Question for the student section....

TheKiD

Is it normal for people in the student section to put up their hands to form a.. well a vagina and yell that the other team's player is a b*tch and/or p*ssy?

I just brought my girlfriend to her first ever husker game today, and I have to say I was a bit ashamed by that. WTF is going on?

edit: i should add that this was not a majority.. but it was quite a few people.

Unfortunately, yes. Which is one of many reasons why I cannot stand college-aged guys.

What kind of guys are you in to? :laughpound

But seriously, that is what douchey college kids do. I'm sure everyone expects that kind of bs.

Well, being a girl, I have my types. And "douchey college kids" aren't it. But hey, every student section in the country is going to have its fair share of jerks who think they're being real edgy and impressive with their behavior. Witty much?

Heh, well, if they're hoping to attract female attention with that, they sure as hell are...but I'm pretty sure it's not the kind of attention they want. I heard more than a few "God, what an obnoxious loser..." from the other ladies around me.

Welcome back, HuskerJen... <_<

But seriously, that is what douchey college kids do. I'm sure everyone expects that kind of bs.

Well, being a girl, I have my types. And "douchey college kids" aren't it. But hey, every student section in the country is going to have its fair share of jerks who think they're being real edgy and impressive with their behavior. Witty much?

Heh, well, if they're hoping to attract female attention with that, they sure as hell are...but I'm pretty sure it's not the kind of attention they want. I heard more than a few "God, what an obnoxious loser..." from the other ladies around me.

:dunno:wtf

Man, the 'holier than thou' crowd always cracks me up.

We've got a bunch of kids, sitting in a student section, the majority of which were either on a good buzz or were completely wasted, but somehow people are shocked they do something that is seen as wrong?

The beauty about these message boards is in situations like these, you cannot call other people out on their pasts and the things they have done wrong. I'm sure they went through college, never drank and never became rowdy once their adrenaline started pumping at one of these games. OF COURSE NOT! Why? Because they are better people than us. How do I know? They constantly remind us in threads like these about how much better of people they are than others.

Just know, I'm happy for you all. I'm happy for each and every one of you all that you are better people than a bunch of kids. I'm happy that you chose to come to a public message board to mock college kids at a sporting event, because, well, some act like college kids.

If you have THAT much of a problem with it, go write Tom Osborne another letter so maybe we can move the students out of the stadium all together instead of them constantly being a nuisance to everyone in that stadium.

And before someone says I am condoning it, I am NOT. I'm just sick of two things ..

1.) People CONSTANTLY complaining about the student section. Whether they try to be different with 'Blackouts', to standing during games, to not being loud enough although they make the greater majority of the noise and now something as silly as this.

2.) In situations like these a rush of people to come in and tell or remind everyone how much of better people they are than others. The irony is just funny.

Big Willie's probably right.

Whoever saddled us with the "Classiest Fans in Football" or whatever really handcuffed us.

I mean, we can't just be like every other fanbase..We have to continually strive to be better than everyone else..

It sucks!

Oh yeah..I almost forgot... :sarcasm

I still wonder..

If most of you/us still want to be called the "Greatest fans..."

If maybe we should stop separating the students from the rest of the crowd..It would probably stop them from having the "Mob Mentality"..They'd be more apt to behave themselves if they see a 5yr old watching every move..they might just get some more of "us?" bluehairs off our hands and yelling, too.

We've got a bunch of kids, sitting in a student section, the majority of which were either on a good buzz or were completely wasted, but somehow people are shocked they do something that is seen as wrong?

The beauty about these message boards is in situations like these, you cannot call other people out on their pasts and the things they have done wrong. I'm sure they went through college, never drank and never became rowdy once their adrenaline started pumping at one of these games. OF COURSE NOT! Why? Because they are better people than us. How do I know? They constantly remind us in threads like these about how much better of people they are than others.

Just know, I'm happy for you all. I'm happy for each and every one of you all that you are better people than a bunch of kids. I'm happy that you chose to come to a public message board to mock college kids at a sporting event, because, well, some act like college kids.

If you have THAT much of a problem with it, go write Tom Osborne another letter so maybe we can move the students out of the stadium all together instead of them constantly being a nuisance to everyone in that stadium.

And before someone says I am condoning it, I am NOT. I'm just sick of two things ..

1.) People CONSTANTLY complaining about the student section. Whether they try to be different with 'Blackouts', to standing during games, to not being loud enough although they make the greater majority of the noise and now something as silly as this.

2.) In situations like these a rush of people to come in and tell or remind everyone how much of better people they are than others. The irony is just funny.

Whoever saddled us with the "Classiest Fans in Football" or whatever really handcuffed us.

I mean, we can't just be like every other fanbase..We have to continually strive to be better than everyone else..

It sucks!

:dunno

It's as simple as our own fanbase expects everything to go the way a select few expect it to.

Stand up during the game? SIT DOWN, UNLESS I'M UP TOO!

Wear a different color shirt than red to try to inspire our defense? BLASPHEMOUS!

Speak out because you get moved to the corner of the stadium, in one of the worst parts of the stadium? SHADDUP!

Aren't loud enough to make up for the fact I won't make enough noise? KNOW YOUR ROLE, BUTTHOLE!

Act like a drunken college kid? WHAT? UNPOSSIBLE!

It's essentially never-ending with the older crowd in regards to the students. I mean, it's getting to the point where they would rather push them out all together than have them in that stadium.

As far as having the 'Classiest Fans in America', if someone goes into a stadium, any stadium, and expects no random drunks to be in that stadium, then they need not come to a game at all. It's as if some think this is the first time something disrespectful happened in that stadium.

Stuff happens. Yes, even at NEBRASKA. Crazy to think that, huh?

:dunno:wtf

Yeah, then you are back partying with them later that night, just like the girls were when I was there 10 years ago.

Let me help you out, when the skers were killing everyone and never lost at home, we were "classy", now they freaking smiss and ball state win or almost win because of callahan, things are not so "classy".

It sucks!

It's as simple as our own fanbase expects everything to go the way a select few expect it to.

Wear a different color shirt than red to try to inspire our defense? BLASPHEMOUS!

Speak out because you get moved to the corner of the stadium, in one of the worst parts of the stadium? SHADDUP!

Aren't loud enough to make up for the fact I won't make enough noise? KNOW YOUR ROLE, BUTTHOLE!

It's essentially never-ending with the older crowd in regards to the students. I mean, it's getting to the point where they would rather push them out all together than have them in that stadium.

As far as having the 'Classiest Fans in America', if someone goes into a stadium, any stadium, and expects no random drunks to be in that stadium, then they need not come to a game at all. It's as if some think this is the first time something disrespectful happened in that stadium.

Spot f'ing on man!

dude, the old crowd or the "I am trying to impress my girlfriend" crowd love complaining.

It sucks!

Spot f'ing on man!

dude, the old crowd or the "I am trying to impress my girlfriend" crowd love complaining.

Dood..

I'm not complaining..Just want you to realize you are representing more than just yourselves out there.

Even back in the '80's when I was a student..We'd have a handful of drunks that would embarrass themselves and take away from my focus of the game as I was trying to call the next play for Osborne by telepathy.

Usually the drunk guys went down pretty easy when the guy next to them gave them a shot to the head.(About the only time I remember seeing anybody sit)..

I haven't been back for a home game since we lost to Washington in 90?, but the games I saw out here since our '93-'95 teams had so much success..seemed to bring some of the poorer sports among us out of the woodwork.

We're not approaching KSU or Colorado status just yet..But it's still a little sad to see..And makes me look stupid for bragging to Buckeye37 how much better sports we are than the fans of her old team. Or how much more dignified our rivalry with OU is compared to the way they treat Mechicken fans.

Still...

Why separate the students from the rest of the fan base?

They can only benefit from each other's experience and enthusiasm.

Lets not forget in the grand scheme of thing the interest of the University of Nebraska should be with the students. Last year there was talk of moving the student section because they wanted to stand and the blue hair couldnt see the game. I thought that was complete crap. Even though the state focuses it life and schedules around husker games the most important fans are the students. They are the ones that will cheer for the team all game, and yell at the oppisition and make it diffucult for them. Going to many husker game it was easy to cheer when we were winning but overall the staduim is only "rocking" when were up.

Lets not forget in the grand scheme of thing the interest of the University of Nebraska should be with the students. Last year there was talk of moving the student section because they wanted to stand and the blue hair couldnt see the game. I thought that was complete crap. Even though the state focuses it life and schedules around husker games the most important fans are the students. They are the ones that will cheer for the team all game, and yell at the oppisition and make it diffucult for them. Going to many husker game it was easy to cheer when we were winning but overall the staduim is only "rocking" when were up.

Sorry, but the most important fans are the ones who drop thousands on seat assessments and have supported the Huskers for decades. Not kids who think they're god's gift because they consume a bunch of drinks and act like morons and probably won't remember the game anyway.

The only way to stop the students from acting like this is to keep them out of the stadium completely. Not saying that's what SHOULD happen, I am just saying that's the only way to stop it.

I wish people could drink responsibly, act reasonably and respectfully, but it will never happen.

Sorry, but the most important fans are the ones who drop thousands on seat assessments and have supported the Huskers for decades. Not kids who think they're god's gift because they consume a bunch of drinks and act like morons and probably won't remember the game anyway.

The only way to stop the students from acting like this is to keep them out of the stadium completely. Not saying that's what SHOULD happen, I am just saying that's the only way to stop it.

I wish people could drink responsibly, act reasonably and respectfully, but it will never happen.

Well then maybe the holier then thou rich folk should throw some more money at the school so these kids and their parents don't have to spend thousands of dollars for their education. Until then I don't feel that anybody but their mom should be able to tell them how to act, wether you approve of it or not. They may not have to pay as much for their seat but I would have to say they are still doing their part in supporting the schools financial needs.