SIGNED QB/ATH Jamal Turner

Ohio Pete

Just found out from HI that Jamal Turner contacted Aaron Green recently and is working on him to become a Husker. Tyler Moore has also been working Green for awhile too. Ryne Reeves also talked to Green a few weeks ago face-to-face at the AAA Bowl in San Antonio during Jr. combines.

Gotta love our first three 2011 recruits. They're going out of their way to bring in more talent for us.

:clap

an add-on to the above post

JT over at rivals said Turner texted him and said he has been in touch with Green trying to recruit him. Turner told JT he had been texting Green for about the last half hour.

sidenote, when asked, Green said he would not recruit for us if he committed. Whether that proves true, I don't know

Just found out from HI that Jamal Turner contacted Aaron Green recently and is working on him to become a Husker. Tyler Moore has also been working Green for awhile too. Ryne Reeves also talked to Green a few weeks ago face-to-face at the AAA Bowl in San Antonio during Jr. combines.

Gotta love our first three 2011 recruits. They're going out of their way to bring in more talent for us.

i do NOT feel that Jamal is going to bail next year... the guy has his mind up and for some reason it sounds and feels diffrent from other guys who have uttered such words about their recruitment to Nebraska.........

i dont think we are gonna lose any of these three guys... and with jamal and tyler enrolling early this will be epic......

i do NOT feel that Jamal is going to bail next year... the guy has his mind up and for some reason it sounds and feels diffrent from other guys who have uttered such words about their recruitment to Nebraska.........

i dont think we are gonna lose any of these three guys... and with jamal and tyler enrolling early this will be epic......

Jamal was on 1620thezone today and he is all N. Big Husker fan and has cancelled all visits. Loves being a Husker and should enroll early, probably next January. Got some great confidence in his abilities and thinks he can play early in his career.

I think the biggest thing about him is that he's talked to other college coaches and just wasn't interested in anything they had to say. He was polite and everything it's just he didn't think any of the programs he'd talked to could offer him what Nebraska could.

I'm going to say he's locked up for next year and you won't see him doing any waffling like other NU QB recruits in the past.

I think the biggest thing about him is that he's talked to other college coaches and just wasn't interested in anything they had to say. He was polite and everything it's just he didn't think any of the programs he'd talked to could offer him what Nebraska could.

I'm going to say he's locked up for next year and you won't see him doing any waffling like other NU QB recruits in the past.

It'll be a huge boost to this class to have a top QB recruit committed this early...especially one as enthusiastic about being a Husker as he is. I think we all owe Coach Beck a big round of applause for this one...sounds like he really connected with Jamal.

Hearing info like this reminds me of the 07' recruting class when Gabbert and others were recruiting for us when they committed, the only Difference is that Turner is a die hard Husker fan and so is Moore. Turner has paid to go see us play against OU and Arizona for the bowl game while Moore is a relative of Jay Moore and isn't fond of the Flordia schools who were also recruiting him. I don't see these recruits backing out on their commit and have a strong feeling that great things are coming our way.

I wonder home many games Turner will try to come for the 10' season

:snacks:

Hearing info like this reminds me of the 07' recruting class when Gabbert and others were recruiting for us when they committed, the only Difference is that Turner is a die hard Husker fan and so is Moore. Turner has paid to go see us play against OU and Arizona for the bowl game while Moore is a relative of Jay Moore and isn't fond of the Flordia schools who were also recruiting him. I don't see these recruits backing out on their commit and have a strong feeling that great things are coming our way.

I wonder home many games Turner will try to come for the 10' season

:snacks:

Well he still has an official visit to take, so he'll be here for that, whenever that may be. I'm also sure he'll be at NU for Junior Day this year too.I also wouldn't be surprised if he makes it up for the Red/White spring game too.

So I know there has been some mentioning of taking two QB's in this next class. With lil Gabbert, we told him we would only take him in this class and no one else. Do any of you think that is something the staff or Watson tells every QB recruit that if they commit they will be the only QB taken in that class? Or was baby Gabs just insecure and needed that reassurance in order to commit? I think Turner is confident and man enough to let the staff make a decision that if they need to up the competition by taking two QB's, then that's the staff's choice and a good thing for everyone.

I don't think so - I think the situation dictates it. Our situation this year is that we take one QB. Especially with Gabbert being a definite pure QB. We will have SR (established starter), SR, SO, FR scholarship players coming in so it makes sense to take one and have him redshirt. Next year, we'll have JR, SO, and FR coming back - and especially since JR is coming off a shaky injury, FR will be a project type athlete, and SO (Green) is still anyone's guess how he'll turn out, there's room for two. Especially on top of that, with Turner being an athlete who could play multiple positions himself. With our personnel situation at QB, there's almost a NEED to take a polished passer type, IMO, in addition to an athlete.

Anyway - just my quick thoughts. It's possible the coaching staff doesn't feel this way.

So I know there has been some mentioning of taking two QB's in this next class. With lil Gabbert, we told him we would only take him in this class and no one else. Do any of you think that is something the staff or Watson tells every QB recruit that if they commit they will be the only QB taken in that class? Or was baby Gabs just insecure and needed that reassurance in order to commit? I think Turner is confident and man enough to let the staff make a decision that if they need to up the competition by taking two QB's, then that's the staff's choice and a good thing for everyone.

As a general rule, one QB per year should be the goal. I've heard that NU will pursue two QB's for 2011 and since Turner has already pledged, it's likely they'll pursue another one as well.

As a general rule, one QB per year should be the goal. I've heard that NU will pursue two QB's for 2011 and since Turner has already pledged, it's likely they'll pursue another one as well.

if we get carnes, i wouldn't expect us to take two next year, particularly when we apparently already got a top target in turner. i would hope though that we keep in touch with others just in case though.

if we somehow don't get carnes, i'm less certain, though the presence of marsh in the '11 class makes it seem like we'll stand pat with turner.

if we get carnes, i wouldn't expect us to take two next year, particularly when we apparently already got a top target in turner. i would hope though that we keep in touch with others just in case though.

if we somehow don't get carnes, i'm less certain, though the presence of marsh in the '11 class makes it seem like we'll stand pat with turner.

I think they need to go for 2 next year for a couple of reasons. 1. Right now we lack QUALITY depth at the QB position. We have a lot of guys, but only a few developed scholarship players who can actually compete (Washington, Lee, Green). I think NU would prefer to have more reliability, depth, and competition at this position. 2. We lose Washington and Lee next year. I realize that since we are not losing a QB this year that if we bring in 1 this year and 1 next year we would make up for that loss, but I think NU would like to have some more depth at this position and not just replenish this position.

Here's some possible ways things would line up...

Lee Sr

Washington Sr

Green So

Martinez Fr

Carnes (RSFr)

2010 (2)

Lee Sr

Washington Sr

Green So

Carnes (RSFr)

Martinez converts to Safety

Green Jr

Martinez So

Carnes Fr

Turner (RSFr, or Fr)

***2011 (2)

Green Jr

Carnes Fr

Turner (RSFr or Fr)

Martinez is a Safety

2011 (3)

Green Jr

Martinez So

Carnes Fr

Turner (RSFr)

*One more QB

***2011 (4)

Green Jr

Carnes Fr

Turner (RSFr)

*One more QB

If Martinez converts to safety this year for playing time... see how thin we can get in 2011 if we only take one QB next year?

I realize Kody Spano is not included here... but after 2 torn ACL's I just don't seem him coming back strong enough to compete for playing time. His lateral speed will be slow, and if we are running a true spread I don't see him fitting into it very well if he isn't fast and elusive.

Also, if one of the guys mentioned above gets injured we become even more thin. Or if someone decides to transfer out... you see where this is going.

With a possible 25 scholies to give next year I see us signing 2 quality dual threat/spread QB's. Turner is N, I expect another fast guy who doubles as a passer to be in too, especially if we win next year as predicted. Several universities like Texas take 2 or more QB's per year. Why wouldn't we take 2?

• Fire 1

+1

Quality is the real kicker.

Carnes being a project (HA! NVM, we won't even get him), Taylor (I don't think I even counted him in my scholarship count) being a guy who had NO shot at all staying at QB until two guys in serious contention for PT went out (Witt, Spano), LTW also having no shot being a QB, all go into it. That's why I don't count Marsh into the equation at all. Any more than I'd count Ron Kellogg, whose name some people have tossed around naming how "stocked" we will be at QB. I think realistically speaking, we are going to be damn razor thin at QB, as if we aren't already. Just having names to throw out, doesn't mean a lot in the end.