn't like the town and wanted out.

If Ealy doesn't stay with Mizzou, he would likely go to Ga. Tech - his first offer.