signingday2010.png

Hometown: Corona, CA

School: Eleanor Roosevelt HS

Position: CB

Height: 5'11"

Weight: 165 lbs

40 time: 4.4

Visit Date: 11/6/2009 (OU game)

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, UTEP, Colorado State, Idaho, San Diego State, Washington State

Favorites: N!

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star :star :star 5.5

Scout: :star :star :star #90 CB

ESPN: NR

Assessing the talent:

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 20% Visiting. Maybe a package deal with teammates WR Austin Hill, ATH Harold Mobley, WR Tyler Slavin?

680067.jpg

(Scout)

Nebraska has a beautiful defense, I love their defense. They are always around the ball, they (Nebraska) are getting up there in the nation and are moving up. I think they will be one of the top programs in the nation." Mitchell said

"I'm visiting Nebraska November 7th," Mitchell said, "I'm very excited to go. There will be four of us going to Nebraska, Slavin, Hill and Mobley are all going with me. They all like Nebraska but we don't talk much about who is recruiting us or what we are going to do. We just know that we set up a trip to Nebraska together. Austin Hill is going to Colorado State with me this weekend."

Here is link from Husker Journal:

OCTOBER 7 2009. MESSAGE BOARDS

JOSHUA MITCHELL, CB, 5-11, 180, 4.5, CORONA (ROOSEVELT), CALIFORNIA

High On Nebraska

"Nebraska has a beautiful defense, I love their defense. They are always around the ball, they (Nebraska) are getting up there in the nation and are moving up. I think they will be one of the top programs in the nation." Mitchell said

"I'm visiting Nebraska November 7th," Mitchell said, "I'm very excited to go. There will be four of us going to Nebraska, Slavin, Hill and Mobley are all going with me. They all like Nebraska but we don't talk much about who is recruiting us or what we are going to do. We just know that we set up a trip to Nebraska together. Austin Hill is going to Colorado State with me this weekend."

Family Ties At CSU

"I also like Colorado State," Mitchell said, "My brother is going there now he's a redshirt freshman. I'm going out there October 10 when they play Utah."

"I like Colorado State's head coach, recruiting coordinator and everybody up there. I hear from them about every week, either they call me or I will call them. Colorado State said they are looking out for one corner and I'm that person." Mitchell said

"Colorado is building the program up there, they were in the dumps but building it back up." Mitchell added

No Leader

"I don't know who the leader is right now, It's kind of up in the air right now. I'm looking to play early, If I have to redshirt I wouldn't complain. I'm looking to get in and start." Mitchell said

"I'm going to commit at the end of the season. I'm going to try to take all five visits but, I don't know what other schools yet." Mitchell said

Here is link from Husker Journal:

OCTOBER 7 2009. MESSAGE BOARDS

JOSHUA MITCHELL, CB, 5-11, 180, 4.5, CORONA (ROOSEVELT), CALIFORNIA

High On Nebraska

"Nebraska has a beautiful defense, I love their defense. They are always around the ball, they (Nebraska) are getting up there in the nation and are moving up. I think they will be one of the top programs in the nation." Mitchell said

:woo

Very nice! Looks like a good player. On a side note, two of my sons love this pick up. Why? You will have to ask Joshua and Mitchell yourself!

Very nice! Looks like a good player. On a side note, two of my sons love this pick up. Why? You will have to ask Joshua and Mitchell yourself!

:)

You must have watched big red wrap up last night. If that's true, I would be willing to bet that he was Bo's top cover corner out of the remaining five or so corners we had a shot with, not out of every corner. However, sounds like a good pick up and with Prince and Dennard I think we are starting to see what good cover corners can do for a defense. It's been a nice change up since the days of staring at the receiver and sticking your hand out instead of looking back and playing the ball.

You must have watched big red wrap up last night. If that's true, I would be willing to bet that he was Bo's top cover corner out of the remaining five or so corners we had a shot with, not out of every corner. However, sounds like a good pick up and with Prince and Dennard I think we are starting to see what good cover corners can do for a defense. It's been a nice change up since the days of staring at the receiver and sticking your hand out instead of looking back and playing the ball.

Or since the days of that magician Phil Elmassian and his patented "Run down field with back to QB and pray the ball hits you in the back of the helmet" style of pass D... :rollin

Or since the days of that magician Phil Elmassian and his patented "Run down field with back to QB and pray the ball hits you in the back of the helmet" style of pass D... :rollin

dudeguyy- You could be right with the comment about him being the one we wanted most out of the remaining guys.

Love the reply huskers1 :LOLtartar

:laughpound:laughpound

Also listened to Josh on 1620 today and he is a very well spoken young man. He said he's on track to graduate with a 4.0 and said the one word he kept using to describe his visit to people who were texting him was "insane". This guy really impressed me with the way he spoke.

Also listened to Josh on 1620 today and he is a very well spoken young man. He said he's on track to graduate with a 4.0 and said the one word he kept using to describe his visit to people who were texting him was "insane". This guy really impressed me with the way he spoke.

Yeah, I'm pretty excited about this kid. "Nebraska has a beautiful defense, I love their defense." Gotta love it!

According to HI, Bo & Carl met with Mitchell today and asked him if he would consider a Grey Shirt. Mitchell agreed to it and will be on campus in Jan. 2011 instead.

They also said he's quite young. He turns 17 tomorrow. He's a 4.0 student, so he might've skipped a grade growing up, which would explain why he's so young.

Either way, this news keeps another scholly open for 2010.

According to HI, Bo & Carl met with Mitchell today and asked him if he would consider a Grey Shirt. Mitchell agreed to it and will be on campus in Jan. 2011 instead.

They also said he's quite young. He turns 17 tomorrow. He's a 4.0 student, so he might've skipped a grade growing up, which would explain why he's so young.

Either way, this news keeps another scholly open for 2010.

How, sounds like his parents did a hell of a job with that kid. I would be so proud if my kid displayed that kind of maturity (for both his willingness to grey shirt and his grades).

Hmm, this makes me think the coaches expect another commit or two for the 2010 class. This will be fun to follow.

:hellloooo

Maybe not though you never know. I think someone crunched the numbers and said the commits we're sitting at right now, 18, leaves us with technically no more room. This gives us 1 more spot. Say we get Simek or a QB. And then we have another spot held out for Cooper that has to come from somewhere too...

I guess I see this more like, it's the first of a couple similar announcements perhaps, rather than an indication of getting more guys than we thought we would for this year.

Maybe not though you never know. I think someone crunched the numbers and said the commits we're sitting at right now, 18, leaves us with technically no more room. This gives us 1 more spot. Say we get Simek or a QB. And then we have another spot held out for Cooper that has to come from somewhere too...

I guess I see this more like, it's the first of a couple similar announcements perhaps, rather than an indication of getting more guys than we thought we would for this year.

Well Simek told Rivals last week that the coaches told him there are 3 spots left. If that is true, then we are down to 2 with Bell. I'm guessing either this puts it back to 3 or the coaches were counting on Mitchell grey shirting when they told this to Simek.

Plus, wouldn't Mitchell's grey shirt put the 2010 class at 17, not 18, right?

Hhhhmmmm, I am glad/surprised that he is willing/able to make this sacrifice. This speaks more to the depth at CB, Blue, Green, Middleton, Blue, Dennard, Gomes, West, Prince, etc.

Hhhhmmmm, I am glad/surprised that he is willing/able to make this sacrifice. This speaks more to the depth at CB, Blue, Green, Middleton, Blue, Dennard, Gomes, West, Prince, etc.

Shows great character also :)

Regardless if Cotton is going to get a free ride or not I have noo idea why the hell evans or cotton weren't asked to greyshirt instead of Mitchell. So much for those rumors that he was the number one cover corner on the coaches board huh? I don't care if he is a year younger than the rest of the guys in this class or not, I don't think he should have taken one ahead of evans or cotton. With that said if Cotton and Evans are/were asked to take a greyshirt then I really don't have a problem with this, I just would absolutely HATE to see Mitchell asked when Cotton and Evans aren't.

Regardless if Cotton is going to get a free ride or not I have noo idea why the hell evans or cotton weren't asked to greyshirt instead of Mitchell. So much for those rumors that he was the number one cover corner on the coaches board huh? I don't care if he is a year younger than the rest of the guys in this class or not, I don't think he should have taken one ahead of evans or cotton. With that said if Cotton and Evans are/were asked to take a greyshirt then I really don't have a problem with this, I just would absolutely HATE to see Mitchell asked when Cotton and Evans aren't.

He is completely cool with what the coaches want him to do. He will sign this Feb. but will count against the 2011 class. He wants to be a husker really bad.

Let us not forget that Hickman was also a grey shirt. He turned out okay didnt he?

He is completely cool with what the coaches want him to do. He will sign this Feb. but will count against the 2011 class. He wants to be a husker really bad.

Let us not forget that Hickman was also a grey shirt. He turned out okay didnt he?

It could be that he was asked before alot of others due to our depth at corner more than anything else. We are VERY deep there right now, IMO, and staggering him back one class could be good for both him and us. He won't be buried as deep on the depth chart when he comes in and he'll have a full spring of practice under his belt before his first season. I doubt the coaches made it an ultimatum, and I'll bet they just asked him, explained why they were asking him, and he said yes.

like i said the staff knows somethign is up and is makign room for whomever to come... perhaps just in case the other two remain spots get filled up... sometings up in my opinion.....

:):):)

like i said the staff knows somethign is up and is makign room for whomever to come... perhaps just in case the other two remain spots get filled up... sometings up in my opinion.....

I wouldnt imagine them asking Mitchell to Greyshirt if they didnt think Corey Cooper would be a husker. Why would Bo "hold a spot" in a limited class for a maybe? I think something is up with him. I will find out. :)

I wouldnt imagine them asking Mitchell to Greyshirt if they didnt think Corey Cooper would be a husker. Why would Bo "hold a spot" in a limited class for a maybe? I think something is up with him. I will find out. :)

I wouldn't look at just Cooper. Perhaps a surprise silent commit that nobody knows about? :dunno

Just saying...

I wouldn't look at just Cooper. Perhaps a surprise silent commit that nobody knows about? :dunno

Just saying...

I dont know either. But I am going to do what I can to find out. :)

This is getting interesting.

His age does make a difference. Because he should actually be a junior this year he doesn't care about hanging back in Cali for a semester. We are flat-out LOADED at cb next season and we have two good freshman joining the mix with Green and Middleton. He wasn't going to play anyway.

Just saying...

And you will report back to us everything that you find out (I'm waving my fingers in front of my computer screen in a Jedi mind trick motion).

Just saying...

And you will report back to us everything that you find out (I'm waving my fingers in front of my computer screen in a Jedi mind trick motion).

No use. EZ-E is a Hutt.

star-wars-jabba-the-hutt_l.jpg

Just saying...

No use. EZ-E is a Hutt.

star-wars-jabba-the-hutt_l.jpg

What is that girl doing hanging around Charlie Weis????

Why the hell wasnt Cotton asked to greyshirt instead? From what I've heard, Cotton wont have 2 pay anything to go to NU anyway (cuz his dad coaches & apparantly will be retained) so wtf difference does it make whether or not we give him a scholarship?

Chill the eff out.

Maybe you should do a little research yourself.. Including ya know.. reading the threads here in this very recruiting forum?

Here let me help you out....

Reasons why Cotton doesn't attend for free with Barney being on staff

Maybe now, you can go ahead and chill and apologize for those remarks. Good try though.