Does it worry anybody...

At this point, if you are ranking the strenght of teams in the conference OSU is higher than us. "TO deny that is not facing reality," imo. I think we have a chance to get back infront of them both this year and next, and eventually something like this will/should be of no concern to us, just like it was. But seriously, if OSU were in the north instead of us, what would this year's projections look like?

So you're worried about preseason projections? Play the games and let's see what happens. Most times those projections are wrong.

oh come on. I was making a point. Since that doesn't work lets just go to how the last to OSU vs. NU games turned out, where each team has been in rankings last few years, who has beat more quality opponents, etc.

Ok, now I'm starting to feel sick like I'm some OSU fan or something.

I completely understand what you are saying and I'll simply counter with the following points...

1. Different years.

2. Different teams.

3. Different coaching staffs.

4. Different mentality.

5. In '08 the team clearly progressed and became better as the season went along.

(Which was something you could NEVER say about Huskers under the former staff.)

I'm calm. It's okay, it's a hard concept to understand. If you don't care to respond to me, don't quote me.

I'll make sure to put something to separate what i post to you and what isn't directed at you when quoting you from now on.. most people can figure it out...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the other note.. 1st game hasn't even been played yet. No need to worry. With victories will come committs

At this point, if you are ranking the strenght of teams in the conference OSU is higher than us. "TO deny that is not facing reality," imo. I think we have a chance to get back infront of them both this year and next, and eventually something like this will/should be of no concern to us, just like it was. But seriously, if OSU were in the north instead of us, what would this year's projections look like?

So you're worried about preseason projections? Play the games and let's see what happens. Most times those projections are wrong.

oh come on. I was making a point. Since that doesn't work lets just go to how the last to OSU vs. NU games turned out, where each team has been in rankings last few years, who has beat more quality opponents, etc.

Ok, now I'm starting to feel sick like I'm some OSU fan or something.

I completely understand what you are saying and I'll simply counter with the following points...

1. Different years.

2. Different teams.

3. Different coaching staffs.

4. Different mentality.

5. In '08 the team clearly progressed and became better as the season went along.

(Which was something you could NEVER say about Huskers under the former staff.)

but we are talking about recruiting here, and the perception of recruits. So at best the recruits are smart enough to not group the current staff with the old one, but even then you have a team that has been consistently decent for a few years versus one that had a pretty impressive but not amazing first year.