Herbies

Well, I'll say this. If his reaction hadn't been about Nebraska, and about something most Nebraskans disagree with, I'm guessing there wouldn't be nearly so many butthurt Husker fans still bringing it up. I still don't see anything 5th graderish about it.

I would disagree with this. I can't stand Kirk and if he would've had a meltdown like he did on any other team I would be talking about the same thing and making fun of him.

LET THE RECORD SHOW THAT HuskerRob IS A HURRICANE FAN.

The record is duly noted. :LOLtartar

:box

Not sure if I came back from the future, or if this is just deja vu. Not this same old aged ongoing argument all over again.....

idea%20bulb.jpg

why don't someone get a stimulation developing crew going so we can end this sh#t for once and for all =D

Don't be surprised if the 'canes fans try to get their dirty hands on the development process and try to manipulate it because they know they won't be able to stand seeing their precious '01 canes get bossed by the superior '95 huskers.

I think we can sum up this thread quickly.

1) 95 Nebraska > 01 Miami. It is simple fact. Nebraska didn't struggle against a single team in 95, and won every game by 2 or more touchdowns WHILE playing 3 top 10 teams. Are some of you going to say those top 10 teams were overrated? They had damn good seasons minus the hiccups against Nebraska.

2) NO self respecting husker fan can go against the 95 team, in any situation. Just because 01 Miami sent half their roster (exaggeration :) ) to the NFL does not mean they were the better team. Eric Crouch had a lame duck NFL career, but does that take away from his college career? Not in the least bit.

3) Kirk Herbie did act slightly unprofessional in that poll. It's ok to get into heated discussion, but when you start throwing paper and letting out sarcastic remarks (i.e. "I'm just wondering why the 97 Nebraska team isn't on here..") then you've gone slightly overboard.

4) If you are arguing with Knapplc about his choice of words, you are fighting a losing battle. That's just the way he is and it makes things interesting. I'm sure he respects others opinions, but not when they are unfounded and poorly constructed.

LET THE RECORD SHOW THAT HuskerRob IS A HURRICANE FAN.

I don't really believe that.

He just didn't think it was necessary to use that :sarcasm thingy.

Besides...There hasn't been a verified Hurricane fan sighting in almost eight years.

On paper...That 2001 Miama team should have been a lot better than they played...Not sure they could've taken our '71 team or even our '83 team..But they just never seemed to jell as a TEAM. I'd probably even take a handful of USC teams over them and I hate the PAC10.

I actually enjoyed Herb Kirkstreet's gentile meltdown..I thought it was funny as hello...

I think we can sum up this thread quickly.

1) 95 Nebraska > 01 Miami. It is simple fact. Nebraska didn't struggle against a single team in 95, and won every game by 2 or more touchdowns WHILE playing 3 top 10 teams. Are some of you going to say those top 10 teams were overrated? They had damn good seasons minus the hiccups against Nebraska.

2) NO self respecting husker fan can go against the 95 team, in any situation. Just because 01 Miami sent half their roster (exaggeration :) ) to the NFL does not mean they were the better team. Eric Crouch had a lame duck NFL career, but does that take away from his college career? Not in the least bit.

3) Kirk Herbie did act slightly unprofessional in that poll. It's ok to get into heated discussion, but when you start throwing paper and letting out sarcastic remarks (i.e. "I'm just wondering why the 97 Nebraska team isn't on here..") then you've gone slightly overboard.

4) If you are arguing with Knapplc about his choice of words, you are fighting a losing battle. That's just the way he is and it makes things interesting. I'm sure he respects others opinions, but not when they are unfounded and poorly constructed.

I agree with 1 and 2 and have no idea about 4.

But honestly, if we're going to include using sarcasm as going overboard for an ESPN analyst when they're providing commentary like that, we'll have to accuse them all of going overboard in about every discussion they have where two of them are at odds. At some point one of them usually gets a little exasperated and tosses out some sarcasm. Just watch this season, plenty of sarcasm gets tossed around all the time.

If his "meltdown" was not mostly good natured, I doubt we'd have seen him laughing and joking just a short while later. I also don't think we'd see him say something like, "Alright, I'll take that," regarding the guy's comment that he felt the '95 Huskers and '04 Trojans were going to be the two best teams (at least I believe that's what he's agreeing with, it gets a little jumbled there).

I find the need to hold these guys to the standard of world news journalists a bit ridiculous.