Any chance CG will still get a redshirt this year?

NoDoubt

I'm glad you've all had your fun.

Are you? Are you really?

OK, yeah, I was being really facetious to the OP, but it's not hard to find a Cody Green thread on the front page right here where we've discussed his redshirting probability ad nauseum.

Besides, if we didn't tease the OP, don't you think he'd think we didn't like him?

Sorry if you've talked about this already. Unfortunately, I don't exactly have a lot of free time today to go back and read all of the old posts.

But it looks like the general consensus is that there is zero chance him getting a redshirt - we'll leave it at that.

No worries bud. Some folks on here can get a little wound up. I just chalk it up to a lack of football. Stick around. Things can get fun and interesting around here at times.

Yeah, very little chance he will redshirt now. If Kody Spano was still in the mix, who knows? Even if Cody Green was good enough to take the back up spot they might have just let him redshirt since they had enough depth at the position.

But, I'm pretty sure the coaches don't want to not play their best players just so they can have him an extra year. I think that's unfair to Cody. If he is good enough to be #2, then he deserves to play whenever he can. Pelini even said in a press conference they want to play to win now. That doesn't mean they aren't thinking of the future as well, but they want the best players on the field.