SIGNED QB/ATH Jamal Turner

Ohio Pete

Now lets see if he hits the recruiting trail with Moore and Reeves. Should be interesting to see if he helps get Green and Westerman on board.

That's just the question i was getting ready to ask. With the two big o-line commits, plus now JT, other guys we are going after, Green, Westerman and hopefully some really good receivers want to get on board. We know Bo can recruit defensive guys, I'd like to think that this 2011 recruiting class can really showcase his group's offensive recruiting capabilities. Other recruits have to be following this and saying "I want to get in on this and win a BCS championship"

Damn 2011 is already shaping up to be an outstanding class. Considering that we already have as many commits as we did last October or November for this class and we more than likely have a five star and two four stars I can't wait to see how this class turns out. With some good work by the coaches and a national title run we could potentially have a top 10 class, maybe better.

Couldn't be a bigger commit at this point. Really good classes are almost ALWAYS built on an early commitment from a very talented QB...we already have two of the nation's top O-Linemen committed, and now one of the most exciting QBs too. If we can pull in Aaron Green, dare I say it...this would likely be our best class ever.

To bad the world has to end in 2012....this class will never reach its potential because of that.

Next years class is really going to slap all those people in the face who said that we can't recruit offense. Our first 3 commits are offensive and with the possible additions of Green and Westerman WHOOAAA!!! Could have a real gem on our hands in that of Turner and the entire 2011 class.

Questions:

Is this kid projected to be 4 star?

It sounds like he is being offered as a QB, but could WR be another possibility?

What is the turnover rate for kids who commit so early?

Would Watson going to another school have a big impact on him because Beck was his recruiter (is he here for our offensive style or is that not an issue)?

Does this lessen the need for a QB in the 2010 recruiting class especially since Carnes seems to be the same type of QB?

Questions:

1. Is this kid projected to be 4 star?

2. It sounds like he is being offered as a QB, but could WR be another possibility?

3. What is the turnover rate for kids who commit so early?

4. Would Watson going to another school have a big impact on him because Beck was his recruiter (is he here for our offensive style or is that not an issue)?

5. Does this lesson the need for a QB in the 2010 recruiting class especially since Carnes seems to be the same type of QB?

IMO:

1. Yes

2. Other teams are looking at him as an athlete, but one reason he liked us so much was that we were going after him as a QB. Nothing else.

3. Typically kids that commit early have a better chance at sticking, just need to stay in touch

4. I doubt it, but I don't know what relationship he has with Watson other than possibly a junior day.

5. No. You always want to take one each year, just means we wouldn't be looking for 2 next year (if Carnes commits)

Questions:

Is this kid projected to be 4 star?

It sounds like he is being offered as a QB, but could WR be another possibility?

What is the turnover rate for kids who commit so early?

Would Watson going to another school have a big impact on him because Beck was his recruiter (is he here for our offensive style or is that not an issue)?

Does this lessen the need for a QB in the 2010 recruiting class especially since Carnes seems to be the same type of QB?

1. He's the #16 player in the Texas100, so he'll probably be around a 5.9 4* recruit and maybe a top 100 national recruit.(Judging by a couple of Texas's commits this year)

2. No idea, but he seems like he REALLY wants to go to Nebraska. He doesn't pay his way to California, Memorial Stadium, and the Big 12 Title game and decommit to a place like Mizzou IMO.