SIGNED QB/ATH Jamal Turner

Ohio Pete

OK, so that's a very interesting kind of "not being committed".

:)

Bo doesn't like waffles, he hates their syrupy goodness and so he wants you to be sure. I'd say it's better for him to wait it out then commit, waffle and have Bo kick him to the curb when he visits elsewhere.

Id like to see about a 60-40 run to pass ratio with everything based around those power sets. Much like what Alabama did this year: Relied on their defense to win games and ran the ball very effectively.

Turner is a great QB who happens to be very athletic from what I am being told. 2,000 rushing yards and 2,000 passing yards speak for themselves. That means he rushed and passed for over 200 a game because they only played ten games. That is impressive. Would LOVE to get him and Green in the same class.

Quote from Jamal Turner in rivals.

Turner also has offers from Memphis and Vanderbilt.

“When someone asks me what school I'm going to, I always say Nebraska,” Turner told rivals.com. “I know that's where I'm going; I'm just waiting it out.''

2011 is going to go down as a great class.

J. Turner, A. Green, OL already has two **** recruits. Green isn't a lock but wow!!!

OK, so that's a very interesting kind of "not being committed".

:)

Bo doesn't like waffles, he hates their syrupy goodness and so he wants you to be sure. I'd say it's better for him to wait it out then commit, waffle and have Bo kick him to the curb when he visits elsewhere.

Sorry, reposted the rivals quote. 2000 yards passing and 2000 rushing. This kid is a top 5 QB, he justs wants to wait a little before committing too soon. We appear to be a lock but if you had all of this attention you would want to wait it out before deciding too soon. Having him at the Holiday Bowl was huge. I am sure he got to visit with our 6'3" WR Enunwa too.

Id like to see about a 60-40 run to pass ratio with everything based around those power sets. Much like what Alabama did this year: Relied on their defense to win games and ran the ball very effectively.

Turner is a great QB who happens to be very athletic from what I am being told. 2,000 rushing yards and 2,000 passing yards speak for themselves. That means he rushed and passed for over 200 a game because they only played ten games. That is impressive. Would LOVE to get him and Green in the same class.

Quote from Jamal Turner in rivals.

Turner also has offers from Memphis and Vanderbilt.

“When someone asks me what school I'm going to, I always say Nebraska,” Turner told rivals.com. “I know that's where I'm going; I'm just waiting it out.''

2011 is going to go down as a great class.

J. Turner, A. Green, OL already has two **** recruits. Green isn't a lock but wow!!!

That four star ranking of Tyler Moore is from Scout. Rivals will have him at 5. The Florida coaches said that Tyler is the best Junior OT in the nation.

It didn’t take long to figure out Jamal Turner is what made the Arlington Sam Houston offense go.

The junior quarterback produced yards by the barrel in 2009 for the Texans. It wasn’t that he was either running past everybody or slinging the football, it was that he was doing both. He regularly put up 100- or 200-yard games through the air and ground, becoming a 2,000-2,000 player. He threw for 2,049 yards, ranking in the top 10 among area 5A quarterbacks, and rushed for 2,009 yards, more than even the best area 5A running backs.

Combined, he accounted for 28 touchdowns —14 passing, 14 rushing.

His production earned him player of the year honors on the Star-Telegram Super Team.

"I felt like we could have thrown it a little bit more," Turner said, thinking back on the Texans’ 3-7 season. "But running-wise, I felt like I did pretty good. Last year I didn’t run at all. Coach wanted me to sit in the pocket and find somebody open. He wanted me to learn the passing part of the offense. As a junior, I learned the running part of it."

Uh-oh. You mean it could all come together even better next season?

"Exactly," he said. "I’m looking forward to it."

After that, the plan calls for college football — and an early graduation. Turner said he wants to be finished at Sam by next January so he can enroll in college and thus be more attractive to recruiters.

http://www.star-telegram.com/highschools/story/1846839.html

HI just posted Jamal Turner's Jr. highlight reel. The kid loves to run. He's a shotgun/spread QB. There were only a few passing clips, so it's hard to judge his arm. Otherwise the majority of the film was him tucking it and running.

Judging from his film, he looks slightly faster than Godfrey, Carnes, Kolter & Fajardo. His ability to cut & shift directions is breathtaking. Very elusive.

My only wish is that we could see more of his arm. Take into consideration that he plays for a 3-7 team, so it's not like he has offensive weapons to throw to. Other than that, I was highly impressed.

Via HI:

While it is early in the process for Turner, he has already put together a top three on his list. He also currently lists a favorite.

"Nebraska is my number one and then Oklahoma and Alabama," Turner said.

However, while the Sooners and Tide both have legitimate shots at landing the talented Texan, it's his offer from Nebraska that has his eye.

"(Nebraska) was my first offer, so they are like my first love. You know the saying that you always go back to your first love. Everyone there is just really nice and it is a great football atmosphere there," Turner said.