SIGNED CB Joshua Mitchell

Ohio Pete

You must have watched big red wrap up last night. If that's true, I would be willing to bet that he was Bo's top cover corner out of the remaining five or so corners we had a shot with, not out of every corner. However, sounds like a good pick up and with Prince and Dennard I think we are starting to see what good cover corners can do for a defense. It's been a nice change up since the days of staring at the receiver and sticking your hand out instead of looking back and playing the ball.

You must have watched big red wrap up last night. If that's true, I would be willing to bet that he was Bo's top cover corner out of the remaining five or so corners we had a shot with, not out of every corner. However, sounds like a good pick up and with Prince and Dennard I think we are starting to see what good cover corners can do for a defense. It's been a nice change up since the days of staring at the receiver and sticking your hand out instead of looking back and playing the ball.

Or since the days of that magician Phil Elmassian and his patented "Run down field with back to QB and pray the ball hits you in the back of the helmet" style of pass D... :rollin

Or since the days of that magician Phil Elmassian and his patented "Run down field with back to QB and pray the ball hits you in the back of the helmet" style of pass D... :rollin

dudeguyy- You could be right with the comment about him being the one we wanted most out of the remaining guys.

Love the reply huskers1 :LOLtartar

:laughpound:laughpound

Also listened to Josh on 1620 today and he is a very well spoken young man. He said he's on track to graduate with a 4.0 and said the one word he kept using to describe his visit to people who were texting him was "insane". This guy really impressed me with the way he spoke.

Yeah, I'm pretty excited about this kid. "Nebraska has a beautiful defense, I love their defense." Gotta love it!

• 1 month later...

According to HI, Bo & Carl met with Mitchell today and asked him if he would consider a Grey Shirt. Mitchell agreed to it and will be on campus in Jan. 2011 instead.

They also said he's quite young. He turns 17 tomorrow. He's a 4.0 student, so he might've skipped a grade growing up, which would explain why he's so young.

Either way, this news keeps another scholly open for 2010.

According to HI, Bo & Carl met with Mitchell today and asked him if he would consider a Grey Shirt. Mitchell agreed to it and will be on campus in Jan. 2011 instead.

They also said he's quite young. He turns 17 tomorrow. He's a 4.0 student, so he might've skipped a grade growing up, which would explain why he's so young.

Either way, this news keeps another scholly open for 2010.

How, sounds like his parents did a hell of a job with that kid. I would be so proud if my kid displayed that kind of maturity (for both his willingness to grey shirt and his grades).

Hmm, this makes me think the coaches expect another commit or two for the 2010 class. This will be fun to follow.

:hellloooo