RB Corvin Lamb

His most impressive play that I saw (didn't watch all the vids) was the one where he split a couple of defenders and was stumbling a bit. One of the opposing players looks like he has an angle on him, but then Lamb got his feet under him and ran by the two defenders with angles. Showed some serious speed and burst.

Definitely need a game breaker like him and Carter.

I like his speed and athleticism.. but with the number of RB's we currently have on scholly and those we're picking up this year esp if we get Heard, I could see Lamb playing a position like CB rather than RB on our roster. I would see him falling behind Burkhead, Trey, Heard and Green on the roster.

His most impressive play that I saw (didn't watch all the vids) was the one where he split a couple of defenders and was stumbling a bit. One of the opposing players looks like he has an angle on him, but then Lamb got his feet under him and ran by the two defenders with angles. Showed some serious speed and burst.

I like his speed and athleticism.. but with the number of RB's we currently have on scholly and those we're picking up this year esp if we get Heard, I could see Lamb playing a position like CB rather than RB on our roster. I would see him falling behind Burkhead, Trey, Heard and Green on the roster.

:yeah

Would he come to Nebraska as a DB? I'm not so sure, especially since he has a nice list of schools who want him at RB. Does he even play DB in high school?

Would he come to Nebraska as a DB? I'm not so sure, especially since he has a nice list of schools who want him at RB. Does he even play DB in high school?

We wouldn't take him if we project him at DB...no need for it.

I must be watching something different on film bc I think this kid is a complete game changer. Of course if got Heard I don't think we would take him. He is a completely different back than Trey so you can't really say that he would be behind Trey and we haven't even landed Green yet and I don't like passing on someone in hope that you get a kid the next year. He could take a redshirt and compete for a ton of playing time as a redshirt frosh when Helu leaves. I know that would be the year that Green would be a frosh and if we land him I fully expect him to get at least 12-15 touches a game. With that said it's never a bad thing to have more than one or two backs that can take it the distance at any time.

I must be watching something different on film bc I think this kid is a complete game changer. Of course if got Heard I don't think we would take him. He is a completely different back than Trey so you can't really say that he would be behind Trey and we haven't even landed Green yet and I don't like passing on someone in hope that you get a kid the next year. He could take a redshirt and compete for a ton of playing time as a redshirt frosh when Helu leaves. I know that would be the year that Green would be a frosh and if we land him I fully expect him to get at least 12-15 touches a game. With that said it's never a bad thing to have more than one or two backs that can take it the distance at any time.

:yeah especially the part in bold

One of the things we could use him on would be as a Kickoff returner (didn't see any punt returns). You see in every single one of his returns he sees a hole and he hits it and keeps going, no dancing around just running downhill. That seems like what Paul has done this year to great efficiency, also throwing out what Harvin has done for Minnesota. They keep going forward and get yards for field position instead of trying to keep the play alive to try and break it (most of the time those plays don't go anywhere).

I will eat crow on this one as it appears he will visit in January and we are recruiting him rather hard.

Sorry. My sources were off on this one.

I'll say it again, I hate bringing south Florida recruits for visits in January... but hopefully the damn weather will warm up during his visit and we can get him N.

I will eat crow on this one as it appears he will visit in January and we are recruiting him rather hard.

Sorry. My sources were off on this one.

I'll say it again, I hate bringing south Florida recruits for visits in January... but hopefully the damn weather will warm up during his visit and we can get him N.

I think Levitt going Bob Knight on a player put us back in contention for a few kids. Not this one in particular though.

“I’m really interested to get to know coach Charlie Strong,” Corvin Lamb said about the new Louisville head coach. “I know he was the defensive coordinator at Florida and that speaks for itself. He’s a great coach.” Lamb, who has set a Jan. 8 official trip with the Cardinals, says he hasn’t spoken with coach Strong yet. The school that is recruiting Lamb the hardest is Mississippi State.

and he doesn't expect to decide anytime soon...