LB Justin Parker

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

USC recruiter Shane Beamer met Wednesday afternoon with Beaufort LB Justin Parker. Beamer is the first recruiter to see Parker this week. Thursday Clemson recruiters Kevin Steele and Dan Brooks are scheduled to visit with Parker and Friday LSU recruiter John Chavis is scheduled to be in.

In his diary this week for the Beaufort Gazette, Parker listed Clemson as his favorite ahead of USC, LSU and Georgia Tech. "I'm still feeling really good about Clemson after my visit, but USC is right there with them," Parker wrote. He will take his official visit to LSU this weekend after taking the SAT.

He wrote in his diary he's unsure about next weekend's visit to Georgia Tech. Tech head coach Paul Johnson is slated to visit with Parker Monday. USC head coach Steve Spurrier and Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney also will meet with Parker next week.

Beaufort LB Justin Parker revealed an updated top three in his recruiting diary in today's Beaufort Gazette, and it showed Clemson remaining as his favorite, but LSU moved ahead of USC into second with the Gamecocks third.

Parker made his official visit to LSU last weekend.

"I had a good time at LSU and while it strengthened where they were in my top three, all the schools are about equal at this point," Parker wrote.

Parker will meet with the head coaches of his top three this week. Steve Spurrier from USC will be in Thursday, Les Miles from LSU Friday and Dabo Swinney from Clemson Saturday. Parker had been considering Georgia Tech as well but wrote that he doubts their coaches will be in this week and he probably won't visit Georgia Tech this weekend.

Parker wrote that he expects each of the coaches to basically give him the speech.

"So, it's going to come down to me doing things like looking at the team's depth chart to see where I could fit in or writing out a list of likes and dislikes," Parker wrote. "And of course, the academic side is big, too. I'd say that by Tuesday morning, I'll have made up my mind so that I can have a clear head going into announcing my decision on Wednesday."

That announcement is scheduled for his school at 1 p.m.

LSU head coach Les Miles was scheduled for his in home visit with Beaufort LB Justin Parker Friday but had to cancel due to the weather. "He said they could make it in but they weren't sure they could make it back," Beaufort coach Mark Clifford said.

USC head coach Steve Spurrier and three assistants visited with Parker Thursday. Clifford said Parker told him the visit "went good." Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney and assistant Dan Brooks are scheduled for an in home visit with Parker around noon on Saturday. Parker will announce his choice Wednesday.

Clifford said the choice will come down to Clemson or USC which is where things have stood with Parker all along despite the push from LSU.

The in home visits are complete for Beaufort LB Justin Parker and he will announce his decision Wednesday at 3:00 PM at his school. Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney met with Parker for several hours on Saturday. Thursday, USC head coach Steve Spurrier was in for his visit.

As has been the case for Parker throughout the recruiting season, the decision has come down to the Tigers and Gamecocks. Last week Parker wrote in his weekly recruiting diary for the Beaufort Gazette that Clemson was his favorite.

He has not stated a favorite since the meetings with the two head coaches.

• 6 months later...