SIGNED OT Tyler Moore

chamrocck

Why does his ranking matter anyways?

It doesn't matter at all on the field. Moore will play the same whether he is given 5 stars or 2 stars. It doesn't change who he is.

However, a 5 star can build hype and theoretically make for a more successful recruiting class as far as luring other talented recruits.

I can buy that, although none of our previous 5* kids have made an impact on the recruiting trail. Maybe it will be different with 2 good o-linemen and a good QB on board early. However, recruits recruiting for us have back fired in the past.

It doesn't matter at all on the field. Moore will play the same whether he is given 5 stars or 2 stars. It doesn't change who he is.

However, a 5 star can build hype and theoretically make for a more successful recruiting class as far as luring other talented recruits.

I can buy that, although none of our previous 5* kids have made an impact on the recruiting trail. Maybe it will be different with 2 good o-linemen and a good QB on board early. However, recruits recruiting for us have back fired in the past.

I'd agree but our recent 5 star recruits were a RB, a DL (I guess at the time he was DL/OL) and a DB. I'm hoping that a 5 star OL, a high 4 star OL, and a 4 star QB will convince running backs (Aaron Green?!) and wide receivers that all we need is THEIR help . . . we're set everywhere else. However, that's probably just me dreaming.

Because a 5* player has a 1 in 15 chance of being an All-American vs. a 1 in 145 chance across the board. I'd say his chance is even slightly better than the 1 in 15 at NU, so if he's good enough to earn that 5th star, I'm going to be a very happy camper because since he's never put on a uniform - odds are all we have to go by.

Over the last 8 years that was what happened (or whatever the time frame was for that article). Past performance does not guarantee future results.

And as others have said, he's still the same player no matter how the services rate him.

I'd agree but our recent 5 star recruits were a RB, a DL (I guess at the time he was DL/OL) and a DB. I'm hoping that a 5 star OL, a high 4 star OL, and a 4 star QB will convince running backs (Aaron Green?!) and wide receivers that all we need is THEIR help . . . we're set everywhere else. However, that's probably just me dreaming.

fromm 2002 as far back as rivals shows their rankings we have had 5 :star:star:star:star:star :

2002-Demarrio Williams

2005-Zac Bowman, Marlon Lucky

2006-Andre Jones

2008-Baker Steinkuhler

out of those, 3 were great as a husker, one is young and hasnt played much, and one was over hyped.

fromm 2002 as far back as rivals shows their rankings we have had 5 :star:star:star:star:star :

2002-Demarrio Williams

2006-Andre Jones

2008-Baker Steinkuhler

out of those, 3 were great as a husker, one is young and hasnt played much, and one was over hyped.

i don't know if i'd call bowman "great" at NU, though he obviously had the potential to be. he was pretty good by the end of his first season (2005), then was never really healthy for us again.

i'd say only demorrio and marlon lived up to the stars (though marlon's career might be more in line with expectations for a high four star). bowman was a solid contributor for parts of two seasons (started 9 games total) and jones also made a significant contribution, despite some obvious struggles (like never seeing a double move he wouldn't bite on). i'd give both a ranking of three stars, after the fact. too soon to call on baker, but the early returns look promising.

2002-Demarrio Williams

2006-Andre Jones

2008-Baker Steinkuhler

i don't know if i'd call bowman "great" at NU, though he obviously had the potential to be. he was pretty good by the end of his first season (2005), then was never really healthy for us again.

i'd say only demorrio and marlon lived up to the stars (though marlon's career might be more in line with expectations for a high four star). bowman was a solid contributor for parts of two seasons (started 9 games total) and jones also made a significant contribution, despite some obvious struggles (like never seeing a double move he wouldn't bite on). i'd give both a ranking of three stars, after the fact. too soon to call on baker, but the early returns look promising.

I agree basically with dylan, but it was REALLY, REALLY hard for these guys to overcome the coaching they were getting!!!! I think Marlon did well, but think he could have done better now with a coach like Bo who would have pushed him harder. And there is NOOOOOOOOOOOOO doubt that Bowman and Jones would have been much better under the current system. The coaching those guys were getting was complete shiat!

I wish, but I will bet you not. Westerman is the stud O-lineman and he will be in top 10, but Moore I would say Top 50 somewhere.

Would disagree. Westerman is solid, a top 25, but so is Moore. Moore has faster feet than Westerman- speed can't be coached.

Well, I'd hate to say I was right, but it happens so few times, I guess I will. However, I will say these rankings are both basically Scout rankings and I am not a real fan of Scout and their rankings. So for what it's worth.

Moore in ESPN top 150

Scout has Westerman at :star:star:star:star:star currently the #13 overall 2011 player, and the #2 OT.

Tyler Moore has already faced off against one of the best DE's in the country in James Wilder, Jr. If anyone is unfamiliar with this kid, let's just say Wilder is the Ronald Powell of the 2011 recruiting class. Wilder is ranked #15 overall and #2 at DE on Scout. He'll likely be a Top 5-10 overall prospect on Rivals as well.

Read what Moore had to say about his match-up against Wilder.

How to block James Wilder … by Tyler Moore

Posted on Tuesday, Dec. 15, 2009 at 10:10 p.m.

By Keith Niebuhr

Few high school defensive players have wreaked as much havoc this fall as Plant's James Wilder, one of the state's truly elite ends. Entering Friday's Class 5A final against Bradenton Manatee, Wilder (also a talented RB) has 125 total tackles with 17 sacks.

How do you block this guy?

For the answer, we asked Countryside OT Tyler Moore, a Nebraska commit who had a good amount of success against Wilder in a recent playoff loss to the Panthers. Here's what he said opposing linemen must do to keep the talented 6-foot-3, 220-pounder at bay:

- "One of the main things is to make sure you get a hat on him because he's so quick. Even when he's on the backside of a play, he'll track people down."

- "Be ready to hit him because he's a big guy and he's not a pushover. He'll move you out of the way when he's getting to the ball."

- "On pass blocking, be ready. He's really quick. And he's also really strong. Be ready to move your feet because he can run by you any time he wants to. You've got to be quick."

- "On run blocking, once you hit him, keep going, keep moving your feet. He's not real good at shedding blocks."

LINK

This was the build-up article heading into the game between Moore & Wilder.

Clash of the titans: Tyler Moore vs. James Wilder

Posted on Thursday, Dec. 3, 2009 at 9:51 a.m.

By Keith Niebuhr

Countryside OT Tyler Moore, one of the country's most heralded juniors, says he loves competing against the best.

"I always want that challenge," Moore said.

This week, he'll get his wish.

When Moore's Cougars play host to nationally ranked Plant on Friday in the third round of the Class 5A playoffs, the 6-foot-6, 290-pound tackle is likely to go head-to-head against junior DE James Wilder Jr., who like Moore is considered an elite prospect.

Based on current buzz from various recruiting Web sites, it wouldn't be a shock if each ends up being a five-star recruit next year. Earlier this fall, Scout.com, one of the country's most well-known recruiting sites, named both players to its list of the best 100 junior football players.

Moore already has committed to Nebraska (where his father played), choosing the Cornhuskers over programs such as Florida, Florida State, Miami, Ohio State and Stanford.

The 6-foot-3, 220-pound Wilder, son of Buccaneers legend James Wilder Sr., already has about 30 scholarship offers, including ones from Florida, Tennessee and LSU. Southern California is another school that has shown serious interest.

Typically, opposing teams have lined up their top defensive end on the opposite side of the field from Moore, Countryside coach John Davis said. But Moore, who anchors arguably the area's best offensive line, doesn't think that will happen Friday.

And he's cool with that.

"I'm really hoping to go against someone of my caliber," Moore said.

If anyone is up to the task, it might be Wilder.

He leads a dominant Plant defense with 16 sacks.

"He's really a great athlete," Moore said.

LINK