QB Christian Suntrup

sdhusker82

yea im pretty sure we did it seems starling is ares to lose even tho he said its a 2 way tie between us and notre dame..... is there any timetable for starling?

When does the MLB have it's draft, maybe he'll wait and see where he goes.

The 2010 MLB Draft is set for June 7th to 9th, in Secaucus, New Jersey.

Round 1 of the first-year player draft will take place on the Monday June 7th. Rounds 2 thru 30 on June 8th, and rounds 31 thru 50 on June 9th.

yea im pretty sure we did it seems starling is ares to lose even tho he said its a 2 way tie between us and notre dame..... is there any timetable for starling?

Round 1 of the first-year player draft will take place on the Monday June 7th. Rounds 2 thru 30 on June 8th, and rounds 31 thru 50 on June 9th.

Bubba is only a junior, he won't be eligible until the 2011 MLB Draft next June once he has graduated High School. That is why he's considered somewhat of a risk, even if you get the LOI next winter, you don't know if he'll make it to campus until August usually.

Bubba is only a junior, he won't be eligible until the 2011 MLB Draft next June once he has graduated High School. That is why he's considered somewhat of a risk, even if you get the LOI next winter, you don't know if he'll make it to campus until August usually.

Thanks for the info.

Correct, I just couldn't find the exact dates of the 2011 draft (if they have even scheduled it yet) - figured it would be about the same time as 2010.

my gut feeling is that the kid would prefer to come to Nebraska but he see's the QB situation as more friendly to him... not saying he is afriad of of comp or what not... just that there is a better shot for him to get out there a bit earlier than he might be at Nebraska.....

Zoogies you made some good points, but I'm curious to hear you expand on why you feel Carnes is not a project but Turner is? What did you base this off of?

I can't really evaluate talent personally, so I'm going off of what Willie has said about these guys: specifically, that Carnes would likely contend for #2 in terms of throwing mechanics with Spano (Lee being a heads and shoulders #1), and that Turner was someone whose passing needs to come along, like Cody Green (who also put up unreal passing stats in HS).

Of course, there are different degrees of projects...Terelle Pryor is a 'project', for instance. I don't think Turner is the same kind of longshot project Martinez is, or we wouldn't be going after him hard as a QB.

• 1 month later...