SIGNED CB Joshua Mitchell

Ohio Pete

HI has a teaser about an update on Mitchell's potential grayshirt situation. Anyone care to fill us in?

He announced that he will not be gray shirting. He will take his scholarship and be a normal commit for the 2010 class.

That means there must have been some attrition somewhere.

HI has a teaser about an update on Mitchell's potential grayshirt situation. Anyone care to fill us in?

He announced that he will not be gray shirting. He will take his scholarship and be a normal commit for the 2010 class.

hope it has something to do with a coaches son.....

Don't jinx it

by the way.. what the hell is this? :moreinteresting

Ha! @ epoc, and agreed

:moreinteresting

is the most confusing smilie ever...I can't ever figure out what exactly it's supposed to convey. :P

I wonder where that leaves the coaches...and where we'll see attrition coming from.

Seriously did not sound like a greyshirt would have been a bad option at all for him, especially considering how many CBs we have now. Putting off a year when it's really just a term, and adding on the time to mature...sounded like a good situation for Mitchell.

Attrition? I wouldn't say that's a given. Nothing I've seen says that greyshirt was being forced on him and that showing with the rest of the class wasn't an option.

Don't jinx it

This has always been the context in which I've used it...

bunny-pancake.jpg

Don't jinx it

bunny-pancake.jpg

Oh it's a pancake! I thought it was a pie on his head he was balancing while he ran around.

In regards to Mitchell. I give the kid a lot of credit for sticking with his decision to come in right away, if it's true that the staff asked him to greyshirt and he said he wanted to just take the offer and probably go with a redshirt instead. The kid is probably dying to play football as it is. I'm sure he wants to be a team player, but he were initially promised to be a part of the Husker 2010 recruiting class. They probably sold him with pitches like "you will have a chance to compete for a spot, and all the positions on the field are up for grabs" (usual Bo quotes). I honestly think that the kid made a good decision, and we are all very happy to have him onboard. So you might as well get him in here as fast as possible to learn the system and start pushing for time. I'm happy with the young man's decision. Lets get him here quick!

Don't jinx it

bunny-pancake.jpg

Oh it's a pancake! I thought it was a pie on his head he was balancing while he ran around.

In regards to Mitchell. I give the kid a lot of credit for sticking with his decision to come in right away, if it's true that the staff asked him to greyshirt and he said he wanted to just take the offer and probably go with a redshirt instead. The kid is probably dying to play football as it is. I'm sure he wants to be a team player, but he were initially promised to be a part of the Husker 2010 recruiting class. They probably sold him with pitches like "you will have a chance to compete for a spot, and all the positions on the field are up for grabs" (usual Bo quotes). I honestly think that the kid made a good decision, and we are all very happy to have him onboard. So you might as well get him in here as fast as possible to learn the system and start pushing for time. I'm happy with the young man's decision. Lets get him here quick!

I read that his dad played pro ball and his older brother is at Colorado St. He is just a little young. Graduating at 17.

I think a greyshirt would have benefited Joshua since he is a bit young, but a Redshirt will help him in that regard. If he greyshirted, he could of had essentially an 18 month Redshirt and now will just have a 12 month Redshirt. That being said, it will be interesting to see if it takes him 2 or 3 years to really crack the line up. The young man has a great upside, glad to have him.