SIGNED QB/ATH Jamal Turner

Ohio Pete

Ya it looks that way to me too. However, to me it makes no sense to run the type of offense that we are running with the types of qb's we are recruiting. Cody Green could be a hell of a qb some day but if you are going to try to make him into a drop back passer and hit this dumps and curls and outs then he will have a hard time succeeding. It just doesn't seem like we even know what we want to do as an offense. This year we have Gabbert who is more of a pro style qb than dual threat. The year before we got Green who is everything a dual threat should be. Then next year we are going after Turner who looks to be in the Green category. So what are we running in the future? WC passing game? More of an Oregon offense? The power game we are running now? It just doesnt make much sense to me.

I really believe we want an offense like Texas has had this year. Basically, they run with backs only, the QB mainly throws, but if the QB needs to run he can and will. But, I really believe the kind of offense Texas runs is what we are looking to do eventually. So, you want a QB you can move, escape, move the pocket easily, and can run if it's there. However, the main thing the QB will be doing is throwing the ball. They just want to have a QB with that running threat to put more pressure on defenses, unlike Sam Keller. I feel the QB's we have recruited and are recruiting have shown good ability to throw the ball but are also mobile and can run if need be. See Texas, VT, Florida(more so last 2 years) QB's as of late.

Ya it looks that way to me too. However, to me it makes no sense to run the type of offense that we are running with the types of qb's we are recruiting. Cody Green could be a hell of a qb some day but if you are going to try to make him into a drop back passer and hit this dumps and curls and outs then he will have a hard time succeeding. It just doesn't seem like we even know what we want to do as an offense. This year we have Gabbert who is more of a pro style qb than dual threat. The year before we got Green who is everything a dual threat should be. Then next year we are going after Turner who looks to be in the Green category. So what are we running in the future? WC passing game? More of an Oregon offense? The power game we are running now? It just doesnt make much sense to me.

I really believe we want an offense like Texas has had this year. Basically, they run with backs only, the QB mainly throws, but if the QB needs to run he can and will. But, I really believe the kind of offense Texas runs is what we are looking to do eventually. So, you want a QB you can move, escape, move the pocket easily, and can run if it's there. However, the main thing the QB will be doing is throwing the ball. They just want to have a QB with that running threat to put more pressure on defenses, unlike Sam Keller. I feel the QB's we have recruited and are recruiting have shown good ability to throw the ball but are also mobile and can run if need be. See Texas, VT, Florida(more so last 2 years) QB's as of late.

Funny because I always thought that an Oklahoma State or Florida Run Style Spread was what Bo favored.

If we turn into a Florida or Okie State offense than I understand the qb recruiting a hell of a lot more than I would if we stuck with out current offense. This offense where we run dink and dunk outs, curls, and slants the entire way down the field would pretty much take away the advantage of having a dual threat qb. I do think having a better run game would open up other elements of our offense but from what I have seen this year, Wats doesn't really understand how to use Green at all. My main point is what are we looking for? A qb that is more of a runner much like Green and Turner? Or a qb that is more of a passer like Gabbert and Suntrup? It seems like we recruit both types throughout the year not knowing what we want exactly.

• 2 weeks later...

Rivals finally posted some good film of Jamal. This makes me more excited about him as a QB. The kid shows some moxie under pressure.

He reminds me of a Tyrod Taylor. Undersized at being around six feet tall, and seems to have a strong arm, and you're not going to find many QB's with more quickness and ability to make a big play when the pocket breaks down. He could be used in design runs frequently with success (zone-read, options).

I expect him to be ranked as one of the top Dual-Threat QB's in the country for the 2011 class, and we'd be very lucky to have him.

Rivals finally posted some good film of Jamal. This makes me more excited about him as a QB. The kid shows some moxie under pressure.

He reminds me of a Tyrod Taylor. Undersized at being around six feet tall, and seems to have a strong arm, and you're not going to find many QB's with more quickness and ability to make a big play when the pocket breaks down. He could be used in design runs frequently with success (zone-read, options).

I expect him to be ranked as one of the top Dual-Threat QB's in the country for the 2011 class, and we'd be very lucky to have him.

just what i wanted to hear.......

just what i wanted to hear.......

Good thing about it is is that we are really going to have to F up not to get him.

Think about next year's possible recruiting class...

Green

Moore

Reeves

Westerman

Turner

There are 2 sure fire 5 star recruits in that bunch as well as two other boarderline 5 star kids.