Castille..

I wonder if other big 12 schools will take a look... I think Mizzou is going to be on him like white on rice.

I have faith Bo had his reasons for dismissing him, but acting with NO regard for the Unity Council seems like a Callahan move to me... Bo, WTF?!

:wtf

Breeding negitivity like that especially now that we are in our second year of a coach that has thus far proved he has and will do what he says is not good for the board, fans or team right now. Bo has not given me a reason to doubt his ethics or decision making. He is here to do a job and if letting Q go is best for the team then im all for it. I wish him the best... but our coaching staff has a much broader look on where things stand with our depth, talent ect... than we do as fans and in that i will trust.

I want to say we will win the north but I will take it game to game and bleed husker red along the way I say we have had enough even on here so maybe its time to lock this thread and move on. just a thought....

Bo really hasnt proved anything beyond you better not make him mad or else. Did he ask TO for advice, which is something TO did do as a 2nd year coach? I think the rule infraction is so stupid that it would embarass Pelini to mention it publicly. Bo talks a good game, but I think his ego needs to be put in check. If Devaney were still around, TO would get a call... and then so would Bo.

Bo really hasnt proved anything beyond you better not make him mad or else. Did he ask TO for advice, which is something TO did do as a 2nd year coach? I think the rule infraction is so stupid that it would embarass Pelini to mention it publicly. Bo talks a good game, but I think his ego needs to be put in check. If Devaney were still around, TO would get a call... and then so would Bo.

wow. pass me whatever it is that you're smoking.

edit: on second thought, no don't pass that trash.

wow. pass me whatever it is that you're smoking.

edit: on second thought, no don't pass that trash.

yep, keep drinking the koolaid... its time for prayers.

How bout we lay off the coach. Maybe your forgetting how many times Q fumbled the ball last year and I think was on his way to doing again this year. It was just two weeks ago that the coaches made him carry a ball around 24/7 so obviously he had fumble issues in camp thus far.

How bout we lay off the coach. Maybe your forgetting how many times Q fumbled the ball last year and I think was on his way to doing again this year. It was just two weeks ago that the coaches made him carry a ball around 24/7 so obviously he had fumble issues in camp thus far.

I'm in no way blaming the coaches, and whatever happened is definitly Q's fault, but I would love to still have him around. He had a great game in the gator bowl and I believe he was going to have a great year as our number 2. Helu and Castille were the perfect combo imo. Helu talked Q up a lot in camp a lot. So this sucks, but that just means its time to step it Burkhead and others.

Q brought more than carrying the ball to the table... he RAN THROUGH PEOPLE and made them respect and fear him. I remember that recipe being used in the 90s that netted us 3 national titles.

besides, helu himself said Q made huge improvements carrying the ball and I quote "his hands are wired around the ball".

I am not saying Bo should be fired, but should seek advice before destroying some kids future because of a team rule. Not saying either its okay for rules to be broken, but even accused rapists get a 2nd chance to play. I think Bos ego is involved in this and it shouldnt be...

thats it for me kids, time to go drive the drop top mustang. 'Chaters!!

He had yet to fumble in fall camp, but thanks for playing. To pretend that losing Q isn't a big blow to our offensive plans this year is just that, pretending.

From a Helu interview

http://huskerextra.com/articles/2009/08/23...35458497323.txt

Asked to elaborate on his admiration of Castille’s play, Helu said, “Oh, man, he’s really good. Pass protection, he’s awesome. He wires his hands. His biggest thing was holding onto the ball, and he’s done that. He’s become more of a complete player. He hasn’t fumbled once in fall camp.”

Actually that drill was done by all of the backs, Tim Beck required it. Burkhead did it the day before Castille was supposed to do it, there was a short story on Burkhead being successful. As for hanging onto the ball this Fall, Helu recently just said that Castille has drastically improved in that area and hadn't fumbled at all this Fall. Helu said Castille was a better all around back right now than him, take that for what it is worth. However Castille was a very good blocker and that is something you replace overnight with Freshmen.

Woa where the hell have i been. When the hell did this happen. Talk about a johnny come lately. I just read through 6 screens of posts and my eyes are tired.

Losing Castille............ sucks but what can you do.

As far as bo, cummon giving the guy a hard time for being strict. Rules are rules. No matter how stupid or not they are the team rules. I hope we can fill in the position but i dont think 1 guy has the right to change the course of history. If hes not smart enough to play buy the rules and be part of this organization then he doesnt need to be part of this organization.

Q brought more than carrying the ball to the table... he RAN THROUGH PEOPLE and made them respect and fear him. I remember that recipe being used in the 90s that netted us 3 national titles.

besides, helu himself said Q made huge improvements carrying the ball and I quote "his hands are wired around the ball".

I am not saying Bo should be fired, but should seek advice before destroying some kids future because of a team rule. Not saying either its okay for rules to be broken, but even accused rapists get a 2nd chance to play. I think Bos ego is involved in this and it shouldnt be...

thats it for me kids, time to go drive the drop top mustang. 'Chaters!!

It's fairly obvious that whatever Q did, he was given chances. He was either sent home this summer or left on his own accord, but either way he mentioned having to earn back his teamates trust in the past week. Nobody definitely knows what happened other than Q and Bo. I'm sure he talked with TO about the situation, coaches rarely will dismiss or dole out serious discipline without talking to the AD.

Bo took 3-4 days to make a decision, he is protecting whatever Q did from the media, and even made it a point to call him a good kid and wish him luck. Q knew what he had to do to continue to be a part of Nebraska football, and made a choice not to do it.

well, i dropped off here yesterday afternoon and i am not surprised where this thread has gone now, i could have predicted it then.

throwing Pelini under the bus, when we have no idea what the issue entailed, whether TO was consulted (i would bet my life savings, he was)

or whether Q was given multiple warnings is just ridiculous.

we were all upset when Clownahan was here and nervous that we would have trouble replacing him, now we have Pelini (which i think we are damn lucky to have...) and there are those that want to blame him for a problem of Q's own making. i vote for Pelini, no one player is so valuable that it warrants compromising the integrity of the program...period, end of story.

I wonder if other big 12 schools will take a look... I think Mizzou is going to be on him like white on rice.

I have faith Bo had his reasons for dismissing him, but acting with NO regard for the Unity Council seems like a Callahan move to me... Bo, WTF?!

I may be mistaken, but I believe if you transfer in conference you lose an additional year of eligibility. I will look for a link on that.

I may be mistaken, but I believe if you transfer in conference you lose an additional year of eligibility. I will look for a link on that.

Yep, I was right. That should stop him from going to Mizzou or a rival in conference.

Robert Marve's troubles with Miami, Randy Shannon highlight problems of transferring

By JORGE MILIAN

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Saturday, January 10, 2009

When a University of Oklahoma football player wants to transfer, there's very little drama that comes along with it.

"''Let him go where ever he wants to,' is pretty much all I can remember saying," Sooners coach Bob Stoops said. "I don't much care where they go."

etc...........

Conferences have their own restrictions regarding transfers. The Big 12, for instance, requires athletes who move from one of its conference schools to another to sit out two seasons before they can receive a scholarship.

Big East athletes participating in football, men's basketball and women's basketball cannot transfer within the conference under any circumstances. The ACC prohibits inter-conference transfers for one year.

Those policies have created a backlash from some critics who accuse the NCAA and its member schools of a double standard. They point out that head and assistant coaches often move between in-conference schools without penalty.

I see your point and agree wild speculation isn't good, but the underlying reason Castille got kicked off isn't a huge secret. I do wish him the best in the future

So are you saying that the drug test(s) story is correct?

Props to the original poster for the news updates. As others have said, this place would be really boring if all anyone did was regurgitate newpaper articles.

p.s. This really sucks. The backfield better stay healthy or we've got some serious problems. I know that Bo swings a big bat, but I have to wonder why there couldn't have been a suspension at some point(as a "wake up call") before the dismissal. Grrrrrrrrrr