SIGNED OT Tyler Moore

chamrocck

I expect Tyler to see some playing time as a true freshman behind Jermarcus Hardrick at Left Tackle since Hardrick will be a Senior when Moore is a Freshman. Both of these men have the potential to help pull in future 4 & 5* OL recruits the same way Suh has for our DL this year.

i'd say that depends greatly on the development of sirles, coffey and moudy. i can't foresee moore beating out seniors hardrick or marcel for a starting spot as a true freshman. however, if there are injuries or a lack of development from the young guys listed above, i suppose he could play as a back-up just to be ready to start in 2012. even then, i don't know. you have to be a super freak to play well as a true frosh OL, particularly on a unit that's starting to rebuild some quality depth of talent, and at the expense of a potentially dominant 5th year...i wouldn't bet on it.

perhaps it's already been said, but is there a chance tyler enrolls early? that certainly wouldn't hurt.

I expect Tyler to see some playing time as a true freshman behind Jermarcus Hardrick at Left Tackle since Hardrick will be a Senior when Moore is a Freshman. Both of these men have the potential to help pull in future 4 & 5* OL recruits the same way Suh has for our DL this year.

i'd say that depends greatly on the development of sirles, coffey and moudy. i can't foresee moore beating out seniors hardrick or marcel for a starting spot as a true freshman. however, if there are injuries or a lack of development from the young guys listed above, i suppose he could play as a back-up just to be ready to start in 2012. even then, i don't know. you have to be a super freak to play well as a true frosh OL, particularly on a unit that's starting to rebuild some quality depth of talent, and at the expense of a potentially dominant 5th year...i wouldn't bet on it.

perhaps it's already been said, but is there a chance tyler enrolls early? that certainly wouldn't hurt.

I believe Moore will enroll in January.

Also . . . if a true freshman (no matter how talented he looks in high school) is starting on your OL . . . well you've probably got some problems.

Also . . . if a true freshman (no matter how talented he looks in high school) is starting on your OL . . . well you've probably got some problems.

I would agree. Like I said earlier though, it is not at all out of the question to think this kid could see some time his frosh year. Dan Hoch from Mizzou did it on a pretty good Mizzou team Chase Daniel's senior year. I am not at all implying that he will start. Just saying that I can see him playing some snaps. He will be here in January which will help him out. We should start putting * next to the kids that will be here in January.

I never said he would be the starter. I said that he could see SOME playing time as a true freshman. If that means garbage time, then so be it. I expect him to be in the mix behind Hardrick on the depth chart. It's just an intuition that I have about him. As was already mentioned, he'll benefit greatly when he enrolls early in Jan. 2011.

Jaivorio saw playing time as a true freshman. If he's talented enough, he can do it.

Jaivario played in a year that we completely emploded as well. He played because a freshman couldnt possibly do any worse than anyone else. I do see what you are saying though.

Not necessarily. It could mean just the opposite. The great thing about Pelini's philosophy is that "the best men" will see the field regardless of seniority.

Jaivorio saw playing time as a true freshman. If he's talented enough, he can do it.

Jaivario played in a year that we completely emploded as well. He played because a freshman couldnt possibly do any worse than anyone else. I do see what you are saying though.

exactly. moore appears to be coming in to a situation where we have talent and quality depth. that was not the case when javario arrived, though he was still an impressive talent.

if moore is good enough to start as a freshman, i'm all for it. i just can't see it happening given our current depth chart. the real question is what to do if he's not good enough to start but is the best back-up. i would imagine you treat it like when incognito was a freshman, let him practice with the ones, but 'shirt him unless there is an injury to a starter early in the year.

then again, our coaches do seem to be somewhat open to the idea that if a kid really wants to get on the field as a true freshman AND can earn the snaps, even as a back-up, they'll let him.

It's not very often that we see someone of this caliber enroll early and then not play as a freshman. If he his here in January he has every intention of playing as a true fresh IMHO. I'm doubtful it will be much, but I expect him to play some. If he had any doubt about playing he'd probably just come in with the rest of his class. A January enrollee that redshirts ends up in the program for almost 6 years. I don't see that happening with Moore.

• 2 months later...

Ranked 17th best OT by ESPNU.

They only ranked the top 16 all others are listed as #17.

Gotcha!

He is ranked too low. Compared to some of the tackles above him he is a far better run blocker and a solid pass blocker. IMO he should be top 10.