LB Justin Parker

Thats a good question.

I know that we got Curt Dukes from one of the Carolinas...but I am 96.453% sure it was North Carolina. I hope someone has an answer to this.

From a quick search of the recruiting lists, the last player to sign out of South Carolina was Kareem Moss CB Spartensburg S.C by way of Garden City C.C. back in 1992!

No crap +2 points, hell give him +5 on that one. Curt Dukes was from North Carolina. I know Clemson usually does a hell of a job of locking down the borders, and now with the Ole Ball Coach at USC, the competition got a hair harder for them, but there are some stellar athlete's that come out of S. Carolina. I just was curious cause I don't see us being successful in that state or really ever have for that matter.

There is a change at the top for three-star linebacker Justin Parker (Beaufort, S.C./Beaufort). Clemson now has a slight lead over South Carolina, according to a source familiar with his recruitment.

The source said that the Tigers have the edge based on some of the things that Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney and assistant coach Dan Brooks (his recruiter) talked with Parker about during his unofficial visit to Clemson earlier this month.

The source also said that Parker continues to go back and forth between the two in-state schools every day. Colorado, Nebraska, Vanderbilt and Syracuse are among the other offers for the 6-foot-2, 233-pounder.

• 1 month later...

One of the best linebackers in the country is Justin Parker from Beaufort High School in South Carolina. The six-foot-two 225-pound Parker's recruiting has been somewhat stagnant for most of the summer because of misinformation and Parker's lack of summer visits. Since his senior season began, Parker has been getting offers left and right and he is wide open and planning to hit the road over the next two months to visit a lot of new schools including Georgia Tech who are making a push for the talented middle linebacker.

Nebraska might be looking to take a couple of linebackers in the 2010 class and one that has Nebraska’s eye right now is Justin Parker. Parker, a MIKE at the high school level, has experience playing outside as well. The Nebraska staff will be at Parker’s school early next week and Parker is pretty sure that Nebraska will come away impressed.

• 2 weeks later...

Justin Parker, Scout.com three-star middle linebacker from Beaufort, S.C., took an unofficial visit last weekend to South Carolina. The Gamecocks have made a strong push for the in-state prospect who has been favoring Clemson. A Big 12 school has made up a lot of ground as well.

sounds like Nebraska is now one of his favorites

Justin Parker, Scout.com three-star middle linebacker from Beaufort, S.C., took an unofficial visit last weekend to South Carolina. The Gamecocks have made a strong push for the in-state prospect who has been favoring Clemson. A Big 12 school has made up a lot of ground as well.

sounds like Nebraska is now one of his favorites

Well the best of the rest anyway. I think Clemson and South Carolina are still 1 and 2, but Coach Ek made a big impression visiting his school on Monday. At least have a shot now at getting a visit from the #10 MLB prospect.

Still looks open...Clemson and South Carolina are ahead, but we may not be out of it.

"I still have a lot of teams under consideration. Nebraska, Oregon, Georgia Tech, West Virginia and others. Nebraska came by my school to check on me and that was huge."

:)