SIGNED QB/ATH Jamal Turner

Ohio Pete

From the sounds of everything I have read he seems to be a pretty solid commit. He has been telling people he would be going to Nebraska for a month or two, but just hadn't officially committed because he wanted to wait it out. He decided to go ahead and commit because when other coaches would recruit him he didn't even care what they had to say. He has also said he will not be attending Alabama's Junior Day like he had once planned. Add to all of those things that he paid his way to see us 3 times (at home, at Big XII, and at Holiday bowl) and that one of his best friends is coming in this year. I think he is pretty set on coming here. I would say 97% chance he sticks with us. 95% chance he comes in January and gets a jump start.

His new video is sick! He's got some crazy moves!

9 plus yards a carry from the QB position as a Jr. Looking forward to what he is going to do as a senior.

Getting a great QB early is only going to make more quality recruits want to sign on for 2011 and beyond.

Top 5 class is my prediction. Project out with top 5 running backs, top 5 OL recruits and a top 3 D that is already in place.

Getting ahead of myself but this is an exciting day.

We got a good one fellas.

Not to mention we have a probable 4 star QB, a 4 star OL, and a 5 star OL for next year already and we havent even signed the 2010 class yet.

and hopefully a 5* RB recruit in Green as well cheers.gif

(fingers crossed that Green will be a Husker)

Rivals has a 'teaser' on the front page about Jamal's soph and jr highlight films. Anyone check them out? How's he look?

Impressive to say the least. Mind you that one of the WRs on his team is committed to OU.

I dont have a problem with his throwing mechanics, but could see he needs to work a bit on his accuracy and zip.

VERY athletic. WR type explosion while running and cutting.

Just found out from HI that Jamal Turner contacted Aaron Green recently and is working on him to become a Husker. Tyler Moore has also been working Green for awhile too. Ryne Reeves also talked to Green a few weeks ago face-to-face at the AAA Bowl in San Antonio during Jr. combines.

Gotta love our first three 2011 recruits. They're going out of their way to bring in more talent for us.

:clap