SIGNED QB/ATH Jamal Turner

Ohio Pete

EZ, who do you think the borderline 5 star guys would be?

Green and Moore are the locks that I mentioned.

There is talk that Reeves is getting consideration for 5 stars, Definately a high four star kid.

Have not heard too much about Westerman lately, other than Moore is trying to get him N. Based on his offers list you can see that he could be mentioned as a five star kid as well.

if wonder if pelini's comments today that our offense is going to be like Alabama's in the future just lost us jamal turner...

don't get me wrong i'm all for being a power running team with good passing too, in fact i've been dying for that the last few years... but thats not jamal turners thing. i'd be surprised if he comes here now

<_<

one comment does not undo all the hours spent recruiting this guy.

Pelini likes the power running that Alabama presents. In no way does that mean we need a Mcelroy clone... that means we need a dominating offensive line and some legit RB's. A Dual Threat adds another dimension to that. Turner would be a great get, and could be a serious weapon for us. He is fully aware of what we would like to do on offense in the future.

if wonder if pelini's comments today that our offense is going to be like Alabama's in the future just lost us jamal turner...

don't get me wrong i'm all for being a power running team with good passing too, in fact i've been dying for that the last few years... but thats not jamal turners thing. i'd be surprised if he comes here now

[/quote

I guess I don't understand why you don't think that he would come here if we ran an offense like 'bama's.

He is a dual threat QB. :dunno

<_<

one comment does not undo all the hours spent recruiting this guy.

Pelini likes the power running that Alabama presents. In no way does that mean we need a Mcelroy clone... that means we need a dominating offensive line and some legit RB's. A Dual Threat adds another dimension to that. Turner would be a great get, and could be a serious weapon for us. He is fully aware of what we would like to do on offense in the future.

Also. I am sure that Jamal knew of our new direction all along as the coaches probably discussed this with him before he said "Nebraska is the clear cut leader."

I absolutely think that our offense can take off with a guy like Green or Turner at qb running a power run game. However, Wats is going to have to get a lot better at his play calling and offense in general IMO. Right now it seems like when we ran the spread we either ran outs, stop routes or bubble screens and thats it. Then when we went to our power run game all we did when we passed the ball was we would lob it deep to Paul. You look at Va Tech or Uconn or any other team that runs a power run game O and they have a very diverse pass game but not really west coast diverse. I realize that a lot of our O was set up to win and our line wasn't very good and our wr's weren't either. But Wats O in general is going to have to get a lot more match up friendly.

[/quote

I guess I don't understand why you don't think that he would come here if we ran an offense like 'bama's.

well 'bama's offense consists of pounding the rock, play action passes, and quick drop back passes. dunno if turner's the guy for that kind of offense... his video consists of all shotgun, one formation that bama never runs

well 'bama's offense consists of pounding the rock, play action passes, and quick drop back passes. dunno if turner's the guy for that kind of offense... his video consists of all shotgun, one formation that bama never runs

There isn't too much difference between Turner and Cody Green. Both fall in the dual-threat category. Wats was responsible for recruiting Green last year, so apparently he sees him fitting into his spread offense.

I think what Bo was trying to emphasize in the article is that he likes the way Bama commits to the run. He's all for balance in passing and running, but wants us to be more physical on the line so that we can run at will against anybody the same way Bama is able to. We haven't been able to do that this year consistently, except that one possession against Colorado when Burkhead took it in.

Keep in mind that we're still utilizing the spread offense next year. So Turner will be fine since a lot of spread formations are shotgun oriented.