SIGNED QB/ATH Jamal Turner

Ohio Pete

Jamal Turner Footage

It'll open in Windows Media Player, so wait for the stream to load and buffer.

Anyone else notice that whoever made this video sped the time up considerably? I think if the video was actually real time those WRs would have been running 4.1 forties. Ah, the recruiting tricks.

i dont think the vid is sped up. look at the refs, they seem to be moving at a normal pace.

How he is just a :star:star:star STAR on SCOUT, just blows my mind. I don't get it. He's already got a good offer list that would only grow had he not committed to us already. Wow.

Thats just preliminary. Most likely he will move up to a 4 star. All the 3* ranking means he has been evaluted.

Jamal Turner Footage

It'll open in Windows Media Player, so wait for the stream to load and buffer.

Anyone else notice that whoever made this video sped the time up considerably? I think if the video was actually real time those WRs would have been running 4.1 forties. Ah, the recruiting tricks.

i dont think the vid is sped up. look at the refs, they seem to be moving at a normal pace.

Watch pre-snap motion and people's gestures/walking on the sidelines. I'm no video expert but it certainly looks sped up to me. Honestly . . . Turner and those WRs look like Olympic class sprinters. They're fast . . . but not THAT fast.

I remember one of the talking heads saying that Turner is a five star athlete that might develop into a four star QB.

:yeah

Texas wanted him as a DB although they wont admit it. OU wanted him bad as well but as a WR. He also has a teammate WR that is committed to OU. So for all of you that are questioning this film, there is a possiblity that they are both THAT athletic. Watch from all three angles and watch the full video.

I remember one of the talking heads saying that Turner is a five star athlete that might develop into a four star QB.

Texas wanted him as a DB although they wont admit it. OU wanted him bad as well but as a WR. He also has a teammate WR that is committed to OU. So for all of you that are questioning this film, there is a possiblity that they are both THAT athletic. Watch from all three angles and watch the full video.

I hope you aren't taking my doubts about the film as a knock on Turner. He looks like a very gifted athlete and I'm glad he's coming to Nebraska.

That said, doctoring the speed of recruiting videos is fairly common . . . and this one certainly looks sped up to my untrained eye. That takes nothing away from Turner.

I only watched the first 20 plays or so, so take that into consideration. However, some things that stand out to me in the video:

- He typically locks on to one receiver before deciding to throw it to that receiver or take off running. I didn't see too many plays in that early set where he looked off a receiver or went through progressions, although he looked better in clips from that second game. That said, his offensive line barely gave him enough time to catch the snap, so he didn't really have time to go through progressions. His tendency to lock onto receivers actually helps him with his running game, though.

- It seems like the shorter pass he throws, the longer it takes to get there. He doesn't really rifle in the shorter ones...which, honestly, is probably better for our receivers :facepalm:

- He is fast.

I hope you aren't taking my doubts about the film as a knock on Turner. He looks like a very gifted athlete and I'm glad he's coming to Nebraska.

That said, doctoring the speed of recruiting videos is fairly common . . . and this one certainly looks sped up to my untrained eye. That takes nothing away from Turner.

Sorry. I thought you were doubting his abilities in that claim. My fault, honest mistake.

I only watched the first 20 plays or so, so take that into consideration. However, some things that stand out to me in the video:

- He typically locks on to one receiver before deciding to throw it to that receiver or take off running. I didn't see too many plays in that early set where he looked off a receiver or went through progressions, although he looked better in clips from that second game. That said, his offensive line barely gave him enough time to catch the snap, so he didn't really have time to go through progressions. His tendency to lock onto receivers actually helps him with his running game, though.

- It seems like the shorter pass he throws, the longer it takes to get there. He doesn't really rifle in the shorter ones...which, honestly, is probably better for our receivers :facepalm:

- He is fast.

When you have time watch the whole tape. He doesnt look coverage off but he is 16 years old. He will get better at that.

Later in that tape he makes some pretty good throws leading recievers and shows some good touch on long balls.

I also questioned his arm strength when I first saw the clip; but you have to remember he was 16 years old at the time that all of this film was shot. Arm strength will come.