Does it worry anybody...

Don't worry I was accused of being a K State fan and a troll on my first day too. You have to be careful not to say anything remotely negative or you'll get that on here. Don't even be realistic. Just extremely, extremely positive. Because if we pretend it's going to be alright, it will be.

:laughpound

So true.

Troll

This conversation will be much more relevant come February, but I think people are lying if they won't at least recognize that we are having to work harder to get commits from kids than OK state seems to have to do. I think people are kidding themselves if they think this is completely unreflective of program perception and recruiting strategies.

OK state's recruiting class seems to be very similar to our class last year, but they don't seem to have to work as hard to get commits. Everyone says that that is no big deal, since some of them might not end up there, but I am pretty sure we have one soft commit right now and have already lost a commit to another school. how many have reneged on OK state so far this year?

I agree. I don't think we have a bad class so far, but I think we could be doing better to gain some of the really good players that are leaning elsewhere. Luckily Curtis Carter is virtually a lock (4 star) and we'll get a few others like him, but I don't see a stellar class this year. Next year, though, with the potential of Aaron Green and Tyler Moore (both 5 stars) we could have an excellent class. I hope we do well enough this year on the field and in recruiting next year to pull them.

Not everything posted is about you.... I didnt pay much attention to what you posted to be honest. I gave a pretty general idea of how things work.. thats about it.

You didn't pay much attention to what I wrote and yet you quoted me? Guess what - when you quote someone, it's assumed your reply is to them.

Read what i said. I said not everything posted is about you. Just because I quote your message doesn't mean my entire post is about what you said. It's a general response. Calm down.

Well, I'd venture to say that OKstate has mattered more than we have the past few years. If we played OK state this year, even at home, what would everyone consider our odds of winning? One thing Bo has said is that winning games and recruiting go hand in hand.

Okie State is an up and coming program, we would and will be in the future hard pressed to win games against them. to deny that is not facing reality, they are recruiting, coaching and playing well.

Well, I'd venture to say that OKstate has mattered more than we have the past few years. If we played OK state this year, even at home, what would everyone consider our odds of winning? One thing Bo has said is that winning games and recruiting go hand in hand.

Okie State is an up and coming program, we would and will be in the future hard pressed to win games against them. to deny that is not facing reality, they are recruiting, coaching and playing well.

You know Hunter, based on your mostly negative/pessimistic posts, sometimes I imagine you as one who constantly has a dark, ominous storm cloud over your head which is always pouring down rain.

It's still Oklahoma State. The Cowboys are the type of team that only plays well when they can sneak up on people. When they're the favorite and expected to win that's when they fail-their entire history in the Big 8 and 12 proves that. To deny that is not facing reality.

Furthermore, Nebraska is on the way back up; they almost beat Texas Tech last year and the Red Raiders had two of the best offensive players in the nation. This season the Huskers get both OU and TT in Lincoln and they should go 1-1 at the minimum.

You know Hunter, based on your mostly negative/pessimistic posts, sometimes I imagine you as one who constantly has a dark, ominous storm cloud over your head which is always pouring down rain.

It's still Oklahoma State. The Cowboys are the type of team that only plays well when they can sneak up on people. When they're the favorite and expected to win that's when they fail-their entire history in the Big 8 and 12 proves that. To deny that is not facing reality.

Furthermore, Nebraska is on the way back up; they almost beat Texas Tech last year and the Red Raiders had two of the best offensive players in the nation. This season the Huskers get both OU and TT in Lincoln and they should go 1-1 at the minimum.

well Jen, that's special of you to offer your analogy, but the fact of the matter is quite simple. Okie State is a contender, as i said they have a lot going for them right now. didn't say we are not improving, but there are lots of missing pieces in our puzzle (one glaring piece is our inability to recruit well at this juncture) and this is only Bo's 2nd year at reviving this program, with lots of questions still to answer. once we start winning the North and putting up some signature victories, then i will drink the koolaid as well, until then this team has a long way to go, but i do like the direction, so far. no storm clouds over me, just a little reality about the improvement of other Big 12 teams.....in case you haven't noticed.

well Jen, that's special of you to offer your analogy, but the fact of the matter is quite simple. Okie State is a contender, as i said they have a lot going for them right now. didn't say we are not improving, but there are lots of missing pieces in our puzzle (one glaring piece is our inability to recruit well at this juncture) and this is only Bo's 2nd year at reviving this program, with lots of questions still to answer. once we start winning the North and putting up some signature victories, then i will drink the koolaid as well, until then this team has a long way to go, but i do like the direction, so far. no storm clouds over me, just a little reality about the improvement of other Big 12 teams.....in case you haven't noticed.

Well I would classify Nebraska in the improving category as well.

There are two ways to look at the scenario:

1) Nebraska didn't beat anybody special last year and they lost big to OU and MU.

Or,

2) They came ooooh so close to beating both the Tech's last season-which would've been huge.

Now I get the fact that in '09 Nebraska is breaking in a new, and unproven, QB and there are questions at WR, LB and both S spots.

However, the Huskers aren't as far behind OU and UT as some people think. Furthermore, based on the way the 'Skers played against the Tech's I'd say they are at least equal to TT and OSU.

Just my .02.

Texas Tech and Oklahoma State were overrated last year. The bowl games showed that, but it should have been apparent before then. However, I would be delighted if Nebraska could manage that this year and parlay that into 2011 being the best recruiting class in 10 years, but we shall see.

I didn't expect much from this class so I am not terribly worried. Having a QB and a couple of O lineman locked in helps.

At this point, if you are ranking the strenght of teams in the conference OSU is higher than us. "TO deny that is not facing reality," imo. I think we have a chance to get back infront of them both this year and next, and eventually something like this will/should be of no concern to us, just like it was. But seriously, if OSU were in the north instead of us, what would this year's projections look like?

At this point, if you are ranking the strenght of teams in the conference OSU is higher than us. "TO deny that is not facing reality," imo. I think we have a chance to get back infront of them both this year and next, and eventually something like this will/should be of no concern to us, just like it was. But seriously, if OSU were in the north instead of us, what would this year's projections look like?

So you're worried about preseason projections? Play the games and let's see what happens. Most times those projections are wrong.

So you're worried about preseason projections? Play the games and let's see what happens. Most times those projections are wrong.

oh come on. I was making a point. Since that doesn't work lets just go to how the last to OSU vs. NU games turned out, where each team has been in rankings last few years, who has beat more quality opponents, etc.

Ok, now I'm starting to feel sick like I'm some OSU fan or something.