QB Christian Suntrup

sdhusker82

As for speed vs. power backs and speed vs. possession receivers, I think it's important to have both. Oftentimes they complement each other well and help you diversify your options on offense, keeping the D off balance.

Sorry Lava, but I think Zoogies was messing around and making a point. He for got the :sarcasm so that no one would get confused. He was saying exactly the same thing you said and also applying it to quarterbacks... you need some of both just to cover all your bases. Plus if you look at our "Pro-style" targets they are still pretty mobile guys they just aren't known for running like our "dual threat" targets.

i like that we seem to be taking the same approach as texas towards recruiting QB's, which is to require at least some mobility, but then just taking the best you can get from that point, be they athletic freaks (young, chiles), passers with decent mobility (snead, gilbert) or somewhere in between (mccoy, harris, wood).

Sorry Lava, but I think Zoogies was messing around and making a point. He for got the :sarcasm so that no one would get confused. He was saying exactly the same thing you said and also applying it to quarterbacks... you need some of both just to cover all your bases. Plus if you look at our "Pro-style" targets they are still pretty mobile guys they just aren't known for running like our "dual threat" targets.

haha, my mistake then. :lol:

At the least, he'll be driving a decent car...

http://www.suntrup.com/

wow, looks like the family has some serious coin. does anyone know what team the family/parents is a fan of???

This kid doesn't need a scholarship... walk on and let a kid who is less financially able have it.

Just because his parents don't need him to get a scholarship doesn't mean he shouldn't be offered one. If he is talented enough to be recruited by Nebraska, then he deserves the scholarship.

wow, looks like the family has some serious coin. does anyone know what team the family/parents is a fan of???

This kid doesn't need a scholarship... walk on and let a kid who is less financially able have it.

Yeah. Then let someone else who is offering a scholarship beat us out. Good call. :thumbs

• Fire 1

:) in my experience people that are wealthy...didn't get there by giving away free money.

This has nothing to do with money it's pride I was good enough for a scholarship

• Fire 1

:) in my experience people that are wealthy...didn't get there by giving away free money.

This has nothing to do with money it's pride I was good enough for a scholarship

pride is a component, but saying it has nothing to do w/ the $120,000 might be stretching it - even for wealthy individuals.

• Fire 1

I'm almost positive this was a jake cotton joke...

Bingo... although that will come back to bite me in the butt if Jake ends up being an all-american defensive lineman... just watch it happen... lol.

• 1 month later...

Wouldn't be surprised if Suntrup heads to Boston College. Supposedly he'll be making a decision this summer.

Summertime Commitment?

Christain Suntrup attended the Boston College spring game this weekend and says he was very impressed with the Eagles. "I really felt comfortable there," Suntrup said about Boston College. "I like the environment a lot and how it has a good city feel to it. The game was good too and I like the fans. Boston is just a great sports city and I like the offense they run." Suntrup says that...

LINK