Herbies

I don't remember anything from Herb during his "meltdown" that was unprofessional considering his line of work. He is paid to give his opinions, not stare straight faced into the camera and sound like a robot. And what the Nebraska fans that stuck around to taunt/insult Herb did after the show was just plain pathetic.

So you're griping about some drunk idiots? Aren't there bigger windmills you could tilt at?

And to further poke holes in this nonsense, Miami had pretty much the same team back in 2002, they again had several unimpressive wins, and they were incapable of defending their title.

If this is such a great team, where are there other titles? That Husker team won another one in 1994 and damned near had one in 1993, missing by a field goal.

As impressive as that roster looks, their resume isn't up to par with the 1995 Husker team's.

This debate is absurd. It's not even close.

They were screwed out of a title game shot in 2000, and in 2002 were a bullsh#t pass interference call in OT from defending their title.

Why would such a good team even be in those circumstances? If they're so good, why should they be playing games that are so close?

I don't remember anything from Herb during his "meltdown" that was unprofessional considering his line of work. He is paid to give his opinions, not stare straight faced into the camera and sound like a robot. And what the Nebraska fans that stuck around to taunt/insult Herb did after the show was just plain pathetic.

So you're griping about some drunk idiots? Aren't there bigger windmills you could tilt at?

Aren't there bigger windmills people could tilt at other than some myth that a TV personality hates the Huskers, despite proof every season he (they if you include May, the other frequent target) don't?

Aren't there bigger windmills people could tilt at othen than some myth that a TV personality hates the Huskers, despite proof every season he (they if you include May, the other frequent target) don't?

If you've got something else to talk about, fire away. People get bored.

You're going to find this exact same conversation on Penn State boards, Texas boards, USC boards, Missouri boards, Middle Tennessee State boards, etc. It's a universal belief and you're not going to stamp it out no matter how righteously indignant you get.

Husker fans should be well aware of that 01 Miami team. Look up that roster and tell me with a straight face that

a Tommie Frazier led Huskers team would compete with that team

I didn't suddenly lose my eyesight during 2001, home boy. I know very well what that team was made of. They were VERY good, I'm not saying they weren't. But that 95 team was better. I have zero problem saying that.

Look who that team played in 2001 - Nobody, Nobody, Nobody, Nobody, #14 FSU, Nobody, Nobody, Nobody, #14 Syracuse, #12 Washington, #14 VA Tech, then a pretender #4 Nebraska team on a tailspin. Despite playing a very weak schedule, they have... zero stellar wins. You're going to hang your hat on what? 38-0 over Temple? 61-0 over Rutgers?

The MNC game, where they beat a disaster of a Husker team 37-14?

Come on. That 2001 Miami team was full of future NFL players. We're talking COLLEGE football, though, not NFL. When you get down to it, the 95 Husker's resume is far, far better than 2001 Miami.

And it's not even close.

PS: Tommie Frazier >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ken Dorsey

I agree that the 95' Huskers would beat the 01' Hurricanes, but come on? The 2001 Huskers weren't a disaster by any means. I'd compare them more to the 93' or 96' teams. They historically were one of our better teams. Whether or not they should have been in the NC game is debateable and for another time.

In terms of the 95' Huskers not being able to run on the 01' Hurricanes, the 2001 Huskers put up just over 4 yards per carry on them. Had it not been for the 4 fumbles in which we lost 2, the game might have been closer. It wasn't the running that let us down in 2001. Rather, it was our passing game that just wasn't there. Crouch only completed 5 out of 15 passes and threw an INT. The 95' Huskers would have won the game against the 2001 Hurricanes.

While the 2001 Hurricanes did have 10 first rounders in the draft, it doesn't equate to them being the best TEAM. I believe the 94' CU Buff's had either 6 or 7 first rounders in the draft, yet they were humiliated by Nebraska and its second string QB. Under Cooper, Ohio State sent the most players to the NFL. Yet, they never won a NC under him. Talent only takes you so far in a team sport.

They were screwed out of a title game shot in 2000, and in 2002 were a bullsh#t pass interference call in OT from defending their title.

They weren't screwed. They lost a game, just like FSU.

Edit: Oh, and Larry Coker was a terrible coach. The 1995 nebraska coaching staff was light years ahead of 2001 Miami.

Ken Dorsey had a similar college career to Tommie Frazier.

I'm talking about success and winning

So Ken Dorsey won two national titles, was screwed out of the Heisman and is regularly referenced as "one of the greatest QB's to ever play college football?"

Don't forget MVP of 3 National Title games (The only player to do so). Even the Tebow child can't say that...

I agree that the 95' Huskers would beat the 01' Hurricanes, but come on? The 2001 Huskers weren't a disaster by any means. I'd compare them more to the 93' or 96' teams. They historically were one of our better teams. Whether or not they should have been in the NC game is debateable and for another time.

In terms of the 95' Huskers not being able to run on the 01' Hurricanes, the 2001 Huskers put up just over 4 yards per carry on them. Had it not been for the 4 fumbles in which we lost 2, the game might have been closer. It wasn't the running that let us down in 2001. Rather, it was our passing game that just wasn't there. Crouch only completed 5 out of 15 passes and threw an INT. The 95' Huskers would have won the game against the 2001 Hurricanes.

While the 2001 Hurricanes did have 10 first rounders in the draft, it doesn't equate to them being the best TEAM. I believe the 94' CU Buff's had either 6 or 7 first rounders in the draft, yet they were humiliated by Nebraska and its second string QB. Under Cooper, Ohio State sent the most players to the NFL. Yet, they never won a NC under him. Talent only takes you so far in a team sport.

"Disaster" is an interpretation. We certainly weren't on top of our game against Colorado and Miami. We were toeing the precipice, ready to dive off. Or we had just dove off and were looking back at the top of the cliff. One of those analogies is probably better. But whatever.

The point is, you're exactly right about that Miami team, and what 95 Nebraska would do to them. If we were able to run on them in 2001 with that O Line and those RBs, imagine what we could have done with The Pipeline, and Ahman and LP. Unreal.

Again, I just don't see how anyone can claim that 2001 Miami team was better. I've got a buddy who's a huge Hurricanes fan, and he has no qualms about admitting the 95 team was the best ever.

Then again, he knows college football pretty well.

Aren't there bigger windmills people could tilt at othen than some myth that a TV personality hates the Huskers, despite proof every season he (they if you include May, the other frequent target) don't?

You're going to find this exact same conversation on Penn State boards, Texas boards, USC boards, Missouri boards, Middle Tennessee State boards, etc. It's a universal belief and you're not going to stamp it out no matter how righteously indignant you get.

That someone from ESPN hates their team? No doubt. But since people here still seem to think and post about some from ESPN hating us, I will continue to post the counter argument.

Btw, I just went back and watched Herb's "meltdown" to refresh my memory and make sure I remembered correctly. lol...meltdown, ok...

Well he did have that on-air, embarrassing, petulant and absurd anti-Nebraska meltdown when they were discussing the greatest teams of all time.

And then he came here to do Gameday and Husker fans embarrassed themselves by acting like children after the show was over.

But the whole myth that Herb/May/whoever is the new fotm hates Nebraska is ridiculous. Invariably there is always something positive said from that person during the season, and when it's brought up, the myth supporters either suddenly disappear or respond with, "Well, of course they say something positive every once in a while." Give me a f'ing break.

Uh, yeah. Of those two groups, Herbstreit and Husker Fans, which one is obligated by professionalism not to display that kind of behavior?

BS.

"COME ON!" When 71 Nebraska is voted past 85 Penn State.. That's not unprofessional?

"If I see one more red N in the next part of this vote I'm boycotting this segment" That's not unprofessional?

"I'm trying to figure out how we couldn't get the '97 Nebraska team in there" That's not unprofessional?

"This is ridiculous! '04 USC losing to the '71 Nebraska team. '05 TEXAS losing to the '71 Nebraska team. .... I get that but every one of these teams? '01 Miami, '04 USC, '05 Texas? You're not going to throw one of them a bone? *throws paper in disgust* Just one of em!?" Lemme guess, that's a COMPLETELY professional act?

If that's the case that's a bunch of bull.. Just because he doesn't agree doesn't mean he has to act like a child over it, which is what he did. He acted like a damn child. He said multiple times that he disagreed with it and there is nothing wrong with that. He can still question it and bring up his points, but it's the WAY he did it.. and that's what was unprofessional.

He's a freaking NATIONAL ANALYST for God's sake.. Just because someone disagrees with him doesn't mean his 'line of work' requires him to go into 'act like a fifth grader' mode....

Well he did have that on-air, embarrassing, petulant and absurd anti-Nebraska meltdown when they were discussing the greatest teams of all time.

And then he came here to do Gameday and Husker fans embarrassed themselves by acting like children after the show was over.

But the whole myth that Herb/May/whoever is the new fotm hates Nebraska is ridiculous. Invariably there is always something positive said from that person during the season, and when it's brought up, the myth supporters either suddenly disappear or respond with, "Well, of course they say something positive every once in a while." Give me a f'ing break.

Uh, yeah. Of those two groups, Herbstreit and Husker Fans, which one is obligated by professionalism not to display that kind of behavior?

BS.

"COME ON!" When 71 Nebraska is voted past 85 Penn State.. That's not unprofessional?

"If I see one more red N in the next part of this vote I'm boycotting this segment" That's not unprofessional?

"I'm trying to figure out how we couldn't get the '97 Nebraska team in there" That's not unprofessional?

"This is ridiculous! '04 USC losing to the '71 Nebraska team. '05 TEXAS losing to the '71 Nebraska team. .... I get that but every one of these teams? '01 Miami, '04 USC, '05 Texas? You're not going to throw one of them a bone? *throws paper in disgust* Just one of em!?" Lemme guess, that's a COMPLETELY professional act?

If that's the case that's a bunch of bull.. Just because he doesn't agree doesn't mean he has to act like a child over it, which is what he did. He acted like a damn child. He said multiple times that he disagreed with it and there is nothing wrong with that. He can still question it and bring up his points, but it's the WAY he did it.. and that's what was unprofessional.

He's a freaking NATIONAL ANALYST for God's sake.. Just because someone disagrees with him doesn't mean his 'line of work' requires him to go into 'act like a fifth grader' mode....

I just watched it. I saw nothing unprofessional considering what he's paid to do. I also didn't see anything malicious or anything other than a good natured argument that got a little heated. I never saw him look like he was seriously going to boycott the show or anything else.

That someone from ESPN hates their team? No doubt. But since people here still seem to think and post about some from ESPN hating us, I will continue to post the counter argument.

Btw, I just went back and watched Herb's "meltdown" to refresh my memory and make sure I remembered correctly. lol...meltdown, ok...

well now you saw it, lol.. sorry i was busy posting that and like 15 more posts happened.. you can ignore my post :lol:

Well, I for one would like to personally thank you for saving us all from this plague of bored conversation. This service you're providing - free of charge, which is just amazing - is such a wonderful benefit to us all. Thank you, thank you - from the bottom of my heart, thank you.

:wasted