DE Jalen Grimble

Ohio Pete

on 1620thezone.com unsportsmanlike conduct..... they tlked to bryan munson from scout and he said jalen cam away very impressed and said he have a very good shot at him and wont be surprised if he is nnnnnnnnnnnnnn.... and his decision date is in a couple weeks..

i used to be one of those guys who was like 'he's 99.99 pecent committed guy' but now i've kinda backed off on that because i never want to be too sure that something is gonna happen ( a la owa watch).........

as for JG i am optomistic but i wonder what the other side of the story is with him and the other schools... whats his perception on them and their thoughts on him... we soemtimes only see stuff from our persective and need to dig deeper into other schools.....

Considering the timeline of events and the people who have talked to him, I would not at all be surprised to see Jalen commit.

But the problem is the more high profile you get, the more you worry about decommits later on down the road. Guys who pull the trigger in a flash also un-pull the trigger. Not that I have any reason to think Jalen would be more likely to do that than anyone else––aside from his one decommitment already––but it's April of 2010. A lot can change between now and next February.

Considering the timeline of events and the people who have talked to him, I would not at all be surprised to see Jalen commit.

But the problem is the more high profile you get, the more you worry about decommits later on down the road. Guys who pull the trigger in a flash also un-pull the trigger. Not that I have any reason to think Jalen would be more likely to do that than anyone else––aside from his one decommitment already––but it's April of 2010. A lot can change between now and next February.

While I think it's probably a good idea to keep that concern in mind. Bo's worked really hard at waiting to accept commits until players are sure. Yeah it's probably going to happen now and then, but I think it's going to be minimized given our tactics. Plus I think JG's sold. GBR

While I think it's probably a good idea to keep that concern in mind. Bo's worked really hard at waiting to accept commits until players are sure. Yeah it's probably going to happen now and then, but I think it's going to be minimized given our tactics. Plus I think JG's sold. GBR

Texas has their class almost full at this point. If someone decommits, then you go out and get someone else.

Gabbert decommitted and we got Brion Carnes instead. I would much rather have Carnes over Gabbert.

Texas has their class almost full at this point. If someone decommits, then you go out and get someone else.

Gabbert decommitted and we got Brion Carnes instead. I would much rather have Carnes over Gabbert.

Who's Gabbert?

good point.. i think we sometimes lost track of that over the past couple of years and bo really wants to avoid any of that kind of crap.. though we have seen it still happens and happens at any time.... hence bo's 'when you committ your committed' so make sure your ready and 100 percent sure attitude.. i think it pays off and hope it wil in the future as well it JG....

good point.. i think we sometimes lost track of that over the past couple of years and bo really wants to avoid any of that kind of crap.. though we have seen it still happens and happens at any time.... hence bo's 'when you committ your committed' so make sure your ready and 100 percent sure attitude.. i think it pays off and hope it wil in the future as well it JG....

As long as we win, we won't have to worry about decommitments. TG decommitted b/c he wanted to be with family and our offense looked like hell last year. Most kids (Carnes and Turner) saw our inept offense as an opportunity but TG is a different kid.

The Las Vegas Sun has a nice write-up on Jalen Grimble's impression of Nebraska. It also shows a few pictures of Jalen with Suh and Bo along with a short video clip.

Good find as always. :worship

They make it sound like we left a really good impression and may be in the drivers seat. Perhaps a 1 and 1a with USC. It will all depend on how the USC spring game visit goes on May 1st. He said he will sit down with his fam after that and make a decision.

:cheers Heres to us landing another big time d-line recruit the week of May 1st!

i get a little nervous about the USC thing and his cousin or whatever...... its sound like the dad is a big influence on the kid based on the video and what not.. so i think where dad really like is where JG will strongly lean towards... hopefully some of that crusty USC sheen is coming off for many recruits... but i also hope we made a biger impression with the big beyond the standard crowd of the spring game (which i think we did)....

anyways i like our chances but am still very nervous....