J.T. Kerr

cmb23

Just curious if anyone knows or has heard anything on this kid? (#89 6'4" 245 Freshman TE). My uncle coached him in basketball in Fallbrook until he transferred to Scripps. Obviously we are pretty deep at TE, but my uncle was just wondering if I knew how he was doing.

Edit: Never mind...I checked the roster at huskerpedia.com and he's still listed there...:dunno

Just curious if anyone knows or has heard anything on this kid? (#89 6'4" 245 Freshman TE). My uncle coached him in basketball in Fallbrook until he transferred to Scripps. Obviously we are pretty deep at TE, but my uncle was just wondering if I knew how he was doing.

I think, and I very well could be wrong, he left the team.

No J.T. is still on the team. The JUCO TE Tyson Hetzer left.

? Didn't he just get here?

+1 and +1 and +1

I guess in this instant society nowadays and with Rivals/Scout pimping and pumping these kids up so much there is no time for development. They ALL must be complete studs once arriving upon campus.

I don't mean to digress and this doesn't relate to Kerr, but it's funny how things shake out (attrition/adversity) during the span of a college career. Case in point Cory Ross. The guy is stacked way at the back at number 8, he develops, doesn't complain, keeps working and slowly but surely the list is widdled away. Numbers of I-backs transfer out in front of him on the depth chart and he keeps going. Cally recruits 5 + 4 :star RBs his senior year to unseat him and he keeps going strong.

Our best o-lineman on this years 2009 team was a greyshirt. Not deemed good enough to get a full ride straight out of HS.

I believe there are the same amount of unheralded players all throughout CFB that go on to have steady to great careers then the ones with all the stars a blazing by there names that transfer out never to be heard from again like the Becks and Leon Jacksons of CFB.

The one thing the services don't incorporate into rankings is the players work ethic and once they hit campus and face adversity, what do they do??

+1 and +1 and +1

I guess in this instant society nowadays and with Rivals/Scout pimping and pumping these kids up so much there is no time for development. They ALL must be complete studs once arriving upon campus.

I don't mean to digress and this doesn't relate to Kerr, but it's funny how things shake out (attrition/adversity) during the span of a college career. Case in point Cory Ross. The guy is stacked way at the back at number 8, he develops, doesn't complain, keeps working and slowly but surely the list is widdled away. Numbers of I-backs transfer out in front of him on the depth chart and he keeps going. Cally recruits 5 + 4 :star RBs his senior year to unseat him and he keeps going strong.

Our best o-lineman on this years 2009 team was a greyshirt. Not deemed good enough to get a full ride straight out of HS.

I believe there are the same amount of unheralded players all throughout CFB that go on to have steady to great careers then the ones with all the stars a blazing by there names that transfer out never to be heard from again like the Becks and Leon Jacksons of CFB.

The one thing the services don't incorporate into rankings is the players work ethic and once they hit campus and face adversity, what do they do??

I’m confused on where this is coming from? :dunno

I would assume since we have 900 TE’s (11 really) on the roster that Kerr will redshirt. I could be wrong though.

I think, and I very well could be wrong, he left the team.

No J.T. is still on the team. The JUCO TE Tyson Hetzer left.

Dang it, you quoted me before I had a chance to edit my post! (I really should've checked the roster before commenting.) :dumdum

Ah...thank you. I knew there was a TE who had left-I just couldn't remember who it was.

+1 and +1 and +1

I would assume since we have 900 TE’s (11 really) on the roster that Kerr will redshirt. I could be wrong though.

Um...yeah...no kidding. I wasn't asking if he was starting or why he isn't getting reps with the first team. I was just wondering if anyone had heard how the kid was doing as a freshman on the team so I could let my uncle know. Nebraska fans...the greatest...and testiest...fans in college football!!!

+1 and +1 and +1

Like you, I'm stating and assuming Kerr will redshirt.

Sorry to place a tangent in this thread, I was going off on people's instant expectations on players. Also on player's instant expectations of themselves and what happens to those that face adversity, how they handle it and how hard they work to get better. It's a unique process.

Um...yeah...no kidding. I wasn't asking if he was starting or why he isn't getting reps with the first team. I was just wondering if anyone had heard how the kid was doing as a freshman on the team so I could let my uncle know. Nebraska fans...the greatest...and testiest...fans in college football!!!

Sorry, my post wasn't meant to be a threadcrapper or a downer. It was a bad tangent but something to think about.

? Didn't he just get here?

+1 and +1 and +1

actually, my comment wasn't directed towards the OP, it was because someone (no names) had said he possibly left the team, and then edited the comment later.