SIGNED CB Joshua Mitchell

Ohio Pete

Maybe not though you never know. I think someone crunched the numbers and said the commits we're sitting at right now, 18, leaves us with technically no more room. This gives us 1 more spot. Say we get Simek or a QB. And then we have another spot held out for Cooper that has to come from somewhere too...

I guess I see this more like, it's the first of a couple similar announcements perhaps, rather than an indication of getting more guys than we thought we would for this year.

Maybe not though you never know. I think someone crunched the numbers and said the commits we're sitting at right now, 18, leaves us with technically no more room. This gives us 1 more spot. Say we get Simek or a QB. And then we have another spot held out for Cooper that has to come from somewhere too...

I guess I see this more like, it's the first of a couple similar announcements perhaps, rather than an indication of getting more guys than we thought we would for this year.

Well Simek told Rivals last week that the coaches told him there are 3 spots left. If that is true, then we are down to 2 with Bell. I'm guessing either this puts it back to 3 or the coaches were counting on Mitchell grey shirting when they told this to Simek.

Plus, wouldn't Mitchell's grey shirt put the 2010 class at 17, not 18, right?

Regardless if Cotton is going to get a free ride or not I have noo idea why the hell evans or cotton weren't asked to greyshirt instead of Mitchell. So much for those rumors that he was the number one cover corner on the coaches board huh? I don't care if he is a year younger than the rest of the guys in this class or not, I don't think he should have taken one ahead of evans or cotton. With that said if Cotton and Evans are/were asked to take a greyshirt then I really don't have a problem with this, I just would absolutely HATE to see Mitchell asked when Cotton and Evans aren't.

Regardless if Cotton is going to get a free ride or not I have noo idea why the hell evans or cotton weren't asked to greyshirt instead of Mitchell. So much for those rumors that he was the number one cover corner on the coaches board huh? I don't care if he is a year younger than the rest of the guys in this class or not, I don't think he should have taken one ahead of evans or cotton. With that said if Cotton and Evans are/were asked to take a greyshirt then I really don't have a problem with this, I just would absolutely HATE to see Mitchell asked when Cotton and Evans aren't.

He is completely cool with what the coaches want him to do. He will sign this Feb. but will count against the 2011 class. He wants to be a husker really bad.

Let us not forget that Hickman was also a grey shirt. He turned out okay didnt he?

He is completely cool with what the coaches want him to do. He will sign this Feb. but will count against the 2011 class. He wants to be a husker really bad.

Let us not forget that Hickman was also a grey shirt. He turned out okay didnt he?

It could be that he was asked before alot of others due to our depth at corner more than anything else. We are VERY deep there right now, IMO, and staggering him back one class could be good for both him and us. He won't be buried as deep on the depth chart when he comes in and he'll have a full spring of practice under his belt before his first season. I doubt the coaches made it an ultimatum, and I'll bet they just asked him, explained why they were asking him, and he said yes.

like i said the staff knows somethign is up and is makign room for whomever to come... perhaps just in case the other two remain spots get filled up... sometings up in my opinion.....

:):):)

I wouldnt imagine them asking Mitchell to Greyshirt if they didnt think Corey Cooper would be a husker. Why would Bo "hold a spot" in a limited class for a maybe? I think something is up with him. I will find out. :)

like i said the staff knows somethign is up and is makign room for whomever to come... perhaps just in case the other two remain spots get filled up... sometings up in my opinion.....

I wouldnt imagine them asking Mitchell to Greyshirt if they didnt think Corey Cooper would be a husker. Why would Bo "hold a spot" in a limited class for a maybe? I think something is up with him. I will find out. :)

I wouldn't look at just Cooper. Perhaps a surprise silent commit that nobody knows about? :dunno

Just saying...

I wouldn't look at just Cooper. Perhaps a surprise silent commit that nobody knows about? :dunno

Just saying...

I dont know either. But I am going to do what I can to find out. :)

This is getting interesting.

His age does make a difference. Because he should actually be a junior this year he doesn't care about hanging back in Cali for a semester. We are flat-out LOADED at cb next season and we have two good freshman joining the mix with Green and Middleton. He wasn't going to play anyway.

Just saying...

I dont know either. But I am going to do what I can to find out. :)

This is getting interesting.

And you will report back to us everything that you find out (I'm waving my fingers in front of my computer screen in a Jedi mind trick motion).