SIGNED QB/ATH Jamal Turner

Ohio Pete

After last night and all the different looks the offense showed, it would be hard not to want to sign right then and there.

Do you think Curtis Carter or Baby Gabbert regret their decisions. How can you not want to be part of Husker Nation after that performance. Heard looks like he made a great decision.

Good riddance to the defectors!!!!!

Bo phone has to be ringing off the hook with commitments.

I can definately see your point BigWillie. But one could argue that we have a drop back passer with some athletic ability playing QB for us now. (Zach Lee)

And Zac, even with his ginormous confidence issues, is still head and shoulders above any QB we have on our roster.

That is why we need a true and legit QB prospect as well rather than an athlete who hopes to learn the position in their time here on campus.

Remember, we may take two QBs in this class, so we may also go after a more traditional QB.

Could Turner project as a safety or is he set on QB?

I can definately see your point BigWillie. But one could argue that we have a drop back passer with some athletic ability playing QB for us now. (Zach Lee)

And Zac, even with his ginormous confidence issues, is still head and shoulders above any QB we have on our roster.

That is why we need a true and legit QB prospect as well rather than an athlete who hopes to learn the position in their time here on campus.

Remember, we may take two QBs in this class, so we may also go after a more traditional QB.

One of the reasons he likes NU is that he's being recruited as a QB, similar to Cody Green. Most schools want him as an athlete so far.

If true it would be a great start towards the 2011 class offensively

While Jamal would be a great pick up, IMO the Huskers already are off to a great start recruiting in 2011 on the offensive side of the ball. Having both a 5 Star and a 4 Star O-linemen already committed.

I think if Turner played another position it would be WR. Kid is great with the ball in his hands, he's just a really suspect passer.

But that's the good thing with guys like Turner. You know he has all the potential in the world, and if it clicks for him, you have a potential stud on your hands. If it doesn't, you can still use him at a number of other positions.

Our own Prince Amukamara agrees. :)

I think if Turner played another position it would be WR. Kid is great with the ball in his hands, he's just a really suspect passer.

But that's the good thing with guys like Turner. You know he has all the potential in the world, and if it clicks for him, you have a potential stud on your hands. If it doesn't, you can still use him at a number of other positions.

Our own Prince Amukamara agrees. :)

If I'm not mistaken, I think I read elsewhere online that Turner would be open to playing WR too. So he sounds like the kind of kid you want. He just wants a chance to play and help in whatever way he can. I admire those types of players.

Yeah, told Scout he really felt like committing, but then decided he had better visit some other schools like Alabama, etc. before committing.

And he should take advantage of visiting other schools. I know I would if I were in his position.

He doesn't seem like the kind of QB that Bama would want...Saban offense is better fit for pro-style QB's...

Last thing that I had heard was that we are the only school recruiting him as a QB. Everyone else is offering him as an athlete. He has an impressive offer list and he is only a junior. OU, Bama, and NU isnt too bad of a list. Another testiment to the staff IMO as they were the first to offer.

I think after a junior day or two elsewhere he will be ready to say "I wanna be a husker." :)